April 7 2021 Weekly Session

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi everyone - 

Opening the chat up for your questions. I'll begin working on answers for you tomorrow (Wednesday) afternoon. 

See you then!

Tyler

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Can we get an update on the shipping supply coupons that are not working for anyone? Multiple threads on it. 

Message 2 of 26
latest reply

Hi Tyler,

I'm having a problem with printing off my items sold. It was working fine until last Thursday/Friday when eBay did an update.

Please check completed item # 262861623205 (as an example). You will have to be in my account.

If you look at the listing you will see 5 options:

1. Print another label

2. Contact Buyer 

3. View order details

4. Relist

5. View purchased item.

Click on "View purchased item". It will bring you to a printable page. At the top of the printable page you will see:

1. Listing summary

2. Seller's description

3. Listing images.

When you uncheck those boxes,  the areas should disappear so I can print just the item title, sale date, price and image.  When I uncheck them now, those sections are not disappearing so I have to print off the entire ad (listing summary, seller's decription, listing images). Of coarse I can just print the first page by editing my printing mode but it still includes the item specifics.

I have phoned eBay customer service but so far the problen still exists. Can you get this looked at? Thanks.

Message 3 of 26
latest reply

It is working now.

Message 4 of 26
latest reply

Hello Tyler,

Wondering if you know why this could be happening. I had a US buyer try to make a purchase last Friday. They wanted to pay with an MC which I accept. They were unable to complete payment. They've had no issue in the past using their Mastercard. MC and eBay were unable to help them in any way. When they attempted to cancel they were told it was too late???? which is a new one on me. Had to cancel at my end and they accepted. I relisted and they repurchased with same results. If anyone else has run across this, please let me know.

Part 2.

Item was promoted with a low rate when the listing sold the promotion fees were charged to Payouts immediately even without the buyer paying. This is NOT how it worked the first month enrolled in MP.  As per everything detailed in MP, Upgrade listing charges/accessory fees are supposed to be charged to the Monthly invoice. So all in one place for simplicity. When the charge first  displayed it was 1 amount. When it was credited it was a lesser amount. (Only pennies but it's the principle here.) Are there charges(fees) for cancelled orders with MP?

From eBay Help:

If you use supplemental services, such as buying and printing shipping labels on eBay, or if you participate in any of our advertising programs, additional terms may apply and you'll pay any costs or fees associated with those services. Details of the costs or fees will be on your monthly invoice - opens in new window or tab and we'll charge the payment method you've set up on your seller account

The amount we charge for Store subscribers depends on the following:

The item price

The format and category you choose for your listing

Any optional listing upgrades you add Your Store subscription package

Your seller conduct and performance

Thanks,

-Lotz

Message 5 of 26
latest reply

I did my managed payment registration last week, And ebay sent me a confirmation, that said i would get a 2 week notice prior to activation, yesterday on thew 5th, they sent me a message saying i would go live between april 12-16.. That is not a 2 week notice.. I would appreciate the 2 week notice that i was given..

Message 6 of 26
latest reply

eBay CANNOT be trusted in ANYTHING they say or do...

when eBay cannot offer adequate information to its sellers on the MP system BEFORE sellers register/ sign up...that in itself is cause for distrust.

I will not register for MP anytime during 2021,  if ever...

MP is a totally screwed up system that is being forced on sellers without providing sellers with as much info as possible so that sellers know exactly what they are faced with BEFORE they enter this payment system, as there is no turning back once registered/signed up and right now especially for Canadian sellers, there are just way too many issues & problems....

Message 7 of 26
latest reply

ontlady
Community Member
Nice. Perhaps you can give me a clear answer on my question to customer service earlier. Just sold an item under .COM for $89.99 USD and was charged EBay fees of $14.73 USD. That’s over 16% not 12.35%. The man who took my call said I have to pay VAT for selling at .com. I know I have to pay Hst on EBay fees not VAT for selling to US buyers. Can you clarify how fees are calculated? Thanks!
Message 8 of 26
latest reply

If selling to a USA state for which eBay is req'd to collect & submit that state's sales tax, eBay charges the item's category fee rate on that sales tax= fees to the seller for a sales tax the buyer pays & for which the seller never sees but the seller is being charged the fee on it.

Message 9 of 26
latest reply

There appears to be some concern* about Managed Payments charging 12.35% on Canadian sales taxes.

There are similar concerns on dot COM about the US "internet sales taxes".

Under MP, what is the charge on Canadian sales taxes charged by sellers who are collecting those taxes? These would be larger sellers, who have B&M businesses for the most part, even if they have only a small presence on eBay.

What is the MP fee on US internet sales taxes collected by eBay using Canadian MP accounts? This affects all Canadian sellers who ship to the USA.

It is my understanding that eBay charges 10% on the selling price, 10% on the shipping charge, and PP did charge 30c+ 2.5% on the total transaction including internet sales taxes.

Has this changed? Is PP now charging ~12.5% on sales taxes?

Is MP charging ~12.5% on US sales taxes charged through Canadian sellers.

*Read- screaming, wailing, and gnashing of teeth.

Message 10 of 26
latest reply

It is my understanding that sellers in MP, have fees that are directly tied to the category in which they sell. If the category of a seller's item has a FVF of 12.5%, any internet sales tax charged to USA buyers of those states for which eBay is req'd to collect & submit that state's sales tax, there is a fee charged to the seller= the seller is charged fees on that sales tax that are at that same 12.5% rate. Different categories have different FVF rates, but any USA internet sales tax charged to the buyer has a related fee paid by the seller & that fee is at same rate as the category FVF. ( Using the 12.5%category FVF rate, that 12.5% is  charged on whatever the sales tax is for the buyer's state)

Message 11 of 26
latest reply

Why must sellers wait up to 8 days to be able to offer a second chance offer when an auction winner does not pay?

Scenario as follows.

1. Seller list an auction item.

2. Buyer wins auction after competing bids with another buyer or buyers.

3. Buyer does not pay.

4. Seller sends 2 invoices, 2 messages and 2 payment reminders.

5. Seller must wait 4 whole days to open an "unpaid item case"

6. Seller then must wait an additional 4 days to  "cancel the transaction"

7. Seller then may make a second chance offer to the other bidders.

8. The other bidders have likely moved on after 9+ days after losing an aution.

This to me at least this seems very cumbersome, and unfair to the seller. After all its the buyer who did not pay.

Any guidance is appreciated, an explination, as to why these rules exist, is also appreciated.

Thanks

Message 12 of 26
latest reply

Hello Tyler,

A little nuisance thing that we thought had been resolved but seems to have returned. When responding to a message there is, I believe a limit of 1000 characters permitted for a post. This gets downgraded with each carriage return. Is this being worked on as part of the problems with phantom HTML errors and the spam message when you try to send a corrected message? (I believe even you had said before that this had been fixed.) With including other information to a post very easy to go over 1000(??) character quickly.

-Lotz

Message 13 of 26
latest reply

@ericsells75 wrote:

Can we get an update on the shipping supply coupons that are not working for anyone? Multiple threads on it. 

Hi @ericsells75 - I know we discussed this yesterday but there was an issue that was resolved yesterday. If you are still hitting errors when trying to use your shipping supplies coupon please let me know!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 14 of 26
latest reply

You pay on the total transaction so if the buyer is in a  state that eBay had to collect tax for you pay fvf on that amount too.   If your rate is 12 .35 for domestic buyers then it is 12.75 (+.4%) for US buyers and 13.35% for other countries.  (PP charged an extra .8% for US transactions)

Also the US funds have to be converted into Canadian before they can be deposited into your Canadian account and there is a 3% conversion charge for that.  

Apparently we will be able to have $US dollar transactions deposited into a $US bank account at a Canadian bank but I don't know if that is available now or how it still work.

Message 15 of 26
latest reply

@silverpinups wrote:

Hi Tyler,

I'm having a problem with printing off my items sold. It was working fine until last Thursday/Friday when eBay did an update.

Please check completed item # 262861623205 (as an example). You will have to be in my account.

If you look at the listing you will see 5 options:

1. Print another label

2. Contact Buyer 

3. View order details

4. Relist

5. View purchased item.

Click on "View purchased item". It will bring you to a printable page. At the top of the printable page you will see:

1. Listing summary

2. Seller's description

3. Listing images.

When you uncheck those boxes,  the areas should disappear so I can print just the item title, sale date, price and image.  When I uncheck them now, those sections are not disappearing so I have to print off the entire ad (listing summary, seller's decription, listing images). Of coarse I can just print the first page by editing my printing mode but it still includes the item specifics.

