report to complain about the ebay.ca service centre

sammu_ca
Community Member

I have purchased a ROBOTIC RBT1000 full body Massager/Neck/Shoulder/Back/Waist Massage FreeDelivery #161604812400
Sent Date: 01-Mar-15 16:05:03 EST.

Now I made a mistake to purchase the above item and wanted to cancel that order.

I called ebay.ca at 01-Mar 12:21. I tried to cancel the order using the ebay site for cancellation few times but it did not generate any cancellation number and frozen.

I called the ebay cancellation phone number 866-278-1053. To get through that number, it was not pleasant experience, First, Jenny ansewred and asked me to find if the listing has 'cancel the order' option, my ebay account does not have it, that Jenny told me she could not handle the cancelling order, she transfered the call to other, no answer for 20 mins. it took for 47 mins. Second, 2nd call @13:20, Lika answered, no help holding for someone's help for another 30 mins. Third, 3rd call @14:19, Joane answered, same holding 30 mins. Fourth, 4th call @15:05, Anne answered no help holding for 30 mins. Fifth, 5th call @15:30, John answered, to get through it took 25 mins, he said you will have to contact the seller. It is absolutely ridiculous to take 3 and half hours to get that answer "Contact the seller" !!!!  It was the first time in this kind of unpleasant experience in my life, I am an old man. Norton security software co. has the service centre in Philipines, but they are far better helping customer problems !!

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

report to complain about the ebay.ca service centre

You don't need people you need robots.

Seriously.

You have about an hour to cancel a mistaken purchase, and it is done by clicking a button. Phoning means you missed the deadline.

You now have two options, but they start the same.

Contact the seller. There is a Contact Seller link on the listing.

Politely explain why you want to end the transaction and ask for a Mutual Cancellation.

IF the seller decides to grant the request, agree immediately when you get the email and leave positive feedback. Something like. "Thank you for all your help" because sellers don't want to make it obvious that they will cancel transactions. Some would take advantage.

Or the seller may decide to open an Unpaid Item Dispute. She can do this between 48 and 96 hours after your purchase, depending on her location.

With a UID, if you do not pay, you get a Strike on your buying record which will make it more difficult for you to bid in future. You will not be able to leave any feedback.

Any time you have a problem with a transaction, your first action should always be to Contact the Seller. Always.  She has more options than an underpaid clerk in a call centre in Utah.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply