Never mind the PUSH ADDS for Canadians, get rid of the 'Global Shipping Program' that affects Canadi

rkr83
Community Member

Never mind the PUSH ADDS for Canadians, get rid of the 'Global Shipping Program' that affects Canadian buying trends on eBay! UPS was bad enough with their outrageous broker fees and now the low dollar. EBay is only hindering Canadian buying with this hideous program that insults Canadian intelligence! If Canadians buy privately (non eBay) we don't have to we don't have to use this money grabbing scheme. If the item is under $100 customs will most of the time pass it through. Nothing but greed here! 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Never mind the PUSH ADDS for Canadians, get rid of the 'Global Shipping Program' that affects Canadi

Of course , you could always buy Canadian.  Smiley Wink

Seriously, the GSP is totally inappropriate for Canadian buyers.

As well as the point you make about CBSA's informal policy basically to ignore imports valued under $100 or so (the legal standard is $20 CDN or less. That's about $18USD), the dumb decision to enroll newbie sellers by default and to make it difficult for them to drop out either single items or entirely, means that the least equipped sellers are the ones getting the new sales.

Which they are totally unequipped to handle.

If you spot a Conservative candidate during the election campaign, you might try to encourage him to help bring the $20 shipped goods standard up to $200 to match the cross-border shopping standard.

The $20 has been in place since 1985.

Let's move into the 21st century.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Your first comment was absurd, is the GSP graft?...with the conventional way of shipping I have never paid HST under $100 and sometimes under $200! I will not use this GREEDY, RIPOFF, CROOKED system! Yes let's get into the 21st century! PS--the kudo above was accidentally clicked and I want it removed along with the intercoursing GSP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Message 3 of 3
latest reply