April 11th 2023 Monthly Chat

Hello everyone! Opening up the chat and we'll begin working on answers between now and tomorrow afternoon. Some answers may require me reaching out to the right team for a response so some answers may be delayed!

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

What is the status and/or is there any progress regarding the problem with purchasing Canada Post shipping labels through eBay? This problem has been ongoing for the past 3-4 days and as of this morning still not resolved.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

@mrdutch1001 wrote:

What is the status and/or is there any progress regarding the problem with purchasing Canada Post shipping labels through eBay? This problem has been ongoing for the past 3-4 days and as of this morning still not resolved.

Hi @mrdutch1001! I have reached out to our Shipping team about this earlier today and once I hear back with updates I will be sure to share them.  

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Hello Devon,

Would it be possible to open this discussion 1 day earlier. Give time for questions to accumulate. Then leave open briefly (after your responses) so anyone posting can follow up if there are additional related unanswered concerns. There seems to be no way for sellers to respond directly to you like we had access to in the past.

Are there any plans to make Seller promoted fees as part of total FVFs vs  separate charges? Those fees could easily pulled from FVF's. It still happens where they are being pulled from the sellers bank vs pending/released funds. Alternatively, when fees are pulled from a sellers bank account, shouldn't there be an email advising the seller? We get an email for payouts.

As a side, could Promoted Fees(with variations) be a separate option from the All Types drop down. Could those options include a total at the bottom?

With the old invoice version we used to receive we could see a total for FVF credits for the month. Is this now hidden somewhere? Anytime there are savings it is nice when a seller can see visually. Clicking on the current credits tab has never displayed anything related from my testing.

Lastly and most important, when there are known eBay site issues can the eBay status pages (ca/com) be updated in a timely manner?  Example, recent CP labels issue. This issue was updated multiple times with CP & Shippo in real time. Within eBay there was zippo noted. Extremely annoying when these problems happen on a weekend.

Thanks!!!

-Lotzofuniquegoodies

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

Hello Devon,

Would it be possible to open this discussion 1 day earlier. Give time for questions to accumulate. Then leave open briefly (after your responses) so anyone posting can follow up if there are additional related unanswered concerns. There seems to be no way for sellers to respond directly to you like we had access to in the past.

Are there any plans to make Seller promoted fees as part of total FVFs vs  separate charges? Those fees could easily pulled from FVF's. It still happens where they are being pulled from the sellers bank vs pending/released funds. Alternatively, when fees are pulled from a sellers bank account, shouldn't there be an email advising the seller? We get an email for payouts.

As a side, could Promoted Fees(with variations) be a separate option from the All Types drop down. Could those options include a total at the bottom?

With the old invoice version we used to receive we could see a total for FVF credits for the month. Is this now hidden somewhere? Anytime there are savings it is nice when a seller can see visually. Clicking on the current credits tab has never displayed anything related from my testing.

Lastly and most important, when there are known eBay site issues can the eBay status pages (ca/com) be updated in a timely manner?  Example, recent CP labels issue. This issue was updated multiple times with CP & Shippo in real time. Within eBay there was zippo noted. Extremely annoying when these problems happen on a weekend.

Thanks!!!

-Lotzofuniquegoodies

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies! As far as the monthly chat, I have no problem having the chat open earlier but usually we like to close the chat out after about a day so I can take this back and discuss if it makes sense to leave it open longer for follow ups.

For promoted fees being apart of FVF fees, I can have this shared with the correct team and see if they have any updates they would want to provide on this. I am not aware if there are any plans but this is good insight I can share with them.

I can have this shared as well and if there are changes to this I will let you know.

With site issues we understand the importance and urgency to have them fixed in a timely manner. Our tech teams as well as community try our best to share the most accurate and up to date information on site issues. I know at times it can be longer than what members would like when it comes to us sharing reports that we are working on fixes and providing public alert numbers but we are working to make this process more efficient.  

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Hi Devon,

My question is about shipping to Germany. Since the packaging rules excluded most of us I have lost sales with Germany being on my "Do Not Ship To" list. 

I feel it's safe to say many Canadian sellers feel large differences of the  advantages the USA sellers receive.

