Windmills

On the first 10 days of this month Ontario almost paid as much to not produce wind generated electricity than it’s market paid for all power generated in Ontario.

Under the Feed In Tariff contracts signed Ontario was supposed to pay above market prices ONLY for wind energy that was produced.
Than the rules changed last fall and now wind developers are being paid to NOT produce energy in times of surplus energy.
In the first 10 days of October, Ontario received $8.2 million in revenue for electricity used by Ontario consumers and exports to neighbouring jurisdictions.
Meanwhile in the same 10 days Ontario paid $7.5 million to wind developers to NOT produce energy.
A great 10 days for the wind industry but their profits must be paid on the backs of Ontario families.

In addition a 600 ton crane fell over near Kincardine, Ont  when they tried to move it from on tower to the next over a wet field.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Windmills

Ok so let us switch back to coal then since that is such a perfect source of energy.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Windmills

Why would anyone switch to coal when there are two gas power plants being relocated by the scandalous Liberals at a cost of 950 million. Or fire up a shut down Bruce nuclear power unit which produce the cleanest and cheapest energy of all.  

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are."--Unknown
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Windmills

Oh ok, the conservatives are capable of actually getting rid of windmills without switching back to coal. Their history certainly proves that they are for clean energy. Smiley Very Happy

We have windmills now. The deal is done.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply