sellers/buyer's let's talk

Hi, I'm a new buyer. I'd like to meet new sellers, my goal is to build a small community of legit buyers and sellers on Ebay within canada and beyond, No specification on what you're selling or what your looking to buy. 

CS
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

The Canada Boards are small enough that we are a community.

If you have a problem or just want to rant (or share pictures of you grand-dog) you are welcome to do so.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Nah really.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Okay.  Do you sell anything

CS
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Thank you. I heard a lot of bad about Ebay. Fake sellers and what not, do you have advise to avoid being ripped off

CS
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

:$
CS
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Well there are over 25million sellers on eBay. Some are not going to be good at it.

And there are 140million buyers. Some are going to be hard of thinking too.

But most people are honest and most problems are misunderstandings or differences of opinion.

The Buyer Board hosts buyers (well,duh) who have problems. You will see advice from both buyers and sellers there.

The Sellers Board hosts sellers who have problems and those who just want to grouse.  Again both buyers and sellers will chip in.

The first answer for Buyers (after we pry some basic information out of the OP like when did you buy, when did you pay, did the seller give you a tracking number, and when does eBay say it should arrive?)  is to contact the seller and explain the problem politely.

That actually solves most of the problems. Sellers don't want unhappy customers.

The second advice is to use the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page.

With sellers  questions can be more complicated, because they may involve postal systems, business costs, taxes, feedback, Violations, slow payments, fees, more fees, the belief that free listings means no fees ever at all, the Tao of Free Shipping and Gospel of Cookie Jar Insurance.

Remember that happy people don't ask for advice.

And bring a shaker of salt  -- if only for Marguerita Mondays.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I heard a lot of bad about Ebay. Fake sellers and what not, do you have advise to avoid being ripped off

eBay is not bad and eBay does not sell anything - it is a platform where sellers sell their items and some sellers are better than others.

If you are looking for advice:

As a seller - Sell what you know - know what you sell.  Go to the "help & Contact" at the top of any page, click on Selling, read all the guidelines.  Go to the Canada Post  website to get info on shipping.  buy lots of inexpensive items in the hope of increasing your feedback.

As a buyer - Go to the "Help & Contact at the top of the page, click on Buying - read all the guidelines.  Before bidding on an auction or purchasing a buy-it-now item check the sellers feedback received and given.

If you want to see what another member is selling - click on the member's name and then click on listings.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

"I heard a lot of bad about Ebay. Fake sellers and what not, do you have advise to avoid being ripped off".

Avoid buying from China. Your new to eBay and the easiest way to burn out as a buyer is buying from sellers in China. It's only going to lead to endless shipping delays (items not arriving or not as described) and frustration. 

To insure a more positive buying experience focus on sellers in Canada, United States, UK, Europe and Australia.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply