Is it possible to have a USD bank account at a Canadian bank and purchase Ebay items in USD?

I'm Canadian, have a bank account in USD currency and would like to buy Ebay items in USD without having to exchange it.   If I can't buy direct it means I have to exchange my US dollars to Canadian at my banks very poor rate, and then buy on ebay having it exchanged yet again. It makes a lot more sense to buy direct in USD but I haven't found a way to do that yet.  I was looking at Goggle Wallet but that appears to make you exchange it. 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

If you had a $US credit card attached to that bank account I think that you would be able to pay directly for an eBay purchase in  US  dollars but Afaik there is no other way to do it.

marnotom!
Community Member

I agree with @pjcdn2005: you probably need to have a US dollar credit card issued by a Canadian bank to pay for your purchases in US dollars.

The only other possibilities I can think that may work is if you get a US dollar account through the US subsidiary of your bank.  For example, RBC Bank (Georgia) N.A. or BMO Bank N.A. and get a debit card linked to that account.  The other possibility might be getting an account through Wise, but I don't know a lot about them to go into any sort of details about the mechanics of making a Wise account work with eBay.