Archive 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

eBay Restricting use of outdated Internet Security Protocol

Hi eBay Members, eBay has decided to restrict the use of outdated Internet Security Protocol, SSL 3.0, because we have determined that it does not meet our standards. As such, some Turbo Lister users could see some connectivity issues. For more infor...

Holiday Returns available in Turbo Lister

Hi Turbo Lister Users, The option to apply Holiday Returns in Turbo Lister is now available in the Beta version of the program. When deciding whether or not to be a Beta user, please keep in mind that the beta versions aren't free of bugs, nor are th...

HolidayReturns.jpg

Recent Issues w/Turbo Lister Sign In

Hi Turbo Lister Users, A recent Windows update has caused some programs, including Turbo Lister, to crash. To sign-in to Turbo Lister before the improved Windows update is released, please follow these steps: Open Internet Explorer Open the Tools men...

50% OFF Listing Fees for the rest of January

Hi Everyone, Just passing on information in case you did not receive an e-mail from eBay regarding the 50% OFF Listing Fees that eBay.com and .ca have going on starting on January 3rd for 1 and 3 day auction style listings. Here's the link for those ...

Anyone know how to file complaint with ebay for the following...

I bought something last week and the seller invoiced me $4.50 in shipping despite the auction clearly stating the shipping as $2.66 to Canada. I have emailed the seller twice about this with no reply. I used the contact us link to see if there was a ...

What Can I do to end a Dispute?

OK I have had this real Pain in the AS? Buyer That opened a Paypal dispute for item not received as we all know or most of us Know that Paypal Holds the Funds. Now this Turkey emails me saying he got his item and has not closed the dispute hence my m...

Happy New Year!

Good Morning All! A quick note to wish each and every one of you a very Happy New Year! Best wishes! Susan momoftwingles2

E-cheques and Paypal shipping

Has anyone noticed that, as of recently, Paypal has blocked the ability to print shipping labels for uncleared e-cheques (started about 2 weeks ago)? Xena

User avatar by Community Member
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

New Tax topic

I have an important question regarding government taxes. When you go and report to the government about sales on ebay. The only taxes you have to pay for are the sales you made to Canadian buyers only right? WHat about US and international buyers? Fo...

This is why I Love Ebay

Recently I have been purchasing some die~cuts, they are for Scrapbooking. You don't even have to understand what they are, but I just got an awesome deal. I got 2 2nd chance offers from same Seller. I purchased both items for I thought $4.75 each and...

MY FAVORITE FEEDBACK RECEIVED

This feedback really put a smile on my face: Received great item in timely manner and for excellent price. Got me laid. A++++ Of course I could not resist a reply: Reply by gifts_of_elegance (12-Dec-08 07:50): Sometime it really pays to give that spe...

Is there some kind of slowdown at CP?

I have never had so many buyers open disputes over shipping like this b4 is there some kind of slowdown going on at CP? Parcels taking 3/4 weeks to the USA, Expedited Parcels unreal I know it gets busy during the Holidays but this is nuts Think Mayby...

EU Custom's limits

Can anyone confirm that the EU is, as of 31.12.08, adopting the same personal importation limits (150 Euros) for mail order transactions, effectively matching existing limits for air travellers entering via non-Eu countries? Thanks Bernie

Reminder to GST/HST registered sellers

This is the time of the year when Revenue Canada (CRA) mails the 2008 GST/HST return for sellers with a December 31 yearend and who file once a year. Most sellers know how to calculate their sales and GST/HST payable but, for those who are unfamiliar...

Did you know we missed a half price listing day?

The Canadian announcement board has not posted anything new since November 23, 2008. Information Central on the right side of this Canadian Power Seller Discussion Board has not posted anything since November 24, 2008. The US announcement board shows...

• 12 replies
  • 0 helpful

How to attract customers

Below an alleged copy and paste from an eBay listing. Wonder where his/her DSR's at at? Winning bidder must make payment within five days after auction end. Failure to pay within seven days will result in the posting of a Non-Paying Bidder Alert. Fai...

