Discussion with eBay.ca Country Manager, Friday February 18, 1-2 PM ET

carly@ebay.com
Community Member
Please join us here on Friday, February 18, from 1-2 PM ET for a general discussion and question and answer session with Gary Briggs, eBay.ca Country Manager. Gary will be here on behalf of the eBay.ca team to answer any questions you have about eBay.

Regards,
Carly
Message 1 of 58
latest reply
57 REPLIES 57

Re: Discussion with eBay.ca Country Manager, Friday February 18, 1-2 PM ET

garybriggs@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi alain-62 -

Regarding manufacturer lists (and sourcing) I would suggest you contact the Canadian Association of Manufacturers. They would be a good place to start.
Message 41 of 58
latest reply

garybriggs@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi sphinx64_com --

I think/hope I answered your other 3 questions. I put my 3 responses in one post. You just are typing faster than I am!
Message 42 of 58
latest reply

garybriggs@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi sphinx64_com --

I think/hope I answered your other 3 questions. I put my 3 responses in one post. You just are typing faster than I am!
Message 43 of 58
latest reply

imagi.nation
Community Member
Gary:

I just have a further comment. You've mentioned Bill's town hall meeting yesterday, and the thing he mentioned is that eBay hasn't done a good job of COMMUNICATING with its members. I think this is a very accurate assessment. Having you come here and talk with us is very nice but eBay could really avoid the anger it's seen in the past few months with a regular and consistent program of eBay reps communicating frequently. If you come here, talk to us and then disappear for 6 months, you have spoken to us but you aren't communicating with us.

As I noted in a previous post, the Powersellers on the Powersellers board often mention that they feel like they are second class citizens as the only time we hear from a "Pink" is when they are being chastized for a board rule infraction. When the only time you hear from eBay is when you're doing something wrong, how is that promoting eBay in a positive way?

Anyways, thanks for coming and I hope to hear more from you and eBay.ca

Ernie
Message 44 of 58
latest reply

sphinx64_com
Community Member
Of course Sir i use PayPal but in order for the client tobe invoice i must know were he is located in Canada and in the checkout process from .com all it shows is CANADA, no name,no address, no postalcode therefore how can i determinate the postage cost ? The only thing i found is towright to the client and ask him for his address or at least his postal code,but this make us work longer for slim profit. Please see by yourself and you will find out that i am wright. Also, i think that you are mistaking when you say eBay Stores are foundable when somebody makes a search from any other site than .ca.Please also check with that. Me i checked with Power Seller Support and they told me i am wright and it shouldn't !
Message 45 of 58
latest reply

kiwi0010
Community Member
Hello Gary.
I completely agree with your statement:
"What I see is that sellers who are perceived to overcharge for shipping do more poorly over time than those that charge a more fair price".
My questions is: How can I leave negative feedback (or at least a warning to other buyers) for that person without getting negative feedback myself from her?
My second question is: What can I do when she says that she will leave negative feedback if the invoice is not paid within 7 days but I don't get an answer to my request for shipping charges within that period of time?
As a result of the above problems I have not dealt with her since.
Thank you for your time Gary!

Message 46 of 58
latest reply

sphinx64_com
Community Member
You are very kind mister Briggs, do you think we can have your e-mail address ? 1 more question ! How come that an international company dont have a Ombusdman ? By the way no,you did not answered my question concerning why phone support is not offered to all buyers and sellers without discrimination ? ;O)
Message 47 of 58
latest reply

garybriggs@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi imagi.nation -

Thanks. I fully understand the need for more communication. One of the things we've done in our office is to have every employee here have a pink ID and spend time communicating on the Boards. We have a small office and we talk to each other about what you're posting -- to answer your questions, to get insights for how to improve, to just make eBay a better place to sell and buy. So, I hope you've been seeing more pink activity over the past months. And you will in the months to come.
Message 48 of 58
latest reply

garybriggs@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi imagi.nation --

Sorry. To your question about your PowerSeller kit, you can send an email through the PowerSeller hub, and your email goes to the top of the queue. Just indicate in the subject line that it regards your kit.
Message 49 of 58
latest reply

authors*auctions
Community Member
@garybriggs

Thanks for the compliment re ID.
Your time spent here and the answers were very much appreciated.
Canada Post has to pay high taxes on their gas, hence higher rates. Unfortunate for us Canadians.
You are past your deadline now, and may be leaving, so I wish you Good Luck to you and your Team in your endeavors.
Extremely happy to hear that you monitor these Boards.
I have to leave, myself, now - so Thank you and Goodbye.
Hoping to see you again for more of these meetings soon.

Author.
Message 50 of 58
latest reply

garybriggs@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi kiwi0010 -

To your question about leaving negative feedback for high shipping costs, my belief is to just be honest in feedback. I know that people are concerned about getting a negative if they leave one but honesty eventually works. That is, other buyers or sellers read the exchange and infer what really happened.

I remember when I got a negative (as a seller) I was so annoyed. I thought it was unfair. The buyer reacted too fast, in my opinion, and didn't try to resolve the issue with me first (ironically, in this case, for accused over-charging for shipping!). I put a reply on the negative that simply said it was a misunderstanding and I would have refunded the $3 if asked. I've never been asked about the negative again.

I know this sounds overly simple but I think it's true: Be honest and understanding in feedback and the system works well.
Message 51 of 58
latest reply

garybriggs@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi sphinx64_com -

Well, thanks for calling me "kind." Nice for a Friday!

Regarding searching for a Store name, you are right. Stores only are searchable (as of now) within a given country. We are working to change/improve that (see post above on a related Stores question).

Regarding Customer Service support (contact for everyone), one of the programs we've launched is "Live Help." Look on the eBay.ca home page and if you have a question you can launch a email discussion (live email chat) with a Customer Care representative. The hours are noon to midnight eastern time (9-9 Pacific) every day (On Tuesday it's 11-11 Eastern).
Message 52 of 58
latest reply

garybriggs@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi able-wizard1957 -

I did like UBC (great campus) but I agree that the auditorium was a bit dark. We're working on getting a better place because we are coming back to BC. I need to see those Mountains!
Message 53 of 58
latest reply

garybriggs@ebay.com
Community Member
Thanks everyone. I'll check back here later today to see if there are any questions unanswered. Happy Weekend everyone!
Message 54 of 58
latest reply

able-wizard1957
Community Member
The tradex facility in Abbotsford is very nice and very open and large. It is also quite central for the the eBayers in the Valley that hate going to the city....such as I, but very easy for the city folks to get to as well....and no I do not work for them.

Great view of Mt. Baker Washington as well.

Bud
Message 55 of 58
latest reply

able-wizard1957
Community Member
Thank you for your time and the answers.

Bud and Stephanie
Message 56 of 58
latest reply

too bad no one mentioned the heavy censorship and the lack of accountability of community managers

I'm a bright Bright and I live to expose fraud and BS! I am not a truther, birther, libertarian.
Little cheaters cause big problems.
Buyer Beware, sellers may bully you here under aliases. Be an honest, skeptical and reasonable buyer.

Message 57 of 58
latest reply

bayvroom
Community Member
You should have been around.
Message 58 of 58
latest reply