Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: January 13 2021 Weekly Session

Rapid Resolution Issues

Hi Tyler,

I find the rapid resolution extremely unfair to Canadian sellers.  Since the implementation from the 2020 Spring Updates, the new rapid resolution automictically  closes "item not  received" cases within three business days unless there is a valid tracking number upload.  As you are aware, tracking is very expensive for Canadian sellers who sell low price point items.  To send tracking to the US starts at $11.09 on an item under 500 grams.  To send with tracking in Canada is between $9.32 to $15.33 on an item under 100 grams.  The $9.32 is a quote for sending within my own city, Calgary, AB.  The $15.33 is to send to Prince Edward Island.  My average selling price is $9.00.  No buyer is going to pay more for shipping than the item is.  Before the implementation of the rapid resolution, I always worked with my buyers who opened an "item not received" case with a successful and positive outcome.  This usually meant sending a second package as I realize that when you send without tracking that packages do go missing or get delivered to the wrong address.  My buyers were very grateful that I worked with them to get them their item to them so a win-win situation for both buyer and me.  I actually built long-term buyers as they knew I would take care of them if a package did get lost.  With the new rapid resolution, it doesn't allow for me to work with a buyer to address their concerns.  I have no choice but to close the case and issue an refund within three business days so not to get a strike against my account.  This is a  lose-lose situation as most buyers have said they would rather get the item than receive a refund.  For Canadian sellers who sell low price items, they have no choice but to send without tracking (to be in business).  The new rapid resolution system doesn't take this into consideration.  I have talked to the resolution department several times about my concerns and frustration.  And, I get the same generic answer, if no tracking, the case will be closed automictically unless I refund the buyer before the three business days even when the buyer has asked for the item rather than a refund.  I have lost a lot of money and unfortunately buyers have been unhappy.  And now with the shipping delays caused by Covid, I have had a substantial increase in "item not received" cases.  I had no choice but to refund the cases within three business days even knowing that the item will arrive with the shipping delays.  Some of the buyers have been honest and have said the item has arrived and asked how to pay for it again.  Another reason why this system is flawed.  This has resulted in a very frustrated Canadian seller.  I really would like help in resolving this matter.  And I would like to hear from other Canadian sellers on this matter. 

~ Crystal      

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Hello Tyler,

Have you had any luck with the past reported issue with buyers seeing free shipping when they review an offer with the app? This needs to be addressed high priority because it is causing sellers major headaches and no follow up from buyers.

-Lotz

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Tyler there is still an occasional problem with tracking from Canada not updating at all on eBay.  According to the CP site, Item 353312144913 was scanned on Dec 17 but still just shows as  ‘tracking number provided’ on eBay.  The package has been hung up in Burnaby and shows on the CP site  as of yesterday that it is moving now.

The buyer is being patient but has opened an inr although she doesn’t want a refund yet.  But since there is no acceptance scan showing on eBay, I am worried that eBay will automatically close the case in a couple of days. Any suggestions on how to handle this?

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Hello Tyler - Beginning in Jan. 2021, the free promo listings for store subscribers seems to have been limited to the .CA site only. From about May 2020 to now all promos I received were valid on the .COM site as well and my sales flourished on .Com. Now the promos have increased to a mind-boggling 150k on .CA but nothing on .COM - just the 1000 listings that come with the premium store subscription. I can list everything on .CA but that means keeping two sets of listings which entails double the work for the same profit. Is there any chance the promos for .COM will return?  Thanks.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

@spot-the-craft wrote:

