blocking buyers

Someone explain to why EBAY is ONLY SOCIAL MEDIA SITE that when you block a buyer or a seller THEY CAN STILL MESSAGE YOU - the purpose of BLOCKING is to end all communication and not be harrassed or let someone see your items. BLOCKING MEANS BLOCKING totally accept to ebay who promotes discrimination, harrassment arguing - reason WE BLOCK SOMEONE is because we chose to to communicate or we dont want to fight or argue BUT EBAY POLICY and STANDARDS doesnt BLOCK THE OTHER PERSON from continuing to communicate with you WHY WHY - EBAY is AWAREOF THE ISSUE - EBAY DOES NOTHING TO CORRECT THE ISSUE - EBAY MANAGEMENT WILL NOT CALL BACK ON THIS ISSUE - what does BLOCKING MEAN on ebay - not much the person can still message you - FACEBOOK, TIK TOK , SNAP CHAT , MESSENGER, INSTRAGRAM- ALL SOCIALMEDIA SITES when you BLOCK you can not message or see or contact person who BLOCKED you. 

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

blocking buyers

There is a place under "Selling Preferences" and "Buyer Management" (where Blocked Buyer info is also) and at the bottom where there is "Buyer Requirments" there is a button that says "Don't allow blocked buyers to contact me". Make sure you have that turned on (slid over). This way they can't contact you UNLESS you have already been messaging back and forth with them, if that's the case unfortunately they can still message you from the last message you sent to them. They can't bid or contact you any other way than through your last message. If you haven't talked to them the "Don't allow blocked buyers to contact me" will keep them away. Once you've changed it, you'll be safe from future harrassing people as long as you don't message them back...just go straight to the block. (Resist the urge to say something back!) I've had my share of weirdos through the years so mine has been in place for a while!

Message 2 of 26
latest reply

blocking buyers

If there has been messaging, Blocking the other party doesn't kick in for 30 days, from the last message you left.

The idea is that members may have more to discuss after a transaction, or even a dispute that needs sorting.

Now what you can do is: Stop.

You know the ID.

You know it will be annoying.

Delete it without reading or even opening.

Delete

Delete

Delete

Same with emails to your attached eBay email.  Delete them.

And never be afraid to Block.

Message 3 of 26
latest reply

blocking buyers

I know how it works - IDEA of blocking is because you dont want to communicate otherwise why block ??????? Makes no sense - every other SOCIAL MEDIA SITE blocks all communication instantly when you block another person, what logic is it to allow ebayers to communicate that block each other - no logic - why sat stop thats what blocking suppose to do- why ebay slowly going down - sales stock price is way down, they dont listen, l sell 25 times on facebook marketplace, ebay policies are terrible and they dont listen. Why do l need to be harrassed after l block some or called a stupid F ing Canadian and ebay DOES NOTHING because someone offers you $10 when your selling for $100, there are people just looking for trouble and ebay doesnt respect what BLOCKING MEANS

Message 4 of 26
latest reply

blocking buyers

You can set parameters on your Offers to automatically refuse those that are too low and automatically accept those that are reasonable. No communication needed. The two amounts can be a penny apart.

EBay does not play the stock market. It is a dividend stock and has been paying out profits to the stockholders for a couple of years now. Meanwhile AZ is losing money again, FB pays 52c annually and eBay pays 88c annually,

Message 5 of 26
latest reply

blocking buyers

thats the issue - you usually block someone who has been communicating with you - BLOCK means BLOCK like everyother social media site - with them its instant - ebay allows harassment and discrimintaion with there dinosaur policies - l have been called a stupid canadian and ebay allows this.  Ebay doesnt care but their sales and stock price shows this - facebook marketplace amazon destroys ebay, l only use it because 200 free listing - l hope they run there course because they dont listen or ever get back to you - they are like goverment now collecting taxes lol - global shipping program is expensive - shipping in Canada is terrible - l use Paypal shipping 1/2 the price - worse decision ebay made- sadly ebay doesnt give you choice - their way or your done - you have no option how you get paid or where your money goes- they are losing customers and market share monthly 

Message 6 of 26
latest reply

blocking buyers

l am well aware how ebay works - blocking means you dont want to communicate and ebay should respect that- all other social media sites get it LOL 

steady deline 

eBay Inc. said its gross merchandise volume, which is the value of all goods sold on the site, fell 18% to $18.55 billion in the second quarter of 2022. The online marketplace said it ended Q2 with 138 million active buyers, a 12% decline from a year earlier.

