December 12th 2018 Weekly Session

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Howdy everyone - 

Opening the chat a bit earlier today to give folks time to get questions in. I'll respond on Wednesday. 

Thanks!
Tyler

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Thank you for being here, and for opening the thread. 

I don't think I have any burning questions this week, only concerns about the postal delays in parcel delivery. We have now reached the pinnacle of critical delivery times with just nine business days left for domestic delivery within Canada. As a seller watching my outgoing shipments, I can only consider what I'm seeing with incoming courier deliveries and they too are now buckling under the pressure of an increased workload in part created by large e-commerce shifting most if not all of their business away from Canada Post. 

I'm worried, and I don't know what you can say about it, but I'm fairly certain that I'm not alone in this. I read a mediator has now been appointed in the postal dispute at the same time as the union has lodged their court challenge of the back-to-work legislation, and they've said they are participating in mediation only 'reluctantly' to Canada Post's assertion they will do so 'fully'.

Given that I have time on my hands to write emails (since I don't have any actual orders to pack) I am heading into Round 2 of all the messages I sent at the end of November with follow-ups, and I wondered if ebay was also in the process of preparing a statement to the Government of Canada (or elsewhere) on behalf of Small Business and online sellers. 

Thank you,

Maureen 

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Not sure if this is how to start a new thread.

Does someone from Ebay read this?
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Hi Tyler, I am still getting the warning when I save a draft when I am working on it.  And then when I continue to work on it, it shows not secure:

not secure sell similar.jpg

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

same here...not necessarily happening with drafts on dot COM, but definitely occurring when saving drafts on dotCA. Most recently happened but a few moments ago when working with drafts on dotCA. When click on save, the whole page comes up mostly as a white page with the insecure warning message.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@diver_mike52 wrote:
Not sure if this is how to start a new thread.

Does someone from Ebay read this?

Hi @diver_mike52 - I do!

I'm available on the regular boards throughout the week, but each Wednesday we have a chat where you can leave a question and I'll reply to it directly too. Welcome!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@musicyouneed wrote:

Hi Tyler, I am still getting the warning when I save a draft when I am working on it.  And then when I continue to work on it, it shows not secure:

not secure sell similar.jpg

Hi @musicyouneed and @mrdutch1001 - this is related to the still-ongoing project of converting all eBay pages to be HTTPS compliant, to meet Google's standards. All essential pages and buyer impacting pages have been converted, but others are still in process. Your information is safe, but Chrome will label it as not secure because it has not yet been converted to the other format. 

Thanks for your patience!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

@momcqueen wrote:

Thank you for being here, and for opening the thread. 

I don't think I have any burning questions this week, only concerns about the postal delays in parcel delivery. We have now reached the pinnacle of critical delivery times with just nine business days left for domestic delivery within Canada. As a seller watching my outgoing shipments, I can only consider what I'm seeing with incoming courier deliveries and they too are now buckling under the pressure of an increased workload in part created by large e-commerce shifting most if not all of their business away from Canada Post. 

I'm worried, and I don't know what you can say about it, but I'm fairly certain that I'm not alone in this. I read a mediator has now been appointed in the postal dispute at the same time as the union has lodged their court challenge of the back-to-work legislation, and they've said they are participating in mediation only 'reluctantly' to Canada Post's assertion they will do so 'fully'.

Given that I have time on my hands to write emails (since I don't have any actual orders to pack) I am heading into Round 2 of all the messages I sent at the end of November with follow-ups, and I wondered if ebay was also in the process of preparing a statement to the Government of Canada (or elsewhere) on behalf of Small Business and online sellers. 

Thank you,

Maureen 

Hi @momcqueen - I'm glad to hear that you're calling on your representatives again, though I'm sad to hear why you have the time to do it. 

I can't make statements about what, if anything, is being planned, but I do know that Andrea Stairs is keenly aware of the impact this has had on folks, and continues to be engaged with the stories of how this has impacted your business. While this may not be brought forward in a public statement I know that she works very hard to make sure that your voice is heard. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Hello Tyler,

Clarification, please. Are the available world areas in a sellers listing based on their set preferences or is this the standard view that everyone views? 

N. and S. America

United States

Mexico

Brazil

Europe

France

United Kingdom

Germany

Russian Federation

If this is the standard set or would it be possible to revise/update?   Possible suggestions. North America and South America separated. Adding Eastern Europe, Middle East, Central America, Africa?

Thanks,

-CM
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:
Hello Tyler,

Clarification, please. Are the available world areas in a sellers listing based on their set preferences or is this the standard view that everyone views? 

N. and S. America

United States

Mexico

Brazil

Europe

France

United Kingdom

Germany

Russian Federation

If this is the standard set or would it be possible to revise/update?   Possible suggestions. North America and South America separated. Adding Eastern Europe, Middle East, Central America, Africa?

Thanks,

-CM

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies - I'll need some clarification please: do you mean in the listing flow when creating an item for sale or from a buyer perspective in looking at available shipping locations?

If it's in the listing flow, those should be the globally divided regions and in most circumstances you can dive deeper into them (for example, you can expand a region in the Exclusion list to block a particular country within a region but ship to the others). 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Thanks for joining the chat this week - I'll be on the boards throughout the rest of the week, see you there!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 11 of 11
latest reply