2014 on track to be hottest year on record

September is the 4th month this year to be the record hottest month globally.

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2014/oct/20/2014-on-track-to-be-hottest-year-on-record-says-u...

More evidence on how the northern regions are more affected by global warming - the average October temperatures in Barrow, AK,  the most northern town in the U.S., has risen an astonishing 7C in the last 34 years.

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2014/oct/17/ice-loss-sends-alaskan-temperatures-soaring-by-7c

Scientists attribute the increase to winds picking up warmth from open waters north of Siberia that would have been normally frozen at this time of the year.

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

valve37
Community Member

Only The Guardian which is in bed with the likes of the Suzukians and the Gorians can come up with **bleep** like that.

It's all a scheme to extort wealth from the Western nations. Changes in climate up and down and it's effect is a normal progression in the evolution of planet earth. Humans are here for only an infetesimal period of time in this evolution of billions of years so we might as well suck it up.  

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are."--Unknown
Message 2 of 15
latest reply

I never did trust the "local" Weathermen.
Message 3 of 15
latest reply

valve37
Community Member

Subject doesn't square with this.

Water temperature of the Great Lakes is over 6 degrees colder than last year, 3 degrees colder than normal

Lakes Superior and Lake Michigan are currently six degrees colder than last year. If the water continues to remain colder than normal, it could have an impact on Michigan’s winter in several ways.

The average water temperature on Lake Superior and Lake Michigan is currently colder than both last year and the long-term average.Mark Torregrossa

Currently Lake Superior has an average surface water temperature of 47.6 degrees. Last year on this date Lake Superior was at 53.7 degrees. The long-term average water temperature on Lake Superior for October 11 is 51.1 degrees.

So Lake Superior is 6.1 degrees colder than this time last year, and 3.5 degrees colder than normal.

Lake Michigan has an average surface water temperature of 56.0 degrees, while last year at this time it was 62.1 degrees. The long-term average water temperature on Lake Michigan for October 11 is 58.4 degrees.

Lake Michigan is also 6.1 degrees colder than this time last year, and 2.4 degrees colder than average.

Lake Huron is 5 degrees colder than last year, and only 1.5 degrees colder than normal.

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2014/10/14/water-temperature-of-the-great-lakes-is-over-6-degrees-colder-...

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are."--Unknown
Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Perhaps the warmth comes from all of the Suzuki houses.

OTTAWA — Green sage David Suzuki has some expensive tastes for someone who wants to shut down the carbon economy within a generation.

QMI Agency has learned that Suzuki, who's made a name for himself fighting for the environment and against development, owns four homes, including one property he co-owns with a fossil fuels company.

His primary abode is a sprawling mansion in the Kitsilano neighbourhood of Vancouver, worth approximately $8.2 million.

At Occupy Vancouver, Suzuki extolled the virtues of his anti-corporate agenda and condemned excess.

He owns another slightly more modest property in the Kitsilano neighbourhood. Its value is listed as $1.01 million.

Suzuki owns a waterfront property on the Quadra Island area off the B.C. coast, that appears from photos to be something of a cottage getaway, complete with boat dock. The property is valued at $1.1 million.

Perhaps most interesting is a property on Nelson Island of which Suzuki is one of several co-owners listed on a B.C. land title registry, another of which includes Kootenay Oil Distributors.

Nelson Island is predominantly forested with little economic activity and a tiny permanent population.

Also Suzuki keeps telling people they should be limited to a maximum of two children while he himself has made six children.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Most scientist all over the world agree global warming exist.

Then you have people with no phd that strongly disagree. Who should I believe here?. This is a tough one.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

As usual, Valve is trying to make hay with disinformation. Making a big deal over 1C-2C degrees below average in a given year for the Great Lakes water temp, conveniently presented in fahrenheit to make it seems like a larger difference!

Hey the meaning of average is that sometimes you have lower temperatures - sometimes higher! Surprise surprise!

And this is an indication of the type of weak virtually non-existent arguments that the climate change deniers can come up with.

Anyone see this months National Geographic? California is roasting to a crisp.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

We do know Harper believes the North Pole is melting.

A fact sheet distributed by his office to the media during Harper's latest Arctic trip shows he's pumping hundreds of millions of dollars into programs and infrastructure, many aimed at mapping the North for future resource development. Think of the "gas, oil, gold, diamonds and other wealth buried beneath the tundra," as Harper described the treasure trove during his Arctic visit in 2008.

This program will map the geology of our northern territories to help prospectors and producers find the vast stores of gas, oil, gold, diamonds and other wealth buried beneath the tundra.  - See more at: http://pm.gc.ca/eng/news/2008/08/28/prime-minister-harper-announces-john...
  This program will map the geology of our northern territories to help prospectors and producers find the vast stores of gas, oil, gold, diamonds and other wealth buried beneath the tundra.  - See more at: http://pm.gc.ca/eng/news/2008/08/28/prime-minister-harper-announces-john...

And what else do we know that Harper knows is melting?

"One day it will sail the Northwest Passage, symbolically following the dream of all the brave Arctic mariners who envisioned a northern route from Atlantic to Pacific," Harper said when he announced the new polar-class "Diefenbaker" icebreaker during that  trip. What Harper didn't mention is the reason those brave Arctic mariner's dreams were dashed is because the Northwest Passage was unpassable. It was covered in ice.

The only reason it's possible to dream of the North's buried treasure, mythic shipping routes and all the economic opportunities this presents is because of, well, climate change. It's melting. 🙂 And Harper knows that and likes it.

Unless each day can be looked back upon by an individual
as one in which he has had some fun, some joy, some
real satisfaction, that day is a loss.
Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Art. Some people are just smarter than the scientific community.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

"Some people are just smarter than the scientific community."

In fact they are so smart that prime minister Harper sends them Christmas cards with images of his family!  Smiley Happy 

PS - Two ways to get the Harper Christmas card: be very very smart and provide evidence that global warming does not exist or send the Party $10 a month tax deductible contribution. 

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Earth was Stifling Hot During Peak Age of Dinosaurs ... High temperatures and possibly more atmospheric carbon dioxide.

Perhaps Art we are headed in that direction again without the dinosaurs though. All in the evolving life of a planet. Learn to breath harder Art. Dinosaurs had to in order to cool their brain due to the temperature. Smiley Wink   

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Valve please take a few minutes (or hours) to learn a bit about Global Warming, its causes and effects;

http://www.nrdc.org/globalwarming/

Once you have understood the situation, call your friend Mr Harper and give him the facts of life as they exist, not as his friends in Calgary would like them to be..

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

It's an evolution and humans will evolve with it. Any ideas what a human will look like in a million years? Think outside the box!

The birds and animals we have today evolved from dinosaur times. They just didn't suddenly appear. Or ...................

Pierre, do you believe that in the beginning ......................................

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

There are two beginnings to Fairy Tales

1>    Once upon a time........

2>  If elected I promise..........

Both have as much truth .

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Sure going to be a big a big surprise when the allians that planted us on earth come back to check and wonder and say Holy cow how come they did not evolve.....
Message 15 of 15
latest reply