I made a mistake on the address which I was having an item sent to.

I put an incorrect post box for where my item is to be sent. I put PO Box 279 instead of 276. I also put the street address. If the item is sent by a courrier service it should be no problem, if it is sent to my post office it will probably go to someone else. Could you let me know how it is being shipped and if it is going to the post office could the box number somehow be changed.

The Item Number is-.

Please send your reply to

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

xeposter
Community Member

We are not the seller, and therefor cannot tell you how your item will be shipped. You should contact the seller immediately by going to the item you purchased and clicking "Ask a question." Explain the problem and that you need them to change your address. You may also want to change your shipping address here if it is incorrect: http://my.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyeBay&CurrentPage=MyeBayAddresses&gbh=1&ssPageName=STRK:ME:LNLK.

Alex

This is my POSTING id.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

As the previous respondent indicated, you need to contact your seller asap.

This is a member-to-member discussion board and, while we are very helpful, the chance that one of us here today is your seller is slim.

You can only hope at this point that the seller can still correct the label. If not, maybe talk to your neighbour? The one to which the order will be sent. 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

It is a PO box. This person would probably not see their neighbor unless they were both getting their mail at the same time...
Alex

This is my POSTING id.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Hello 'mw5204....' 

<< I put an incorrect post box for where my item is to be sent. I put PO Box 279 instead of 276. >>

Well, I hope you have now changed that on you ebay account, on paypal, and anything else you use to buy.  Whenever you buy anything, always take an extra second to carefully go over all details before clicking to Confirm and agree.  

No matter, -- this is a GSP item and an item that size will likely be shipped by CanPar when the GSP folks hand it over on this side of the border.  

These are member-to-member boards for users just like yourself so no ebay personnel will see this.  Therefore you could try calling Pitney-Bowes to see if you can alter the address.  It's unlikely to succeed, but if you have the time. . . .

Better yet, run to your postal box site and tell the clerk there about the mistake.  S/he can put a note on the inside view of 279 (so only the PO workers can see it) explaining that the parcel belongs to Your Name in box 276.  

If your name is on package, and you have a PO box there, mix-ups happen all the time and the clerk will more likely leave a card in your box than the other person's.

Besides, when you turn in your card to get your item you have to show ID, so even if  box 279 tries to get it (thinking it is for him) when the names don't match he won't get the item.  

So then, . . .  tell the post office where your 276 box  is about your concerns.  That will cover any confusion there.

And if you wrote out the house address correctly, then you will receive your package at home.

And just so you know, -- when at first you see from the tracking #  that the item says "Delivered" to Erlanger Kentucky, -- that is normal.  It is how the GSP works, -- from there it is forwarded on to you for the second leg of the journey.  It is not fast, and you will not likely have a tracking number for this portion, but it will arrive safely eventually.  

Enjoy your new item. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Obviously, I would send a letter with a friendly note explaining the problem.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply