Do I have to Quit ebay now ? How dare they !!

I have been a loyal Ebay customer for many years, and buy here all the time. I spend thousands of dollars every year, sometimes up to a thousand on a single item.

All my transactions have been great for the most part, occasionally I have had small items from other countries not show up, but they have been just 20 or 40 dollar items, all my expensive items I have received fine, and most of the cheaper items too, but if I don't get an item occasionally I will file a claim.

Just recently I didn't get an item from Isreal, and the tracking was not updating, and I ended up getting a refund for the 40 dollar item.

This morning I receive and email from Ebay about Important information about my ebay activity. It says that I have an excessive number of returns or buyer protections. It also states they might not be able to protect me further if something goes wrong.

I wish they would look at how many thousands of dollars I spend here every year. I maybe have had a couple hundred dollars in buyer protections over the years. I thought Ebay was supposed to be safe ?

I have never filed a claim for something that I have received, I have always been honest. If I don't get the occasional 40 dollar item, but all the thousands of dollars in jewelry I have bought and never filed a claim....

Shame on you Ebay. I feel betrayed. I have defended you so many times, recommended you, just helped a co-worker set up her first ebay account....told so many people this was better than amazon.

Look at my buying history over the last 6 years and see just how much I have purchased, and just how little I have had issues with. I am being punished for shopping here too often maybe...

View Entire Topic

At a guess, you may have had a "large" number of Money Back Guarantee claims in a short time.

What the number or percentage is, eBay will not disclose . Nor should they.

I don't think I've ever heard of the problem being the value of the items, usually it is the sheer number of them.

If this was just a warning, don't worry about it.

You are still protected by Paypal's Buyer Protection program and if you back your PP account with a credit card, by the card's chargeback policies.

Have you been reading the Seller Feedback?

As you probaby know, anything under 98% is poor (99% for overseas sellers).  And if the seller has lots of FB -- in the tens or even hundreds of thousands-- it is still worth reading the negs and neutrals for patterns of slow delivery or poor quality, rather than taking a chance on the MBG.