Greetings on Canada Day!

8 REPLIES 8

Greetings on Canada Day!

Happy Canada Day! Bright and sunny today in the Vancouver area!

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Greetings on Canada Day!

It's cloudy and a bit blah in central Alberta but it is supposed to clear up later today.

I would rather have it like this though have the temps that Kelowna had this weekend - 39.5C on Sunday.

I can't even imagine that!

Happy Canada Day to all.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Greetings on Canada Day!

Well, thanks to Harper and his gang, my whole family became second class citizens today.

After 63 years in Canada and 57 years as a naturalized citizen.

So I can't work overseas or take an extended trip or return to the old country to nurse my aged aunt, without constantly returning or risk having some bureaucrat end my citizenship.

And this applies to any Canadian, even those born here like my 24 nieces and nephews, who have foreign born grandparents.

The only family members it does not apply to are my own daughter and one grand-nephew, both of whom are adopted but who were not registered with the UK at the time and do not hold dual citizenship.

So Happy Canada Day!

Hope you don't get deported!

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Greetings on Canada Day!

@femmefan1946 wrote:

Well, thanks to Harper and his gang, my whole family became second class citizens today.

After 63 years in Canada and 57 years as a naturalized citizen.

So I can't work overseas or take an extended trip or return to the old country to nurse my aged aunt, without constantly returning or risk having some bureaucrat end my citizenship.

And this applies to any Canadian, even those born here like my 24 nieces and nephews, who have foreign born grandparents.

The only family members it does not apply to are my own daughter and one grand-nephew, both of whom are adopted but who were not registered with the UK at the time and do not hold dual citizenship.

I wonder if Harper and the gang considered that this will probably apply to about 70% of Canadians currently living.  

Heck, my mother's family goes back to the early 1800's in Ontario, but I have one grandparent on my father's side who came from England.  Gee, does one grandparent catch me in the the "restrictions" net?  If so, I'd like to find anybody 50 or older (aside from First Nations people) who doesn't have someone in the family tree who came from elsewhere.  The term police state comes to mind. 

Maybe somebody should do some research on Mr. Harper's lineage. 

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Greetings on Canada Day!

One of my nieces has Indian Status, but even she is vulnerable, because one of her grandparents (my MIL) was a British war bride.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Greetings on Canada Day!

In what regard is the UK any different from the US? Seems to me to be a standard and probably for good reason. Perhaps you know why?

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are."--Unknown
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Greetings on Canada Day!

asiliby_0
Community Member
تحساب الحرية دخلت دارها . والسلطة الشعبية جابوها اصغارها اي ابنائها
ليبي من ليبيا
انقلش شوي شوي
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Greetings on Canada Day!

Liberty held accountable entered the backyard. People's power Jaboha any young sons???
"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are."--Unknown
Message 9 of 9
latest reply