August 25 2021 Weekly Session

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi everyone - 

Opening the chat for your questions. I'll begin working on responses tomorrow afternoon. 

Thanks!

Tyler

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Hi Tyler, I thought you would be happy to know that there is progress with my account. Got 2 emails from techs and they have changed my listing so that I can now sell.

Due to some complications on your account and recent updates to the information we need to update your account to ensure that we can process your payments correctly.   

For now you will be able to list on eBay and your transactions will be processed through PayPal.  Your listings will need to include PayPal as a payment method. If you have outstanding payouts pending through eBay to your bank account, we will need to perform additional steps to verify your account, and will manually send the payouts to your PayPal account.  This process can take up to 30 days.

I am very glad to be able to sell again and hopefully my outstanding payments will soon appear.

Thank you for your help with this problem, it has been long and stressfull. I decided I would phone every day until something was done! I guess it worked.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Hi there Tyler,

I have a question regarding defects.  I am a Canadian seller but I have a defect on the US site that I have tried to have removed unsuccessfully.   I can't tell how how defeated I feel.   I will try to keep it short but I am really looking for help.  I sold an item on January 21/21 and sent it out via Canada Post on the same same day, it was going to the US.  I uploaded the tracking and left feedback for the buyer.  Then it got stuck somewhere at a USPS sorting station, I contacted the USPS and the post office to where the item would eventually arrive but I got the same answer; if it is showing up with the tracking number on the USPS site, then it is not lost just delayed with the pandemic and sorting stations closed for 2 weeks at a time, etc.   The buyer filed a claim and was refunded which I totally understand and have no issue with.  The item finally arrived to the buyer in June!  I confirmed this with the buyer and they did indeed receive the item.  I did everything that I was suppose to do and I now have a defect on my account all thanks to a pandemic and the USPS all of which is totally out of my control.   I'd love to have someone explain to me why I have a defect on my account.  However, I would really love it to be removed.  I have contacted ebay many times about this but I just keep getting the cookie cutter response, it's beyond frustrating.  I am truly hoping you can help me.

Thanking you in advance,

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Hello Tyler, the recurring problem with economy shipping from outside the US showing the estimated delivery time for standard shipping from outside the US is back again!!

I know you have previously reported this problem, but it keeps happening! Can you please see if you can get this fixed again? Hopefully permanently! Thank you so much!

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

I have a question about re-registering for MP. I presume I will be starting from scratch. Do I register with US or Canada as I originally registered with US and it was changed to Canadia?

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Hi Tyler,

My question is about the option for Canadian Sellers to send or print coded coupons. Is this possible? I have a regular repeating customer and it would be cool to add something in this type of outgoing shipment. I could find the info on how to do this  on Ebay US. It explains to go to "Marketing/Creat A Promotion/Coupon"  but the only item available in my list is Markdown Sale. 

----------------------------------------

Ebay US Coupons

eBay store subscribers can create and share their own discount codes for buyers. Here's how to create a coupon:

1. Go to the Marketing tab in Seller Hub and select Promotions.
  2. Select Create a promotion then Coupons.
  3. Set the discounts and conditions of your offer and choose eligible items. You can also choose to set a budget and other usage limits for your offer.
  4. Add an image and a short description for the coupon.
  5. Schedule your offer or select Start Immediately.
  6. Review and select Launch coupon

Here are some benefits of using coupons:

• Send a printed coupon code in your order to encourage repeat purchases.
  • Offer a discount to customers instead of adjusting the item price.
  • Control your spend on promotions and protect selling your margins with options like minimum spend, expiry date, budget, etc.

Thank you!

ITWM

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

sorry...deleted

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

@richardcm wrote:

I posted this topic and tagged you but never got a response.

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Scheduled-listing-fees/td-p/465446/jump-to/first-unread-...

Thanks @richardcm! I responded there. I think it's a formatting issue, but if you give it a try and see a charge will you tag me to the thread so I can look further into it?  

Tyler,
eBay
Message 9 of 15
latest reply

@triber wrote:

Hi Tyler, I thought you would be happy to know that there is progress with my account. Got 2 emails from techs and they have changed my listing so that I can now sell.

Due to some complications on your account and recent updates to the information we need to update your account to ensure that we can process your payments correctly.   

For now you will be able to list on eBay and your transactions will be processed through PayPal.  Your listings will need to include PayPal as a payment method. If you have outstanding payouts pending through eBay to your bank account, we will need to perform additional steps to verify your account, and will manually send the payouts to your PayPal account.  This process can take up to 30 days.

I am very glad to be able to sell again and hopefully my outstanding payments will soon appear.

Thank you for your help with this problem, it has been long and stressfull. I decided I would phone every day until something was done! I guess it worked.

@triber - I'd heard that they were working through a solution and I was hoping that you would be among the first group and it sounds like you have been. I'm so glad that you don't have to consider opening a completely new account and recreate 100s of listings. I'm confident that this time around, when you're asked to register for payments that there won't be any more complications. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 10 of 15
latest reply

@msmaggie060 wrote:

Hello Tyler, the recurring problem with economy shipping from outside the US showing the estimated delivery time for standard shipping from outside the US is back again!!

I know you have previously reported this problem, but it keeps happening! Can you please see if you can get this fixed again? Hopefully permanently! Thank you so much!

Hi @msmaggie060 - I've been in touch with the Shipping team and they've said this:

We routinely monitor the delivery estimates and make necessary adjustments based on actual tracking data. In March, based on a thorough analysis, the estimated delivery date (EDD) for economy shipping from outside US was updated to 11 business days.

We will be reviewing the EDDs in the coming weeks to assess accuracy and measure the impact on INR claims.

Most economy services should reach a US buyer within that 11-day window. Could you let us know which services you’ve been using specifically?

If you can get me any details from the last sentence that would be helpful. Because the 'economy shipping from outside US' is a generic service (it's not tied to a specific courier or service) the EDD generated is a broad one averaged from most other shipping services. If you can let us know which are taking longer I can get that back to the team and they can work that into their models.

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 11 of 15
latest reply

@triber wrote:

I have a question about re-registering for MP. I presume I will be starting from scratch. Do I register with US or Canada as I originally registered with US and it was changed to Canadia?

Hi @triber - the million dollar question! When you get the notice to register you should click the link within the email (or the banner in Seller Hub). That should push you to the correct flow based on your registration address, but from what I'm learning from payments experts is that it will be under the Canadian flow (because your registration address will be in Canada). When you go through the process it should ask you very early on if you want to received payouts in CAD or USD. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 12 of 15
latest reply

@intimewithmusic wrote:

Hi Tyler,

My question is about the option for Canadian Sellers to send or print coded coupons. Is this possible? I have a regular repeating customer and it would be cool to add something in this type of outgoing shipment. I could find the info on how to do this  on Ebay US. It explains to go to "Marketing/Creat A Promotion/Coupon"  but the only item available in my list is Markdown Sale. 

----------------------------------------

Ebay US Coupons

eBay store subscribers can create and share their own discount codes for buyers. Here's how to create a coupon:

1. Go to the Marketing tab in Seller Hub and select Promotions.
  2. Select Create a promotion then Coupons.
  3. Set the discounts and conditions of your offer and choose eligible items. You can also choose to set a budget and other usage limits for your offer.
  4. Add an image and a short description for the coupon.
  5. Schedule your offer or select Start Immediately.
  6. Review and select Launch coupon

Here are some benefits of using coupons:

• Send a printed coupon code in your order to encourage repeat purchases.
  • Offer a discount to customers instead of adjusting the item price.
  • Control your spend on promotions and protect selling your margins with options like minimum spend, expiry date, budget, etc.

Thank you!

ITWM

Hi @intimewithmusic - we won't be seeing any of the promotions-suite come to eBay Canada. However, if you're listing directly on .com you should have access to them, but it would only be for those .com listings. 

Doesn't always help if you're selling domestically, but if you do a lot of trade to the US it may be worthwhile!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 13 of 15
latest reply

@green_apple_treasures wrote:

Hi there Tyler,

I have a question regarding defects.  I am a Canadian seller but I have a defect on the US site that I have tried to have removed unsuccessfully.   I can't tell how how defeated I feel.   I will try to keep it short but I am really looking for help.  I sold an item on January 21/21 and sent it out via Canada Post on the same same day, it was going to the US.  I uploaded the tracking and left feedback for the buyer.  Then it got stuck somewhere at a USPS sorting station, I contacted the USPS and the post office to where the item would eventually arrive but I got the same answer; if it is showing up with the tracking number on the USPS site, then it is not lost just delayed with the pandemic and sorting stations closed for 2 weeks at a time, etc.   The buyer filed a claim and was refunded which I totally understand and have no issue with.  The item finally arrived to the buyer in June!  I confirmed this with the buyer and they did indeed receive the item.  I did everything that I was suppose to do and I now have a defect on my account all thanks to a pandemic and the USPS all of which is totally out of my control.   I'd love to have someone explain to me why I have a defect on my account.  However, I would really love it to be removed.  I have contacted ebay many times about this but I just keep getting the cookie cutter response, it's beyond frustrating.  I am truly hoping you can help me.

Thanking you in advance,

Hi @green_apple_treasures - I'm really sorry to hear about this whole situation. I'm not able to help with account specific situations like this, but in general if we were asked to step into a request and make a decision it would be considered a transaction defect. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 14 of 15
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Thanks for joining the chat this week - it's now closed but will be back next week!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 15 of 15
latest reply