August 8th, 2023 Monthly Chat

Hello everyone! Opening up the chat and we'll begin working on answers between now and tomorrow afternoon. Some answers may require me reaching out to the right team for a response so some answers may be delayed!

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

kyle@ebay wrote:

Hello everyone! Opening up the chat and we'll begin working on answers between now and tomorrow afternoon. Some answers may require me reaching out to the right team for a response so some answers may be delayed!

Hello Kyle,

Just following up. Has eBay gotten anywhere on followup for Labels processing. See attached concerns. Goes back about 6 weeks. (Major shortcoming that ebay does not include a breakdown of fees including tax for sellers with the receipt.)

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Community-eBay-Site-Issues/eBay-Label-Concerns/m-p/496069

Has there been any updates on how long it should take to process the charges for eBay labels on dot ca. Time frames have been all over the map. Many sellers are getting billed on delivery with Fedex. Others are reporting 2 to 11 days with CanPost. According to the label page it should be right after processing. Similar to Shippo, PayPal or with CP tools.

Have they considered adding more detailed help...including an example for processing shipments using Fedex. The current information does not explain what happens with or the requirements as it pertains to the customs information. In speaking to a CS rep recently they said it's all done by EIS. EIS is something that "fortunately" eBay Canada sellers do not have access to. 

Lastly and most important is eBay anywhere closer to allowing eBay Canada sellers to show the current level 4 discount vs counter rates. That discount is what can influence a buyers decision on a major scale. Otherwise it is difficult to express properly so buyers know a discount could be in play. And would also reduce having to refund per order. We had heard a few months back that it was a work in progress. Fedex has been available for ca sellers for over 8 months. Level 4 for several months. The option to display the discount should have been released at the same time. 

Thanks,

-Lotzofuniquegoodies

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

kyle@ebay wrote:

Hello Kyle,

Just following up. Has eBay gotten anywhere on followup for Labels processing. See attached concerns. Goes back about 6 weeks. (Major shortcoming that ebay does not include a breakdown of fees including tax for sellers with the receipt.)

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Community-eBay-Site-Issues/eBay-Label-Concerns/m-p/496069

Has there been any updates on how long it should take to process the charges for eBay labels on dot ca. Time frames have been all over the map. Many sellers are getting billed on delivery with Fedex. Others are reporting 2 to 11 days with CanPost. According to the label page it should be right after processing. Similar to Shippo, PayPal or with CP tools.

Have they considered adding more detailed help...including an example for processing shipments using Fedex. The current information does not explain what happens with or the requirements as it pertains to the customs information. In speaking to a CS rep recently they said it's all done by EIS. EIS is something that "fortunately" eBay Canada sellers do not have access to. 

Lastly and most important is eBay anywhere closer to allowing eBay Canada sellers to show the current level 4 discount vs counter rates. That discount is what can influence a buyers decision on a major scale. Otherwise it is difficult to express properly so buyers know a discount could be in play. And would also reduce having to refund per order. We had heard a few months back that it was a work in progress. Fedex has been available for ca sellers for over 8 months. Level 4 for several months. The option to display the discount should have been released at the same time. 

Thanks,

-Lotzofuniquegoodies

Hey @lotzofuniquegoodies we'll get this info sent over and see if we can get a status update for you.  

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

kyle@ebay 

Thanks. Appreciated. Currently the only way to know if something has been resolved(dot ca) is to keep personally testing or crossing fingers. Not a perfect situation.

Regards,

-Lotzofuniquegoodies. 

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

kyle@ebay 

Thanks. Appreciated. Currently the only way to know if something has been resolved(dot ca) is to keep personally testing or crossing fingers. Not a perfect situation.

Regards,

-Lotzofuniquegoodies. 

Can you confirm ASAP if the customs documentation has been removed from eBay Labels and FEDEX. 3 sellers have recently reported that option is missing on dot ca. It is a legal requirement to include customs documentation when shipping internationally. Sellers should not need to locate and provide a manual customs form to ship. It should be built into the label making software. Without proper signed required documentation shipments will be delayed.  Fedex sent 1 of the below a PDF to fill out before dropping off.

-Lotz

@*mixedup* 

@traposse 

@bo_511572 

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

A few annoying bugs (that are happening on all my stores in 3 different browsers):

1. On the print packing slip page, customizations are still not being saved.

2. When listing an item (and not using a template), the return policy keeps jumping to some generic option rather than my set default option. If I delete the generic option, a new one appears again automatically and seems to insert itself randomly into various listings. (see photo of what keeps happening)

Other things:

1. Videos. Seriously, we shouldn't have to use a 3rd party service (or play with the API) to make use of an eBay feature.

2. Rows of other people's ads showing between our photos and description. If you want to show those, fine, but do it AFTER our full listing. It's a terrible experience for both buyers and sellers, not to mention a little confusing as to what is actually being sold. It's already hard enough to get people to read descriptions, but burying them further makes it even worse. It kind of feels like those of us with a store (and paying for promoted listings) are paying to have other people's items displayed.

