Seller threatening me after I received an item different from the description

d999ma-2
Community Member
I purchased an item from a seller from USA who has 100% rating. The listing description stated that the item is brand new, sealed and unused. I received the order almost one month after placing the order. However, when I opened the package there was a damaged postal packing inside the box and the box had no seal. They seemed used and old, with only one earpiece working, other wasn’t working. I checked the serial number on each ear piece and it was different from the one on the box. I reported this to seller and he started threatening me and blaming me that I am lying. He threatened that he will make my life hell, get myself and my family arrested. He threatened he will fly to my place. I talked to the customer agent at ebay over the chat and they told me to wait a few days, if the seller don’t provide return label, ebay will step in. I right away reported the threats and the fraud to my local police. He sent me like 10-15 messages blaming and threatening me. What else should I do?
Will I be able to recover my lost money or am I out of luck?
View Entire Topic

Okay you're dealing with a madman.

You are covered by the eBay Money Back Guarantee .

From the original listing, open a Dispute for Not As Described.

The seller will be told to send you return shipping.

(He can purchase a Canada Post shipping label through Shippo. )

If he refuses, you get your money back.

If he send return shipping, as a label or through Paypal, you send it back promptly. When it is delivered, you get your money back.

After that, use Report on the original transaction or on the Dispute to explain the threats.

There is no reason to read his Messages.

Don't delete them, while the Dispute is going on. But do put them into a file until you don't need them any more.

Remember he is many many miles away and across a border that is not quite open.

He's not going to show up on your doorstep with a tireiron and a friend named Moose.