Seller won't ship my package, shipping company hasn't even recieved package yet

Hi there, I bought an item on Sept 01 and it's scheduled to be delivered between Sept 19 and Oct 25. The problem is that it's already Sept 22 and the item has not even been shipped yet. My ebay account says it's been shipped but the tracking hasn't updated and I phoned DHL the shipping company and they haven't even received the item yet.

Do I have to wait until Oct 25 to apply for my money back. It seems obvious I'm not getting this package. I have reached out to the seller a few times but he just keeps saying he's checking with DHL to see what the issue is, although I know the issue is the seller and not DHL ( which by the way DHL has always been excellent in the past )

If anyone can give me some advice that would be great. I suppose I could wait until Oct 25 to get my $ 400 dollars back but it seems silly when it's obvious what's happening.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Did the seller give you a tracking number from DHL?

That is the information you want and need.

If he has handed it in and can give you a tracking number,  then the problem is with DHL.

If he hasn't ....

So get that number.

The seller and his shipper have another month to deliver your purchase.

Where is it coming from that it will take nearly two months to arrive? By camel train from Uzbekistan?

There is cheap shipping and there is fast shipping. If you don't want to pay for fast shipping, you will not get fast shipping.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Yes I did get a tracking number but it hasn't updated since Sept 02, and the only info on it, is that DHL got the shipping info. It hasn't even gone into accepted status. I phoned DHL to confirm and yes they confirmed that they have the info for the delivery but haven't got the item yet. So it looks like the seller initially set this up with DHL but has not brought them the actual item yet and DHL has not accepted any item yet.

Why after 22 days has the seller not even gone to the post office ?
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Sorry forgot to mention this is coming from China to Canada. A few weeks ago I ordered another item from China from another seller who was using the same shipping company and I received it in less than a week. DHL is great. I ordered something from Pakistan from another seller who was using DHL and I received it in about 5 days.

I don't mind waiting for the package. I get stuff from China all the time and sometimes it takes a month or two, I get that, but when you have a tracking number that's not updating and the shipping company even says they don't have it yet, it seems pretty suspicious when I have already been waiting 22 days. I wouldn't mind waiting the whole period if the tracking number has some more activity on it or if the shipping company said they have it.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Assuming you used PayPal to submit payment, I'd go to their Resolution Centre and see if you can open an INR case at this point. The terms of their protection for sellers and buyers is a bit different. Be clear you want your money back, and that you have lost faith in the seller, or you may be asked to wait for a replacement which may invalidate your case for a refund. Also, pay close attention to your timelines and deadlines indicated for actions. Those are important. Good luck.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Sorry,

INR = Item Not Received
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I replied elsewhere on the post but I will mention here also that a seller has only a short timeframe to actually ship the item or they void their seller protection. I agree that something does not seem right with this. Go to palpal's Resolution Centre and see if they will allow you to open a case at this point in time.
Message 7 of 7
latest reply