Im using Canada Post Tracked Parcel-USA

kaluncho
Community Member

Im using Canada Post Tracked Parcel-USA to ship my item to USA buyers and Tracked Pacel-USA charges fix prices, lets say an item under 500g, their service fee is $15.75.

But I'm wondering:

1)is this $15.75 including Customer Fee or Import Fee or Fuel Fee from Canada to USA?

2)if it is not included, do i pay for the Fees, or do buyers pay for it?

3)if buyers pay for it, do buyers pay me or pay the boarder? and when do they pay it?

Thank you 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

The $15 is postage.

There is no fuel fee or tax on exported postage over $5.

The buyer may have to pay his own nation's duty or sales taxes/Value Added Tax plus a service/brokerage fee on his doorstep before the carrier will turn the parcel over to him.

It is the buyer's responsibility to know what those duties or taxes may be. Not the seller's.

Americans can import $200 USD without duty or sales taxes.  (Canadian border fees theoretically start at $20CDN - about $16USD but our border officials often ignore low value imports.)

None of your items are valuable enough for this to be a concern.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

mg152
Community Member
The US tends to not charge import fees on items that are high value. Lots of times, they just let it go. It's pretty lax unless it's a really high value item.

They're supposed to collect on anything over $200 USD but they don't always do it.

I've never paid import tax on anything.
RIP Jann & Charlie Keller. You followed each other to heaven too soon. We miss you both!

Be nice to other people! You don’t know what’s going on in their life.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply