New International shipping rates US to Canada

I've been a regular eBay buyer (never a seller) for over 20 years. We lived in the US  for over 15 years, and when we moved to Canada several years ago, I was happy to pay what seemed like reasonable charges to have items from US sellers delivered. As of last fall's  implementation of the new eBay "International Shipping" policy, even small, light  clothing items frequently ship with charges as high as $60 and more. I simply refuse to pay that much to have a $25 item shipped as I suspect much of the profit from these transactions is going into eBay's pocket. I have tried negotiating with individual sellers to arrange lower shipping rates, but I find they often refuse or ignore me. I get that--it's a lot of trouble to change shipping arrangements for just a few items. Does anyone know of a route for appealing this change to eBay? Am I alone in finding this change unreasonable? My only recourse here is to stop supporting eBay sellers, and I really don't want to do that...

View Entire Topic

eBay keeps the shipping secret. I ordered from a USA seller and shipping stated USPS international. I thought this was OK, but also a bit expensive but the goods were reasonably priced so went ahead with it. USPS to Canada is about 7 - 10 days.

Following the tracking I find the goods got handed over to eBay's SLOW !!! shipping service, with POOR tracking. It took about 3 - 4 weeks on the parcel to arrive.

SOLUTION: I am closing my eBay account as to Canada it is overpriced and under valued.