Opening the chat up for your questions!

Tyler

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: August 7 2019 Weekly Session

Hi, i see eBay is changing our feedback page, to a new format, when i click on someone who has the new format i can see all their purchases, on the old format i can't see any of their purchases, unless it was something i sold to them.  I don't think people want everyone knowing what they are buying..

Also on feedback, i just had a buyer leave me a neutral feedback, my first blemish in a long time,..When a buyer has an issue with the item they bought, eBay recommends they contact the seller to work things out, i don't think a buyer should be able to leave neutral or negative feedback, if they have contacted the seller to give the seller the opportunity to correct any said errors.. My error could have been corrected with a 85 cent stamp, But i wasn't given the chance to fix it, and now i have a dark mark on my feedback, i don't believe that this is fair given it goes against what eBay preaches..

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

Hi Tyler,

I didn't receive a purchase from eBay.com and I live in Canada. The tracking shows that the item was delivered, however I did not receive it. I wrote to the seller and eBay about this and I also contacted Canada Post. Canada Post doesn't understand why I didn't receive the item, but they treat the item as lost, not stolen. They will refund the seller(eBay) when the seller files the claim. I have provided the customer service phone number for Canada Post to eBay. For some reason eBay will not file a claim stating that they are not the sender. If they aren't the sender then who is? Canada Post cannot refund me as I didn't buy anything from them, but they will refund the seller. They say that eBay is well aware of this process. I the customer have written several emails and so far I am having no luck with getting eBay to file a claim. If they do, Canada Post will refund them and then eBay can either refund me or replace the item I didn't receive if the seller has it in stock. Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Vivian

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

Thank you for your continued help Tyler.

I have had an ongoing problem with combined shipping for at least 2 years. Some buyers have no problem asking for a combined shipping invoice, while other get a message saying "this seller does not combine shipping". It is very frustrating because I am losing sales.

I have phoned eBay several times over the last couple of years, and all my setting have been checked, sometime re-done, but there is still this problem. Another one 2 days ago.

I tell buyer to put the items in their cart like eBay told me, but that makes no difference. I wish I could get a remedy for this problem. I DO combine shipping.

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

Ask your buyers if they are using a cellphone and if they are, to try on a laptop. It's worked for almost all my buyers who tell me they were using a cellphone and could now ask for a total with combined shipping

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

I don't see any difference as being able to see what a buyer has purchased.   The old format allowed me to look at a sellers feedback page and see what they sold but since the buyer's id's are masked, I couldn't see who the buyer was...the same as it is now.

If I look on your feedback received as a buyer page, I don't see what you purchased so I dont think that has changed either.

With that being said...Tyler, I don't care for the look of the feedback page either and I really dislike the fact that the 'view items for sale' is now at the bottom of the page instead of the top.  I doubt that most buyers are going to realize that it is even there. 

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

@esclyons wrote:

Hi, i see eBay is changing our feedback page, to a new format, when i click on someone who has the new format i can see all their purchases, on the old format i can't see any of their purchases, unless it was something i sold to them.  I don't think people want everyone knowing what they are buying..

Also on feedback, i just had a buyer leave me a neutral feedback, my first blemish in a long time,..When a buyer has an issue with the item they bought, eBay recommends they contact the seller to work things out, i don't think a buyer should be able to leave neutral or negative feedback, if they have contacted the seller to give the seller the opportunity to correct any said errors.. My error could have been corrected with a 85 cent stamp, But i wasn't given the chance to fix it, and now i have a dark mark on my feedback, i don't believe that this is fair given it goes against what eBay preaches..

Hi @esclyons - the new feedback format shouldn't be providing any different information than was available previously. I checked on a member's page (thanks for being the guinea pig @pjcdn2005!) and I don't see item numbers being displayed on purchases - is that what you were referring to?

Is this what you're seeing as well?Is this what you're seeing as well? 

As to your feedback received - it's definitely frustrating when your first alert to a problem is when you notice your feedback received. We do advise members to consider contacting a seller prior to leaving negative or neutral feedback but we do not currently require it - and failure to contact is not a valid case for a feedback appeal.

You can always work with the buyer to see if they'd be open to a feedback revision if you have some left for the year!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 7 of 17
latest reply

Hi, there.

