Seller refuses to offer shipping label for a return

I ordered something off this seller and I got something completely different from what I ordered (ordered nail art supplies, got lipstick). I contacted the seller and after speaking in circles and demanding that either she refunds me or at least pay for shipping, I was forced to report that I didn't get the item I ordered. She approved my refund and the case prompts her to send me the return shipping label before August 4th. It's now August 1st and I've messaged her already to send it to me but she hasn't responded. Is there anyway to avoid all this and get my refund without having to deal with this seller again? She's completely unresponsive and unwilling to do anything. I don't see why I should have to pay for shipping something that I never wanted back just so I can get the money I spent on something COMPLETELY DIFFERENT back.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Seller refuses to offer shipping label for a return

She hasn't because she can't.

Unless she is in CANADA, she can't send you a useful shipping label. Not only are Canada Post labels unavailable to her, the USPS (or China Post, or Deutsche Poste, or Royal Mail) labels she could send you are not accepted by Canada Post.

She could take advantage of the Universal Postal Union's International Reply Coupons

http://www.upu.int/en/activities/international-reply-coupons/about-irc.html

but these are rarely used and her local post office may have to send to the postal system HQ to get some.

And then you have to explain to the teenager at the postal outlet in back of the drug store what they are and how they work.

So get off your high horse.

Try to work out something that is satisfactory to both of you.

Would she accept a photo of the incorrect item? Some sellers will do this in cases where items are damaged.

Would you accept a partial refund? This would put more money back in your pocket than paying for Delivery Confirmed return postage and getting a 'full' refund.

Would you be comfortable sending the lipstick back on your own dime, if she crosses her heart and points to heaven that she will then refund you the cost of return shipping? Make sure she understands what service you will be using and what the price of that service will be.

Would you be comfortable returning the lipstick without Delivery Confirmation?

Or give the lipstick to someone who can use it and move on. If you don't have a friend, unopened cosmetics can be donated to the Salvation Army or other charity thrift.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply