How to avoid using GSP

I've just been dinged for full GSP costs on an item that needs neither special handling nor customs clearing.  The US site posting showed two S&H costs, one $9.95 (calculated) and $24,36 on the main page.  My seller has no idea how to avoid using the GSP, thought she could refund me the difference.  How can I avoid this boondoggle again - if there is no way, I'm afraid I won't be buying from US or UK sites again.  Please advise on how to sell without GSP (I know it can be done).

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

How to avoid using GSP

@drcamber wrote:

... My seller has no idea how to avoid using the GSP, thought she could refund me the difference.  How can I avoid this...  Please advise on how to sell without GSP (I know it can be done).

The seller can only make changes before the item is bought.

GSP can be customized for a listing by the seller to NOT be used when selling to specified countries (like Canada). The details are buried in the amazon.com help files.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/shipping-globally.html#offering

-..-

For you as a buyer, when doing a search, make sure to select "List View" and you will see "Customs services and international tracking provided" and can avoid those listings. If you search using "Gallery View" that information will not be displayed.

You can also ask the seller to turn off GSP for Canada, but you have to do that before you buy.

-..-

Message 2 of 2
latest reply