I hope I'm not being a pain, but in last week's chat you said that there might be more information about the "Offers to Buyers" rollout progress this week. Any updates? 😄

Thanks in advance!

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

This guy seems to need your help

albl_17
Community Member

i have already verified my paypal account however it still says "Become Verified" what do i do?

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

@vivianout wrote:

Hi Tyler,

I didn't receive a purchase from eBay.com and I live in Canada. The tracking shows that the item was delivered, however I did not receive it. I wrote to the seller and eBay about this and I also contacted Canada Post. Canada Post doesn't understand why I didn't receive the item, but they treat the item as lost, not stolen. They will refund the seller(eBay) when the seller files the claim. I have provided the customer service phone number for Canada Post to eBay. For some reason eBay will not file a claim stating that they are not the sender. If they aren't the sender then who is? Canada Post cannot refund me as I didn't buy anything from them, but they will refund the seller. They say that eBay is well aware of this process. I the customer have written several emails and so far I am having no luck with getting eBay to file a claim. If they do, Canada Post will refund them and then eBay can either refund me or replace the item I didn't receive if the seller has it in stock. Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Vivian

@vivianout 

Hi Vivian! I'm going to look into this further and will be in touch. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 10 of 17
latest reply

@triber wrote:

Thank you for your continued help Tyler.

I have had an ongoing problem with combined shipping for at least 2 years. Some buyers have no problem asking for a combined shipping invoice, while other get a message saying "this seller does not combine shipping". It is very frustrating because I am losing sales.

I have phoned eBay several times over the last couple of years, and all my setting have been checked, sometime re-done, but there is still this problem. Another one 2 days ago.

I tell buyer to put the items in their cart like eBay told me, but that makes no difference. I wish I could get a remedy for this problem. I DO combine shipping.

Hi @triber - a lot of that could be item level specific, depending on the combined shipping rules you offer, as well as if you run any sales or discounts. 

If you have a specific example I can work with to test I'd appreciate that! Send me a PM with the item numbers involved as well as the buyer id and I'll do some digging. Thanks! 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 11 of 17
latest reply

Hello Tyler,

Why is the Promotional Offers page for August under Used/Left displaying listing Id's that don't exist?

-Lotz

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

I don't see any difference as being able to see what a buyer has purchased.   The old format allowed me to look at a sellers feedback page and see what they sold but since the buyer's id's are masked, I couldn't see who the buyer was...the same as it is now.

If I look on your feedback received as a buyer page, I don't see what you purchased so I dont think that has changed either.

With that being said...Tyler, I don't care for the look of the feedback page either and I really dislike the fact that the 'view items for sale' is now at the bottom of the page instead of the top.  I doubt that most buyers are going to realize that it is even there. 

Thanks for the input @pjcdn2005 - I see that the little store icon is still at the top but the quick link (the one I use the most) is down at the bottom of the page. I'll get this feedback passed on for a possible future enhancement. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 13 of 17
latest reply

@stilldennis wrote:

Hi, there.

I hope I'm not being a pain, but in last week's chat you said that there might be more information about the "Offers to Buyers" rollout progress this week. Any updates? 😄

Thanks in advance!

Hi @stilldennis - not a pain at all! I've been rattling chains but so far no updates. I'll keep you updated as I hear back!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 14 of 17
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

This guy seems to need your help

albl_17
Community Member

i have already verified my paypal account however it still says "Become Verified" what do i do?

Oh that sounds a bit wonky, to be sure. 

If you have a thread link you can send it to me or give me a tag to the thread in question. 

At a high level - I'd want to know if he's talking about seeing this on his PayPal account or on his eBay account. If we're talking about the eBay account that could be something I can help with. If it's the PayPal side I'll end up just as in the dark. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 15 of 17
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

Hello Tyler,

Why is the Promotional Offers page for August under Used/Left displaying listing Id's that don't exist?

-Lotz

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies - that listing id does exist. You can find it here. Looks like you listed it on the 7th of July, and it renewed today, which would have taken one of your store allotments, which is why it's on the Promotional Offers page for August under Used/Left. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 16 of 17
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Thanks for joining this week! The chat is now closed, but I'll be around to address any questions if you page me to a thread (or I get nosey stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes)!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 17 of 17
latest reply