I have phoned eBay customer service but so far the problen still exists. Can you get this looked at? Thanks.

Hi @silverpinups - thank you for these directions to replicate what you're seeing, that was really helpful! I'm not sure why this is happening, but will see if I can get a spotlight on it (for what it's worth). 

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 16 of 26
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

Hello Tyler,

Wondering if you know why this could be happening. I had a US buyer try to make a purchase last Friday. They wanted to pay with an MC which I accept. They were unable to complete payment. They've had no issue in the past using their Mastercard. MC and eBay were unable to help them in any way. When they attempted to cancel they were told it was too late???? which is a new one on me. Had to cancel at my end and they accepted. I relisted and they repurchased with same results. If anyone else has run across this, please let me know.

Part 2.

Item was promoted with a low rate when the listing sold the promotion fees were charged to Payouts immediately even without the buyer paying. This is NOT how it worked the first month enrolled in MP.  As per everything detailed in MP, Upgrade listing charges/accessory fees are supposed to be charged to the Monthly invoice. So all in one place for simplicity. When the charge first  displayed it was 1 amount. When it was credited it was a lesser amount. (Only pennies but it's the principle here.) Are there charges(fees) for cancelled orders with MP?

From eBay Help:

If you use supplemental services, such as buying and printing shipping labels on eBay, or if you participate in any of our advertising programs, additional terms may apply and you'll pay any costs or fees associated with those services. Details of the costs or fees will be on your monthly invoice - opens in new window or tab and we'll charge the payment method you've set up on your seller account

The amount we charge for Store subscribers depends on the following:

The item price

The format and category you choose for your listing

Any optional listing upgrades you add Your Store subscription package

Your seller conduct and performance

Thanks,

-Lotz

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies - sorry to hear that your buyer ran into trouble paying for their purchase! There aren't any restrictions or technical issues that would prevent them from making payment that I'm aware of, so asking them to contact CS was the best course of action (even if they weren't able to resolve it for the member they would have been able to get it reported for review). 

A buyer isn't able to request a cancellation after an hour from the purchase/commitment to purchase the item, which is what you described. That's not a technical issue. 

When it comes to the promoted listing fee getting charged to your pending payout, that sounds in line with the invoice changes announced in the Spring Seller Update (link here). There is not a charge to cancel a transaction, so when it comes to the pricing difference I'd consider requesting a callback from a payments-trained teammate who can review this in detail with you. 

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 17 of 26
latest reply

@esclyons wrote:

I did my managed payment registration last week, And ebay sent me a confirmation, that said i would get a 2 week notice prior to activation, yesterday on thew 5th, they sent me a message saying i would go live between april 12-16.. That is not a 2 week notice.. I would appreciate the 2 week notice that i was given..

Hi @esclyons - thanks for this input. I can't adjust your onboarding date, but I can make sure that what happened is shared with the proper team.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 18 of 26
latest reply

@mrdutch1001 wrote:

eBay CANNOT be trusted in ANYTHING they say or do...

when eBay cannot offer adequate information to its sellers on the MP system BEFORE sellers register/ sign up...that in itself is cause for distrust.

I will not register for MP anytime during 2021,  if ever...

MP is a totally screwed up system that is being forced on sellers without providing sellers with as much info as possible so that sellers know exactly what they are faced with BEFORE they enter this payment system, as there is no turning back once registered/signed up and right now especially for Canadian sellers, there are just way too many issues & problems....

Hi @mrdutch1001 - I'm not here to try to change your mind, but I do want to point out that there is (now) a lot of payments information available to you via the Help Pages. A good place to get started is here, and covers the basics as well as including links to more detailed info like fees, disputes and other areas. No registration required. 🙂

Tyler,
eBay
Message 19 of 26
latest reply

Follow up.

The HTML problems may be having additional ramifications and is corrupting some sellers listings. I've come across several of my listings recently where the fonts(html), colour(html)  and text size(html) have been changed. In a format I would never use. In some cases I am able to fix. In others the text is locked no matter what I try to do. I started noticing this approx. 3 weeks ago when the changes were being implemented to the discussion area.

-Lotz

Message 20 of 26
latest reply