why do I get a sorry request limit exceeded, try tomorrow

Anyone have any idea as to why I get a sorry amount of requests has exceeded limit Try again tomorrow, or simply cannot display page. Have never run into this before and did not change anything. Help

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

There have been other reports about this. 

It seems to be a browser and siite issue and may be related to the third-party advertising on the page.

Clearing Site Preferences has helped some users. Switching to the french side of ebay.ca or ebay.com has helped other users. Maybe start by updating your browser, clearing cache, trying a new browser et cetera. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

New sellers are restricted in the number and value of their listings. The restrictions are each for 30 days.

That is if you sign up on the 15th of August, the initial restrictions last for 30 days , to September 30.

You can ask Support for an upgrade once a month.

The restrictions are both a Buyer and a Seller protection.

It's a little paternalistic, but you are being protected from scammers who look on new sellers as fresh meat.

The main criterion for loosening restrictions is successful sales.

Since the restrictions are based on both number and value, you are best off learning how to sell with low value items.

You will do better with ten  $25 sales than with one $250.

Especially when you mess something up.

Which you will -- because we all have.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I believe the OP is not talking about selling limits, but an error some users have been getting when browsing eBay. Here's just one of a few posts that I know exist about the issue:

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Site-Issues/You-ve-exceeded-the-number-of-requests-allowed-in-one-day/qa...

It seems to depend on the site you're on (.CA vs .COM) and what browser you're using (IE, Firefox, Chrome, etc.). I haven't looked for every post on this issue, but I believe there were a lot of issues using .CA on Internet Explorer, and other browsers didn't have the same issue, nor did using .COM.

Are you running into this using .CA on Internet Explorer? Is it possible for you to try another browser?

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

There have been other reports about this. 

It seems to be a browser and siite issue and may be related to the third-party advertising on the page.

Clearing Site Preferences has helped some users. Switching to the french side of ebay.ca or ebay.com has helped other users. Maybe start by updating your browser, clearing cache, trying a new browser et cetera. 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply