It is now safe to talk to me.....

168157639_3956131997809157_1993783537109859001_n.jpg

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: The Fancy Sticker (The Power Of Having Something Like That) 

Years ago during Sars I believe I was not eligible at first to get the shot. Was going to take a few months.  I was teaching then and went into a School to teach Grade 2 for a few weeks. During this time they allowed the kids to get the shots and included the staff members  We got them before classes started.

I received a Fancy and Colorful Sticker saying I had received the shot.  If I had gotten it anywhere else probably would not have worn it but the Kids who were getting the shot were scared. So I greeted them at the door to the classroom with the sticker front and centre  on my shirt.

When the kids came in  many were Bug Eyed seeing it.   When we got settled in we had a discussion about getting the shot how some people were scared etc.  Many Told me I was Brave and some asked if I Cried. *chuckle

When they went to get it some were more relaxed after the discussion about it but some were stilll scared but went ahead knowing if the Teacher had done it they could too. Each of them got a sticker and that was the "Hit of The Day"

After we took some time off from lessons (about a 1/2 hr) to play games  to celebrate  getting it and for Being Brave. Most could not wait to get home and tell their family members about the shot and the games they played.  What started off as a very stressful day for some turned into a good experience and many wore that Sticker for Days afterwards 

weavers

Message 21 of 25
latest reply

Does this mean you gave the jab your "Stamp of Approval?" 🙂

Message 22 of 25
latest reply

My wife used to say that to me...

All of them.

Message 23 of 25
latest reply

That's a relief... next time go easy on the onions.

Message 24 of 25
latest reply

As of yesterday  we became eligible to get our second shot. A few weeks ago the Province opened up in our age range for those who received the first one May 9 or before. Fustrating  We received ours May 14 so had to wait

Fully expected a long telephone wait for a booking since this is now open for all folk 18 years and above. Heck listening to the prerecorded messages on the phone  took longer than getting the appointment.   Had to listen to about 6 or 7 minutes of these before being connected to a agent.  Once those were finished got a agent right away and 5 minutes later was booked 

Had heard in our area many appointments  were being booked and one was expected to go anywhere from 1 to 2 hours away to get one. Not a problem only change was we are going to the Hospital  instead of the Vaccination Site they have here to get it

weavers

Message 25 of 25
latest reply