On today's eBay For Business podcast Griff and Brian discussed changes to selling to Germany using eBay International Shipping which, to my knowledge,  is not available in Canada. In a nutshell eBay USA is opening up all of the countries implementing packaging registration requirements including Germany to USA eBay sellers. 

Is eBay Canada also doing this for Canadians? 

Thank you. Here is a partial segment from todays broadcast for everyone. This quote is verbatim from the show's transcript and contains typos.  If the transcript wording is confusing please refer to today's actual podcast for clarification. 

ITWM

On Shipping To Germany
eBay For Business podcast #237 April 11, 2023:

Brian: ..."if you are not a business seller, which means you have not identified on eBay as a business seller, you don't have to worry if you are a business seller and you have provided for your business id, your social security number, which most sellers do, you don't have to worry only if you are a seller. You're self-identified as a business seller on eBay and you provided an employee identification number. Now you'd have to worry if you're shipping internationally on your own.

Griff: However, all of that is preempted if you ship your parcels through eBay, international shipping. Think about it, why this is the case. eBay has negotiated with the German government as the shipper of record because when you ship through eBay International Shipping, the item goes to a hub. Right now there's a single hub in Illinois. There'll be a second one opening up soon and once it's at the hub and accepted, eBay becomes the shipper of record. Not you as a seller. eBay and eBay already has that all taken care of with the German government. They've registered, they do it. You as a seller do not have to worry about Germany ever again. And as you'll hear next week, Chad will back me up on this cuz I've already recorded that interview. But what he also says is that, and I suspected this and I've made mention of it, is that other governments are gonna start following the German.

Brian: I know France already had stuff in the works.

Griff: And the UK is thinking about it. You'll never, as a US seller, you'll never have to worry about any of these. If you ship through eBay, international shipping, end of story, Farm Gurl Scavenger, you don't have to worry. And if you don't believe us, there's nothing more I can tell you."

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

A couple of times this month I have had money taken from my bank account because there was not enough in my MP account to cover the charge.

That's not my problem.

But the email telling me about these did not specify the reasons for the charges. It would be helpful and save me (and other sellers) a lot of time and angst if the reasons were noted in the emails.

I agree that PL fees would be more transparent if they were taken at the time of invoicing.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

@intimewithmusic 

How does the CERN agreement affect German sales that does not affect other EU sales? 

Most of what the guys were discussing is irrelevant to Canadian sellers, since we don't have the use of the eIS program, unless we are using a forwarder like chitchat.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

On desktop, on the order details page for an item, leaving feedback or other actions causes a banner to appear showing success (or presumably failure if it ever happened). This banner disappears after a few seconds. This is very annoying, because if it happens while using the drop down box to perform other actions (like marking the item as shipped or adding a tracking number) it causes the item you're about to click to no longer be where you're clicking. Please consider keeping the banner in place rather than having it disappear. Maybe just change the colour and message after a few seconds.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

@mrdutch1001 wrote:

Hi @mrdutch1001! I got word late yesterday that sellers should now be able to buy and print Canada Post labels without issue.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

A couple of times this month I have had money taken from my bank account because there was not enough in my MP account to cover the charge.

That's not my problem.

But the email telling me about these did not specify the reasons for the charges. It would be helpful and save me (and other sellers) a lot of time and angst if the reasons were noted in the emails.

I agree that PL fees would be more transparent if they were taken at the time of invoicing.

Hi @reallynicestamps! Thank you for sharing this feedback. I can have this sent over to the correct team and let them know about the emails not giving enough specific information when it comes to certain charges.  

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

@flipistics wrote:

On desktop, on the order details page for an item, leaving feedback or other actions causes a banner to appear showing success (or presumably failure if it ever happened). This banner disappears after a few seconds. This is very annoying, because if it happens while using the drop down box to perform other actions (like marking the item as shipped or adding a tracking number) it causes the item you're about to click to no longer be where you're clicking. Please consider keeping the banner in place rather than having it disappear. Maybe just change the colour and message after a few seconds.

Hi @flipistics! Thank you for sharing this insight. I know that our Feedback team is looking to making updates and this is something I can have shared with them. If they are needing anything more information or examples I will be sure to reach back out.  

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Thanks for joining the chat- it's closed but will return next month!

I will continue to work on getting responses to any questions that may not have been answered during the chat. I will be sure to tag the member to assure they are notified of a response! 

Message 13 of 13
latest reply