Ebay sent wrong address for return

Seller sent wrong item so I filed a return request. Went to ups to return it with the address provided by ebay and they won't accept it, ups says the address is wrong since the from address and the to address is the same (wrong barcode). The seller won't change there address on the document and nothing seems to be posted anywhere for this particular problem

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Take a piece of paper big enough to cover the From address.

Write your own address on it.

Tape it with clear tape over the incorrect From address.

Take it back to UPS.

Ummmm-- Is the seller in the USA?

The problem may actually be that UPS Canada cannot accept parcels /payments/ return shipping labels  from UPS -USA.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Was this a prepaid label?

Prepaid labels have a cost determined by the start point (this case your address) and the end point (your seller in this case). So a label with the same start and end point is not properly prepaid.

-..-

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

It was supposedly a prepaid label sent by ebay, the seller seems to think it's ebays responsibility to correct this problem
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I suggested covering the from address to the lady at ups and she said the bar code would be incorrect since the shipping label shows an american adress for the label. Is this ebays fault or the seller?
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

If ebay generated the label, they would be using the seller's data. I suspect the seller has incorrect data entered. You might need to call Customer Service to fix this one. Or start by asking the seller to send another label since this one clearly won't work.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply