blocking buyers

Someone explain to why EBAY is ONLY SOCIAL MEDIA SITE that when you block a buyer or a seller THEY CAN STILL MESSAGE YOU - the purpose of BLOCKING is to end all communication and not be harrassed or let someone see your items. BLOCKING MEANS BLOCKING totally accept to ebay who promotes discrimination, harrassment arguing - reason WE BLOCK SOMEONE is because we chose to to communicate or we dont want to fight or argue BUT EBAY POLICY and STANDARDS doesnt BLOCK THE OTHER PERSON from continuing to communicate with you WHY WHY - EBAY is AWAREOF THE ISSUE - EBAY DOES NOTHING TO CORRECT THE ISSUE - EBAY MANAGEMENT WILL NOT CALL BACK ON THIS ISSUE - what does BLOCKING MEAN on ebay - not much the person can still message you - FACEBOOK, TIK TOK , SNAP CHAT , MESSENGER, INSTRAGRAM- ALL SOCIALMEDIA SITES when you BLOCK you can not message or see or contact person who BLOCKED you. 

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: blocking buyers

thank you - they can see your items which is fine they can not bid on them when you block but they can still message you if they had previously messaged you about an item.  Have agreat day

Message 21 of 26
latest reply

yeah poor grammar caps ect ect l was upset sorry - cant understand which when you block a person they can still message you - l am aware of ebay policies - people get insultive when they dont get what they want and unfortunately there are those who troll and stir up trouble- just retired trying to make a bit extra on the side 

Have a great day

Message 22 of 26
latest reply

I am aware of settings and policies - when SOME ebayers dont like response they become insultive , unfortunately we live in a world where some troll and look for trouble online doesnt happen often  - l am just a retiree looking to make a few extra dollars - l just dont understand why ebay allows blocked ebayers to contact you - they cant bid on your items but they can still message you -  thank you for your input have a good evening 

Message 23 of 26
latest reply

I apoligize - this has been very frustrating - l am aware of policies and how ebay works - you questioned my knowledge- if you block some and havent messaged than they cant message you - if they have messaged you and than you block them they can message you for up to 30 days- this is my issue - i agree if some purchased an item than messaging should be allowed and there are ways to settle all dispuits - my feedback shows l am proud and caring ebayer - l look after my customers 100% and will resolve to their satisfaction. Unfortunately not all people online are good, some troll and look for trouble - these are ones l am talking about. I am sorry about the LOL and feedback,  l took exception to this You are very highly very highly overreacting. 

Thnak you have a good evening

If your blocking someone not to be able to purchase your item, why would you want to communicate with them

Thank you for 

Message 24 of 26
latest reply

Thank you  l am aware of the policies - am retired selling make a few extra dollars - people question and some look for trouble - so l block them - unfortunately if you block them after a message they can continue to message you even though no purchase took place - if you block and no messages than they can not message. When you block someone they can see your items they just cant bid on them. Am sorry been frustrating- thank you for your time - trying to delete this thread - no way to delete this 

Have a great evening 

My intentions were good 

Message 25 of 26
latest reply

Hi everyone,

This thread has been closed at the request of the OP.

Thank you for understanding.

-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 26 of 26
latest reply