• 10 replies
  • 0 helpful

So how about that Candian dollar?

I'm camping out trying to decide when to trade in my USD for CDN$. I've been checking the exchange rate and it keeps going down...is now about 17% from PP. I'm still holding out. Think the CDN is going to drop after New Years. Any thoughts?

POWER SELLER ICON next to eBay ID optional ???

Anyone care to look at the following auction.... 200283588161. I have often wondered how eBay can permit someone to advertise so blatantly that they are a POWER SELLER- yet totally disregard eBay's policy. eBay POLICY: ''According to the eBay Powerse...

OFF TOPIC: Anyone ever take VIA Rail across Canada AND....

Hi All, Curious if anyone has taken VIA Rail across Canada. I will be traveling with our three daughters in November from Saskatoon to Ottawa and then back again in late December. (Our oldest daughter is expecting her second baby in early December.) ...

Feedback extorsion - what should I do now?

I just got this: "Your email states that the map was shipped immediately, but I have not received it yet. Has it truly been shipped? It was part of a Christmas gift. Please respond soon, or I will give bad feedback." Any idea what sould I do now..?

New ebay "rewards" for seller

Other crap from ebay regarding the New ebay "rewards" for seller. Because of the high shipping cost of Canadapost, I believe only those "Sell to Canada only" seller can get the 20% off FVF rewards. http://pages.ebay.ca/sell/June2008Update/Details/ind...

Yeaaaah!...just got my first 20% PS Discount!

And I have to thank the Powersellers here for some useful tips. I've always been extremely fair with my customers but some weren't showing it in their DSR's. I had a great shipping confirmation letter and a great thank you note but tweaked it with th...

Christmas..Should I wait?

With the holidays almost in effect, should I wait to list more items? or would the holidays be an advantage with people off work? Or is it a disadvantage? Most people have already spent hundreds of dollars getting ready for Santa...Will they have any...

Chinese Auction ?

Is it possible to run a chinese auction and if not, what would the alternative be for a charity auction ?

• 9 replies
  • 0 helpful

Charge Back Help

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has any experience with dealing with large orders being shipped overseas. I have a large order that was ordered by someone in Singapore (approx. $5000.00 worth). (This particular order is a website order not eBay.) He is...

Uneducated buyers!!!!!!!

There seems to be a new trend happening with new buyers. Last week a 0 FB buyer purchased 3 identical items, separately, from one FP listing (she did not select 3). The she emailed me and said there must be an eBay "glinch" (her spelling) and that sh...

SETTING AUTOMATION PREFERENCES...??

Well, I am fairly new to setting the above preferences, and the help screen within eBay indicates the following: To change Automation Preferences: In the My eBay Views section, click the "Automation Preferences" link. On the Selling Manager Pro Prefe...

Regarding 30 days for one low fee!

Greetings and Merry Christmas to all! Just wondering if anyone has heard if Ebay is planning to make their "30 days for one low .35 cent fee" promotion a permanent option in 2009? I snooped a bit but could find no info on this. Mondothanks!

Buyer overypaying....

Now this is a new one on me. A buyer purchased 2 items on Sept. 28 and emailed me twice asking for my address so he could send payment. Both had PayPal only as payment options. He contacted me and said he was having trouble setting up a PP account an...

PayPal exchange rates when withdrawing funds to bank account

For two days I have tried to withdraw funds to my bank account but stop the transaction because the exchange rate PayPal is giving me is almost 9% below mid-rate. They use the same currency converter (Universal Currency Converter), but the rate has c...

• 15 replies
  • 0 helpful

About PayPal exchange rate...

Hey, I kept an eye on the US/Canada currencies exchange rate (on www.xe.com) these days. Canadian dollar lost almost 3 cent since 3 days, but in PP the exchange rate is not changing at all, it's exactly the same rate it was 3 days ago. Also, I had th...

Unanswered Questions
No posts to display.