No Refund for lost item

I am in total shock I am writing this. I have been a collector on eBay for 15 years if there was an issue I was always looked after. Lately though it’s been harder and harder to resolve things and now they have refused to refund me for an item I never received. I’ve spoke with other Canadian collectors and they have said never again only deal in Canada with sellers you know. So here’s your warning the 100 guarantee is none sense I’ve been shafted they don’t care they don’t help locate items and they don’t refund. eBay has lost its charm and accountability I’m done with it
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

No Refund for lost item

Lacking infos here. Was it untracked, tracked? Tracked and updated as delivered? Did you open a item not received case? Was it open whitin money back guarantee time policy? Over $750 item requiring signature? Hard to help without giving any info. 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

No Refund for lost item

marnotom!
Community Member

eBay isn't in the habit of withholding refunds as a punitive measure against a buyer.  There must have been something about the nature of this sale or the refund request that made your request not conform to the conditions of the Money Back Guarantee.  There are many reasons why this could have happened, but as @rocketscollectibles suggests, without any sort of information on your specific purchase or case, we can't offer any guidance.  It may not be "game over" yet if you're willing to share the details with us.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

No Refund for lost item

Years ago when I started my business this used to happen all the time. I then tried Shippingchimp. The shipping costs are low and they dont lose parcels.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

No Refund for lost item

sorry but in order to shed any light on any possibilities and/or our thoughts & opinions,etc. we need " the rest of the story"...

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

No Refund for lost item

marnotom!
Community Member

@mrdutch1001, this thread dates almost two full months and the OP still seems to be making purchases on eBay, so I'd hope this means that things have worked out for them.  They don't seem "done with" the site, at any rate.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

No Refund for lost item

You beat me to it, they seem far from done on eBay 😉

It was just one of those 

moments, and evidently, they are far from done with it, whatever the "it" was in the first place...

It must have been resolved.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply