I'm Dealing With Another Fraudulent Seller...

He has sent me a defective phone. Fortunately, the item arrived on time and I'm within my 30 days. He has removed my negative feedback, and I high suspect he has done it many time before to keep his 100 positive feedback.

How is he able to do this? He sent me a revision, which it said I had until January 4th to respond to it.

He hasn't responded to the return request, and like the other, isn't worried at all, and comea across as a sociopath. If he is able to remove negative feedbacks, he probably knows how to work other parts of the system to work it his way. I'm already out $300+ becuase one arrived late, and is locked to cricket, even though the seller says it works perfectly and fully functional.

I'm worried about loosing this case too. This phone sustained water demage for not being properly sealed, the seller didn't report anything wrong with the phone or any indication that it would fault under normal circumstances. He says that it is not his policy or eBay's to return a phone is it sustained water damage, at least that what he implied. The phone wasn't under water, it was splashed with water from the kitchen sink.
I have an A3 (2017), an S10, and S20, that works no problem, even under water.

How can I warn people about a bad seller?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Feedback has nothing to do with the situation.

It's one reason why I think eBay should drop it entirely, since all too many members seem to think that FB is how to get restitution.

Open a Not As Described dispute.

He will be required to send you return shipping.

If he doesn't , you will be refunded.

If he does, when he has the phone back, you will be refunded.

This phone sustained water demage for not being properly sealed,

Which means he did not package it securely. On him, not you.

EBay's Money Back Guarantee supercedes seller policies. Most of us sellers don't like this, but there we go.

He's a bully.

You have right on your side.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

marnotom!
Community Member

Why do you think you would you lose the case?  It's only in very exceptional circumstances that a buyer will not prevail in an Item Not as Described case.  Don't let this nutjob rattle you.

Unfortunately, there isn't really a way you can "warn" other buyers about this seller if your feedback was removed.  However, if you and enough buyers file these sort of cases with eBay, the seller will definitely be on eBay's radar and they may lose their ability to sell on the site in due course.

Sorry you've had such a tough time with your phone purchases.  I've bought a few phones through eBay and I've found it's best to purchase from sellers with a fairly extensive sales history and who specialize in phones or electronics.  Hope things turn around for you tout suite.