How long does it take for glendale heights to ship to Canada post?

blaze9975
Community Member
Hi everyone this is my first time using eBay. I first purchased my item on the 25th and this is the time line so far:
Mon, Apr 8
9:06am
Processed Through USPS Regional Facility
Chicago, IL
Fri, Apr 5
8:03pm
Processed Through USPS Regional Facility
Chicago, IL
Fri, Apr 5
1:45pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
Chicago, IL
Fri, Apr 5
1:41pm
Chicago, IL
Thu, Apr 4
9:21am
Shipment Received, Package Acceptance Pending
Illinois
Wed, Apr 3
6:53pm
Chicago, IL
Wed, Apr 3
6:53pm
Customs Clearance
CHICAGO, IL
Wed, Apr 3
11:32am
Dispatched by US Carrier
Wed, Apr 3
1:37am
Sorted by US Carrier
Wed, Apr 3
1:12am
Processed by US Carrier
Tue, Apr 2
4:05pm
Shipment Information Received
Wed, Apr 3
12:00am
Pre-Shipment, USPS Awaiting Item
Tue, Apr 2
9:45am
My question is how much longer until my package comes to Canada post? The est says 3-4 days but does anyone else know maybe? I’m in Toronto so it just needs to be shipped from usps to Canada post. I’ve heard that Glendale is very slow so I’m getting worried thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

What did eBay give you as a window for delivery?
Mark that on your calendar and DON'T WATCH TRACKING.

Tracking shows where the shipment has been, but not where it is.

Your item was received by USPS on April 2. (The label was  printed earlier by the seller, but that's the first time USPS has a record of it being in their hands.)

Then it bounced around a bit, getting customs clearance. Yes, that happens while it is still in the USA.

And now it is either waiting to go on a truck to Canada, or is already on a truck to Canada.

Probably Gateway in Mississauga.

DON'T WATCH TRACKING.

What is the last estimated date for delivery?
It will arrive by then.

Lately my experience with USA to Canada shipments have been taking about 10 - 14 days. Your item can get stuck at Canadian customs for a few days, however lately they have been fairly quick.

Once Toronto clears the item it moves on to Mississauga for sorting. If your following your tracking you should see a message from Canada Post (Missisauga) usually saying shippment will be within 3 - 7 days. International mails are a bit slower but you will receive your item eventually. My latest stated the 3 - 7 days and showed up the next day.

marnotom!
Community Member

The curt but accurate answer is:  It takes as long as it takes.

Not all international eBay shipments go through Glendale Heights.  Some US sellers use a different, older system supported by eBay, and some US sellers ship more directly to their non-US buyers.  If Glendale Heights doesn't show up anywhere in your item's scan event history, then your seller hasn't used the "eBay International Shipping" system.

I'm assuming that you're just showing us the scan events for your item after it left Glendale Heights.  If the item is going through the USPS system, it has to make a stop at the Chicago International Sort Center.  Chicago was a real mess a couple of years ago.  It was straightened up a bit, but it looks as though some items are now struggling to get out of there once they get checked in.  The good news is that it's still on USPS's radar.  It's just getting moved around a lot while staying at the Hotel Chicago ISC.  Once it gets out of there, it should get to Toronto within a few days as long as there are no issues at the Canada Post Gateway facility in Mississauga.