It is now safe to talk to me.....

168157639_3956131997809157_1993783537109859001_n.jpg

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

I'm going with:

lotzofuniquegoodies_0-1618249940049.jpeg

The new normal!!! Forever!!!! Like your CC. Don't leave home without it!!!!

-Lotz

Message 2 of 25
latest reply

Congrats!  Got mine last weekend.

Message 3 of 25
latest reply

Just keep in mind that getting the vaccine doesn't make people less likely to catch covid; it's just that people are less likely to get severely ill if they do catch covid later on, as the immune system should be able to jump on it sooner than later. Physicial distancing, proper hand hyginene, and masking are still super important. 

Now it's a matter of whether we could still get the second dose within 4 months or if there would be further delays... 

Message 4 of 25
latest reply

@zee-chan 

The pharmacy that is close by is currently booked until the end of May (2021). At this time they are NOT doing call ins for cancelled appointments.

-Lotz

Message 5 of 25
latest reply

immune_response_2x.png

Message 6 of 25
latest reply

Got my shot about two hours ago...

Went to the post office at Shoppers Drug Mart this morning....

and the sign at the Pharmacy said they are vaccinating people...

went back at 1:00 PM...     and I got shot....  no problem ... no negative response to the shot.....

No line up... not like downtown location... based on what I saw in the newspaper

All is good... All is OK ..... so far.... so good

Message 7 of 25
latest reply

The Covid Vaccine and MP observation.

1 most want to get as soon as possible....The other most want to wait until the last possible moment to receive.

-Lotz

Sorry twisted sense of thoughts and lack of sleep at work.

Message 8 of 25
latest reply

My favourite mask says "Just too pretty to die." 

I wear it to the comic book store to pick up my monthly Firefly issue.

Message 9 of 25
latest reply

Both my other half and I are chomping at the Bit to get the Vaccine but at this point Very few Pharmacies are offering them here and keep getting messages through booking sites "Unfortunatley no more appointments are available at this time try back in a day or two"

Fustrating to keep hearing on the News they are not getting the response to them they want to have and many times appointments are not filled in many areas

Raising My Hand High "Hello We are Here and Ready to do So" just need to get through to them. We are ready to go in any time of the day and at a moments notice if offered to us

All we can do is keep trying and hope we will get a response soon

weavers

Message 10 of 25
latest reply

In BC each age cohort was told to phone in and after a couple of basic questions (who are you? what is your date of birth? what is your postal code?) we were given an appointment. Time on phone including on hold, eight minutes seven seconds. But the appointment was a week later.

The actual appointment took about half an hour, including a 15 minute wait for fainting or turning purple with little green spots.

Then we went out for bagels.

Our cousin who had her 73rd birthday today, got her jab this morning. Oddly, although she was at a different location, she had the same doctor give the vaccination.

I understand that Ontario friends in their 50s are eligible but the system is very bad in part because the system wants to set an appointment for the second shot before the first is administered, and the software kicks the first one out when the second one is added.  My younger sister (73 ) and her husband (71) had to go from Grimsby to Toronto to get an appointment.

Message 11 of 25
latest reply

Mini Happy Dance

Took about 1 1/2 hours this morning and being timed out once but we have our appts for the shots May 14 within 10 minutes of each other. Each phone sessions to wait is good for 45 minutes then they hang up and you have to try again.  Second one was at the 43 minute mark when I got a agent on the line and was able to book one.

A very pleasant individual she was great to talk to.  Ending our conversation I thanked her and told her had a great sense of relief getting one. She said "I can tell with so many people I have talked  to they are too.  I can hear it in their voice

Course I was partially loaded for bear this morning listening to Doug Ford before I called.  Defending The Call System he basically said Folks this is so simple and easy to do with over 2.8 million people  getting an appointment

Yes it is

But getting through to the site or a actual person to talk to is the problem

weavers

Message 12 of 25
latest reply

Our city has 4 Pharmacies that will be giving shots so far.  One of them said in a interview a few days ago  they have over 5000 people on their waiting list

Message 13 of 25
latest reply

When I booked our appointments both the first and second shot appointments registered without a problem. Our second one is booked for the first week of Sept.  Now we will have to wait and see if it actually happens that way

Message 14 of 25
latest reply

DH and I got our shots March 22nd with a date for the 2nd one on July 12. Sore arms for that day but no problem by next day. Got ours at the local hockey arena, very organized and fast, in and out in a half hour. No problems with doing the online booking either.

Message 15 of 25
latest reply

My wife and I have our appointments scheduled towards the end of April for one of the mRNA shots, we are well under 70 and retired now. Both of our grown daughters were vacinated quite awhile ago, the youngest is an ICU nurse in a covid facility. Management keeps transferring patients out of there to empty the place but new patients quickly fill it up again.

Here in Ontario the response "plan" has changed so very frequently whether it be public health requirements or vacinations, I feel public confusion and apathy are becoming more and more widespread. These last few weeks the volume of Friday cottage traffic out of the GTA coming through through this area has been crazy heavy. Guess if I had an available alternative to being crammed together in the city all weekend I would consider doing the same, people are clearly not following stay at home orders to the same degree as last year.

Message 16 of 25
latest reply

Yup, the online booking worked well, had to be very quick off the mark though, New sites come online, then fill up their schedule very fast!

Message 17 of 25
latest reply

Sounds like their waiting list is about to grow larger. They've now lowered the age limit for the Astra Zeneca down to 40, that's the brand pharmacies are using.
Message 18 of 25
latest reply

Got my 1st dose Pfizer vaccine a few days ago but I didn't get the fancy sticker 😐

Went to the immunization center, the receptionist commented that I look very young. I handed him my clinically extremely vulnerable letter and said "yeah I've got the half-dead letter." He was stunned by my horrible joke... hopefully I didn't traumatize the guy and ruined his day 😆

My other 40+ years old friends said they were able to make same day appointment at local pharmacy for the AZ vaccine. 

Message 19 of 25
latest reply

@zee-chan wrote:

Got my 1st dose Pfizer vaccine a few days ago but I didn't get the fancy sticker 😐

Went to the immunization center, the receptionist commented that I look very young. I handed him my clinically extremely vulnerable letter and said "yeah I've got the half-dead letter." He was stunned by my horrible joke... hopefully I didn't traumatize the guy and ruined his day 😆

My other 40+ years old friends said they were able to make same day appointment at local pharmacy for the AZ vaccine. 

It's interesting & scary at the same time how much of all of this varies from province to province. Even city to city. Will we need a passport to leave town and will I need a cell phone to do so? That could be next!!

-Lotz

Message 20 of 25
latest reply