Rapid Resolution Issues

Hi Tyler,

I find the rapid resolution extremely unfair to Canadian sellers.  Since the implementation from the 2020 Spring Updates, the new rapid resolution automictically  closes "item not  received" cases within three business days unless there is a valid tracking number upload.  As you are aware, tracking is very expensive for Canadian sellers who sell low price point items.  To send tracking to the US starts at $11.09 on an item under 500 grams.  To send with tracking in Canada is between $9.32 to $15.33 on an item under 100 grams.  The $9.32 is a quote for sending within my own city, Calgary, AB.  The $15.33 is to send to Prince Edward Island.  My average selling price is $9.00.  No buyer is going to pay more for shipping than the item is.  Before the implementation of the rapid resolution, I always worked with my buyers who opened an "item not received" case with a successful and positive outcome.  This usually meant sending a second package as I realize that when you send without tracking that packages do go missing or get delivered to the wrong address.  My buyers were very grateful that I worked with them to get them their item to them so a win-win situation for both buyer and me.  I actually built long-term buyers as they knew I would take care of them if a package did get lost.  With the new rapid resolution, it doesn't allow for me to work with a buyer to address their concerns.  I have no choice but to close the case and issue an refund within three business days so not to get a strike against my account.  This is a  lose-lose situation as most buyers have said they would rather get the item than receive a refund.  For Canadian sellers who sell low price items, they have no choice but to send without tracking (to be in business).  The new rapid resolution system doesn't take this into consideration.  I have talked to the resolution department several times about my concerns and frustration.  And, I get the same generic answer, if no tracking, the case will be closed automictically unless I refund the buyer before the three business days even when the buyer has asked for the item rather than a refund.  I have lost a lot of money and unfortunately buyers have been unhappy.  And now with the shipping delays caused by Covid, I have had a substantial increase in "item not received" cases.  I had no choice but to refund the cases within three business days even knowing that the item will arrive with the shipping delays.  Some of the buyers have been honest and have said the item has arrived and asked how to pay for it again.  Another reason why this system is flawed.  This has resulted in a very frustrated Canadian seller.  I really would like help in resolving this matter.  And I would like to hear from other Canadian sellers on this matter. 

~ Crystal      

Hi @spot-the-craft - I don't disagree with you, and this is feedback I provided when it was first being discussed. 

I'll make sure that your experiences are shared for future consideration. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

Hello Tyler,

Have you had any luck with the past reported issue with buyers seeing free shipping when they review an offer with the app? This needs to be addressed high priority because it is causing sellers major headaches and no follow up from buyers.

-Lotz

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies - nothing further at this point, though I see a similar tech issue associated with answering questions asked on an item. I'll get your details added to the open ticket and see if there's any traction. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

Tyler there is still an occasional problem with tracking from Canada not updating at all on eBay.  According to the CP site, Item 353312144913 was scanned on Dec 17 but still just shows as  ‘tracking number provided’ on eBay.  The package has been hung up in Burnaby and shows on the CP site  as of yesterday that it is moving now.

The buyer is being patient but has opened an inr although she doesn’t want a refund yet.  But since there is no acceptance scan showing on eBay, I am worried that eBay will automatically close the case in a couple of days. Any suggestions on how to handle this?

Hi @pjcdn2005 - that's frustrating! To answer your question, no, it shouldn't automatically close against you (it should be reviewed by a teammate who is trained to look at the courier's site when checking tracking). 

The tracking import bit has happened in the recent past and when escalated the shipping team said it was related to outages on the courier site. I'll get it mentioned again and see if they come back with the same thing. 

If there are any issues with the INR behaving oddly would you tag me to a thread so I can review?

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@retrocorp.inc wrote:

Hello Tyler - Beginning in Jan. 2021, the free promo listings for store subscribers seems to have been limited to the .CA site only. From about May 2020 to now all promos I received were valid on the .COM site as well and my sales flourished on .Com. Now the promos have increased to a mind-boggling 150k on .CA but nothing on .COM - just the 1000 listings that come with the premium store subscription. I can list everything on .CA but that means keeping two sets of listings which entails double the work for the same profit. Is there any chance the promos for .COM will return?  Thanks.

Hi @retrocorp.inc - I've heard no scuttlebutt that we're going to see a return of the promos-without-borders that everyone got to enjoy in the past. I'll make the suggestion though! 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Thanks for joining the chat this week! It's closed for now but I'll see you next Wednesday!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 10 of 10
latest reply