Ebay needs to listen and respect its sellers - facts speak for themselves 

I sell on ebay but never buy- always AMAZON - superior service 

Thanks for your input 

Bottom line is when you block someone ebay should act responsibility and block all communication like all other socially concsience websites

Have a great weekend

Message 7 of 26
latest reply

blocking buyers

ebay is NOT a social media site. 

-!-

Message 8 of 26
latest reply

blocking buyers

We do have the option in our settings to block or not the communication from blocked buyers

Turn on the setting if it's what you like. Some sellers prefer to keep communication available

You are very highly very highly overreacting

Message 9 of 26
latest reply

blocking buyers

This
Message 10 of 26
latest reply

blocking buyers

BTW, eBay is NOT a social media site; it is a selling flatform and therefore is not obliged to set up similar/same policies as do social media sites...

"or let someone see your items."

You can block members under the conditions already mentioned in this thread, but I do not believe there is any way to block anyone from seeing your items..

Message 11 of 26
latest reply

blocking buyers

actually ebay is part of social media as its connected  to social media platforms 

the whole point is when you block someone the idea and purpose is end all communication - sorry you can see that and only comment you can come up with is ebay is not a social media 

Message 12 of 26
latest reply

blocking buyers

maybe you need to learn how ebay works LOL - i am glad to see with your 124 feedbacks you have all the answers - actually when some one contacts you about an item and gets abusive or insulting or swears and you block them - they are not blocked from messaging you.  We are talking about sellers who wish to communicate we are talking about blocking someone - EBAY DOESNT NOT block them from continuing to message you or insulting you - facebook, instragram, snap chat, tik tok block you instantly and if people said the stuff they say here  on ebay there accounts would be suspended on most other sites.  So someone offers you $1 when your asking $100 than calls you a stupid canadian /american- l block them but they keep insulting because l cant stop them because ebayallows it  but l am over reacting. Once someone messages you and you respond - even if you block them they can communicate and harass you for up to 30 days. Thank you for advice 

Message 13 of 26
latest reply

blocking buyers

marnotom!
Community Member
I don’t know about anyone else, but I’m suddenly wishing these discussion boards had a “mute” function.
Message 14 of 26
latest reply

blocking buyers

Sentences, Paragraphs, and grammar are your friends...

A / eBay is not a Social Media Site.

B/ You agreed to A-L-L eBays Terms and Conditions when you signed on board, including how the block list works...

C/ You did read the terms and conditions, right?!

Message 15 of 26
latest reply

blocking buyers

I am with you.  When you use all caps, poor spelling, poor grammer and poor understanding of eBay policies, you may unfortunately be at risk of being called names! 

Message 16 of 26
latest reply

blocking buyers

Message 17 of 26
latest reply

blocking buyers

@galinamarin "So someone offers you $1 when your asking $100 than calls you a stupid canadian /american"

Evidently, you didn't read the section about setting up your "Best Offers" and the automatic settings...

If you add Best Offer, without those automatic acceptance/refusals, you will see every offer and can negotiate from there, including making counter-offers.

Your lack of due diligence in setting up your own listings falls on you, not your lowball shopper.

With 1923 Feedback you should already know this stuff?!

Message 18 of 26
latest reply

blocking buyers

the whole point is when you block someone the idea and purpose is end all communication

The whole point of blocking someone is to block to purchase, not communication. As others keep saying this is not a social media. This is a selling platform. Blocking communication is an option, but sellers are still supposed to keep to provide communication about purchases at buyers needs. If someone doing abuse in those cases you can report and ignore

But the way you answer and need to have your posts moderated i don't know but i feel like the insults and harrassement are maybe not one sided by your buyer

Pointing out and laugh at my feedback score... The way you communicate i would be shy to have 15 years experience 

Message 19 of 26
latest reply

blocking buyers

ebay has a obligation to prevent harassment insults on its site so when you block someone that should end all communication with the person you block, they cant bid on your items but they can still message you - makes no sense, so when some one calls you a stupid American and you block them - they can still message you - ebay is connected to many social media sites- point is simple why wouldnt ebay block all forms of communication when some blocks aanother -what am l missing here LOL - no wonder they are losing market shares and users- ebay rather you fight than block all communication - Amazon blocks you 

Message 20 of 26
latest reply