3. Has the country of origin issue on shipping labels been fixed yet? I haven't seen anything mentioned about it, and that issue is extremely important. It's literally signing your name to false information on a legal document. I've been holding off on enabling international shipping specifically because of this issue, and would really like it resolved.

4. As Lotz keeps mentioning, we really need the tax breakout on shipping labels.

5. Labels should come out of our held funds as soon as they're purchased. Adjustments can be charged if necessary, and in fact would be better because it would be easier for us to see that there was a problem.

6. Again as mentioned, the option to show the level 4 shipping discounts.

Also, while I think all of us appreciate the information being passed on, it feels a lot like it just gets fed into a black hole. I realize you can only communicate back to us what you receive yourself, but we're getting almost no communication on any of the issues, and it's been that way for a long time. The monthly chat simply gets closed and on most issues nothing more is heard for another month.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

kyle@ebay 

Regards,

-Lotzofuniquegoodies. 

Can you confirm ASAP if the customs documentation has been removed from eBay Labels and FEDEX. 3 sellers have recently reported that option is missing on dot ca. It is a legal requirement to include customs documentation when shipping internationally. Sellers should not need to locate and provide a manual customs form to ship. It should be built into the label making software. Without proper signed required documentation shipments will be delayed.  Fedex sent 1 of the below a PDF to fill out before dropping off.

-Lotz

@*mixedup* 

@traposse 

@bo_511572 

Hey @lotzofuniquegoodies, customs info should not be removed from those labels.  I would recommend any sellers who run across this situation to contact Customer Service as soon as possible to get their issue reported and corrected.   

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

@flipistics wrote:

A few annoying bugs (that are happening on all my stores in 3 different browsers):

1. On the print packing slip page, customizations are still not being saved.

2. When listing an item (and not using a template), the return policy keeps jumping to some generic option rather than my set default option. If I delete the generic option, a new one appears again automatically and seems to insert itself randomly into various listings. (see photo of what keeps happening)

Other things:

1. Videos. Seriously, we shouldn't have to use a 3rd party service (or play with the API) to make use of an eBay feature.

2. Rows of other people's ads showing between our photos and description. If you want to show those, fine, but do it AFTER our full listing. It's a terrible experience for both buyers and sellers, not to mention a little confusing as to what is actually being sold. It's already hard enough to get people to read descriptions, but burying them further makes it even worse. It kind of feels like those of us with a store (and paying for promoted listings) are paying to have other people's items displayed.

3. Has the country of origin issue on shipping labels been fixed yet? I haven't seen anything mentioned about it, and that issue is extremely important. It's literally signing your name to false information on a legal document. I've been holding off on enabling international shipping specifically because of this issue, and would really like it resolved.

4. As Lotz keeps mentioning, we really need the tax breakout on shipping labels.

5. Labels should come out of our held funds as soon as they're purchased. Adjustments can be charged if necessary, and in fact would be better because it would be easier for us to see that there was a problem.

6. Again as mentioned, the option to show the level 4 shipping discounts.

Also, while I think all of us appreciate the information being passed on, it feels a lot like it just gets fed into a black hole. I realize you can only communicate back to us what you receive yourself, but we're getting almost no communication on any of the issues, and it's been that way for a long time. The monthly chat simply gets closed and on most issues nothing more is heard for another month.

Hey @flipistics that is some very good feedback and suggestions for these issues.  I'll be glad to pass this info along to the appropriate teams!

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Am 100% absolutely appalled at eBay's inserting other seller's listings between the photos and description. How stupid! How disrespectful of a seller's listing!  eBay has no regard for its sellers, and places **bleep** willy nilly within our listings...OUR listings are OUR listings and eBay has no right to interfere!  Potential buyers will be thinking those other listings belong to the seller of the item they are looking at, but fact is by clicking on any of those other listings, they are immediately taken to another seller's items.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

"Hey @flipistics that is some very good feedback and suggestions for these issues.  I'll be glad to pass this info along to the appropriate teams!"

Really!!!!!

It has already been passed along to the appropriate teams - several times.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

kyle@ebay wrote:

kyle@ebay 

Regards,

-Lotzofuniquegoodies. 

-Lotz

@*mixedup* 

@traposse 

@bo_511572 

Hey @lotzofuniquegoodies, customs info should not be removed from those labels.  I would recommend any sellers who run across this situation to contact Customer Service as soon as possible to get their issue reported and corrected.   

I spoke to CS the first time a seller mentioned this issue to me. I was told it was all handled by EIS. Definitely bad info from CS. I believe I got a log of the chat. Have to confirm. EIS is NOT something Canadian sellers have access to. If this is the case (customs is MIA) this needs to be immediately addressed and corrected.

-Lotz

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

I have an even better suggestion:

Get rid of the .CA site since eBay cannot be bothered to maintain it...NOTHING gets fixed on .CA...and eBay DOES NOT CARE!   .CA is the most USELESS branch of eBay...and the most neglected, the most ignored and eBay needs to either fix all the broken parts or get rid of it entirely...

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Thanks for joining the chat- it's closed but will return next month!

I will continue to work on getting responses to any questions that may not have been answered during the chat. I will be sure to tag the member to assure they are notified of a response!

Message 13 of 13
latest reply