September 16 2020 Weekly Session

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi everyone - 

I'm happy to be back and ready to address your questions! Feel free to drop them below and I'll work on getting answers tomorrow afternoon. 

Thanks, 

Tyler

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Re: September 16 2020 Weekly Session

Hi Tyler,

I am afraid to be too late, but the problem just arose:

A quick search for 18650 size lithium cells revealed 3000+ listings, but our listing 264867868009 was suppressed (deleted) because "selling of lithium cells on eBay is not permitted"?

I have a strong feeling that someone who likes to play god is losing their mind.

Why the heck is eBay cancelling regular products? And why only my product, and not the 3000+ other still available for sale?

I need an answer, and I need an explanation of how this happened.

Thank you.

Volker

Message 21 of 32
latest reply

Hi Tyler, I haven't received a Weekly Session email since April, so I thought they had been stopped.  Glad to see they weren't

I have a question about listing beer coasters. There is a category just for this so I don't understand why one of my listing was removed. It says "Your listing was reported by Anheuser-Busch InBev S..A. for offering a counterfeit item" How can it be counterfeit when they are given to the bars for advertizing their beer? This is where I get them, by going into bars and asking if I can take some.

Message 22 of 32
latest reply

The bar was buying counterfeit coasters? I mean, it is possible.

Message 23 of 32
latest reply

@bunbar 

@femmefan1946 

Not trying to jump to conclusions here but possibly the bots may have been!!  It wouldn't be the first time. Unfortunately in these situations it's shoot first and extremely difficult to ask questions(defend one's listing) later after it has been poofed off the planet. Check here if this happened to you?  white_check_mark white_check_markwhite_check_mark

-Lotz

Message 24 of 32
latest reply

They don't buy the coasters, The beer companies give it to them to promote their beer

Message 25 of 32
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

tyler@ebay 

From the batch of 200 + that I did in August there were numerous listings where it ported incorrect information. Examples included colours. Light Blue became Blue. Numbers. 3.25" became 325". There were others. Just not easy to catch when something is being modified when it was created correctly originally. There have also been many reports of conflicts with clothing. Since those 200 were done, I've also had several come up as re-requiring updating multiple times.

-Lotz

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies - thanks for letting me know. I've gotten this input shared with the appropriate team. You can also send examples to sdsupport@ebay.com for review as well. 

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 26 of 32
latest reply

@motomike_parts wrote:

Hi I had asked about store selling fee caps on the general board, but figured I'd ask directly - 

I opened a new store Aug 29, listed an item sept 6, and it sold sept 7. I'm looking at my current account activity, and it shows the FVF for that listing as being $350+HST = 395.50.

The cap for Motors is supposed to be $250 according to Store Selling Fees article:

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/store-selling-fees?id=4122

I called CS, and was basically told since the invoice wasn't printed and I'm just looking at the line-item, they can't see exactly what was billed, or do anything about it (yet).

Looking on the .com also, and the US fees appear to be 350(USD) but the store and the item were both on .ca site.. (also 350usd is like 450CAD..) so that should be irrelevant... 

please let me know.. 

Hi @motomike_parts - it looks like you may have already gotten this addressed by CS, but I will also escalate the larger question (is this a tech issue/policy change/outdated Help Page) and let you know as I hear back. 

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 27 of 32
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

Post and run but: 

Have we had any word about multiple bank accounts on Managed Payment IDs?

Have we had any word on adding American bank accounts to Canadian Managed Payment accounts?

Hi @femmefan1946 - No word on either. There was a brief moment of excitement last week but it turned out to be a cleverly worded reference to API calls in different currencies (not payout bank accounts, or multiple account support). I'm still hopeful we'll see it, as it's a very pressing issue for a majority of Canadian sellers. And let's be honest, it would be a win for every seller. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 28 of 32
latest reply

@universal-solder wrote:

Hi Tyler,

I am afraid to be too late, but the problem just arose:

A quick search for 18650 size lithium cells revealed 3000+ listings, but our listing 264867868009 was suppressed (deleted) because "selling of lithium cells on eBay is not permitted"?

I have a strong feeling that someone who likes to play god is losing their mind.

Why the heck is eBay cancelling regular products? And why only my product, and not the 3000+ other still available for sale?

I need an answer, and I need an explanation of how this happened.

Thank you.

Volker

Hi @universal-solder - 18650 batteries are not allowed to be listed unless they are included with a product or accessory specifically designed to use 18650 batteries. If your listing was for loose batteries that would be why it was removed. 

As to why there are other listings still up, I know that our safety and security teams work to remove listings in violation of policy. I'll let them know that you're seeing so they can make sure the policy is enforced appropriately.

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 29 of 32
latest reply

@bunbar wrote:

Hi Tyler, I haven't received a Weekly Session email since April, so I thought they had been stopped.  Glad to see they weren't

I have a question about listing beer coasters. There is a category just for this so I don't understand why one of my listing was removed. It says "Your listing was reported by Anheuser-Busch InBev S..A. for offering a counterfeit item" How can it be counterfeit when they are given to the bars for advertizing their beer? This is where I get them, by going into bars and asking if I can take some.

Hi @bunbar - Oh no, the chats are still on every Wednesday (unless I'm out of the office). 

It sounds like your item received a Notice of Claimed Infringement from a rights owner via the VeRO program (you can read more about it here). This is a situation in which eBay has little say - we remove the item in question at the rights owners say. 

In the email you received from us about the removal, you should have a contact email address for the rights owner themselves. You'll want to send them an email to work out where their concern is and if they are comfortable with you listing the items again. 

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 30 of 32
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Thanks for joining this week's extended chat!

It's closed from further replies, but we'll have a new one open tomorrow sometime. 🙂

Tyler,
eBay
Message 31 of 32
latest reply

tyler@ebay wrote:

@motomike_parts wrote:

Hi I had asked about store selling fee caps on the general board, but figured I'd ask directly - 

I opened a new store Aug 29, listed an item sept 6, and it sold sept 7. I'm looking at my current account activity, and it shows the FVF for that listing as being $350+HST = 395.50.

The cap for Motors is supposed to be $250 according to Store Selling Fees article:

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/store-selling-fees?id=4122

I called CS, and was basically told since the invoice wasn't printed and I'm just looking at the line-item, they can't see exactly what was billed, or do anything about it (yet).

Looking on the .com also, and the US fees appear to be 350(USD) but the store and the item were both on .ca site.. (also 350usd is like 450CAD..) so that should be irrelevant... 

please let me know.. 

Hi @motomike_parts - it looks like you may have already gotten this addressed by CS, but I will also escalate the larger question (is this a tech issue/policy change/outdated Help Page) and let you know as I hear back. 

Thanks!

Hi @universal-solder  - some updates for you. The Help Page on this topic is outdated and being updated today (thanks for the report!). The Final Value Fee cap for Basic and Premium stores was changed early last year (link here). So based on what you've stated, it sounds like you were originally charged the correct fee. 

We announced 

Edit: Sorry, I tagged the wrong person! This was meant for @motomike_parts 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 32 of 32
latest reply