Shipping rates.... I know sellers are saying it's not their fault..why the descrep between sellers?

gam.
Community Member
<p>Shipping rate have come to the point that it is no longer affordable to use eBay. Once in a while, we might be able to find that odd seller that isn't trying to gouge us buyers and actually offer a reasonable rate. &nbsp; Buying from another place, besides the USA is the way to go now, too bad it takes so long to get here. &nbsp;For example, I was looking for a Fitbit replacement band. &nbsp;The average rate, just for the shipping was about $12! &nbsp;How?? &nbsp;For such a light and small item? &nbsp;Well, I buy fro China...not 1 but 6 of them and only paid $6!! &nbsp;Not $6 for shipping, $6 period!! &nbsp;Same thing with a watch... $25+ for shipping from the USA, $7 to ship from New Zealand! &nbsp;Can someone explain to me how this can be. eBay, yea gotta fix this!! &nbsp;You're killing us!</p>
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Shipping rates.... I know sellers are saying it's not their fault..why the descrep between sellers?

Unfortunately, sellers who sell anything for more than $20.00, are forced to ship with tracking, to avoid an "item not received" case being opened, and that's expensive. ebay will ALWAYS take the buyers side, and issue a full refund, when a seller has no proof of shipping.  Large vendors on the other side of the world, absorb the loss.  So it's the few dishonest buyers, who claim they didn't get their item, that's to blame.  Incidentally, I have only ever once had someone claim they didn't get their item.  It was shipped without tracking, because they wanted as cheap as possible shipping.  I find it odd, that mostly it's untracked items that gets "lost". I have never had any other issues, as I always ship tracked.  So, it's the same old story, a few rotten apples, spoil the whole barrel.  I'm sure, someone here will take exceptions to this post, but I call-em as I see-em.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

One of the best things about eBay is that the buyer is purchasing from a specific seller, not from some giant company with firm policies.

One of the worst things about eBay is that the buyer is purchasing from a specific seller, not from some giant company with firm policies.

When you are shopping for a specific mass market item, use the Watch feature.

Put each listing you are considering on your Watch list, and  then compare the items before buying.

Sorry if that sounds like Consumerism 101.

But compare the listings paying attention to the final total cost , landed in Canada.

You will find paranoid and xenophobic sellers who charge a small fortune for their items.

You will find newbie sellers who don't know they are signed up for the Global Shipping Program.

You will find Asian* sellers with great prices and hundreds of negative feedback for non-delivery.

You will find Asian* sellers who aren't actually selling what you are looking for.

You will find dropshippers who have never seen the product they are selling.

And with care and luck you will find sellers who have the real thing, who ship promptly, and who know their product.

Which goes to say:: WELCOME TO THE INTERNET.

BTW, a tip for finding the real thing. Search using Highest Price First. Because it is easier to drill down through dozens of listings to your price point than it is to slog up through thousands of inaccurate, sketchey, and counterfeit listings to fnd the actual thing you want.

*and others. But Asian sellers have learned that it costs a North American buyer $40 or more to return unwanted products. 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply