Malware pop-ups

synv
Community Member

I keep getting malware-y pop-ups when I click on in-site navigation links, such as narrowing search results by category. It's too late to call customer service now and I can't find a form to report the issue, but this is happening *only* on eBay, and it recurs after I clean my cookies on mobile. The pop-ups redirect to "VIP Lucky Gifts Center". If any website admins are reading, please clean up this malicious code from the site.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Malware pop-ups

try using an ad blocker..

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

I’m not seeing that.  You should try running Malwarebytes or a similar program to get rid of any malware on your computer.  

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

sounds like a computer specific issue, not a site issue.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

No, it's only on eBay.
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Perhaps something has been "cached" and that's what keeps showing up.

I have Malware protection on my computer, so I never see or experience any of this kind of thing with my computer.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

synv
Community Member
Any suggestions on how to contact eBay about this? It doesn't match any of their customer support categories,
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

synv
Community Member
FWIW, this is happening on other devices too, so it's NOT a user-side problem.
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Get Brave Broweser. It has a built in ad block and I've had no issued on eBay with it yet.

The cause of the popup is from eBay, it's code they have buried in somewhere where it pops up a ad randomly, lots of websites use that type of advert. I'm just amazed eBay hasn't removed it yet, it looks really bad when your advertising viruses to potential customers.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

The issue is some bad actor has purchased as space and it happens to be on the network eBay uses.

Of course, they always say to report it but for the average joe, that's easier said than done. An ad blocking browser as mentioned is best.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply