Archive 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

eBay Restricting use of outdated Internet Security Protocol

Hi eBay Members, eBay has decided to restrict the use of outdated Internet Security Protocol, SSL 3.0, because we have determined that it does not meet our standards. As such, some Turbo Lister users could see some connectivity issues. For more infor...

Holiday Returns available in Turbo Lister

Hi Turbo Lister Users, The option to apply Holiday Returns in Turbo Lister is now available in the Beta version of the program. When deciding whether or not to be a Beta user, please keep in mind that the beta versions aren't free of bugs, nor are th...

HolidayReturns.jpg

Recent Issues w/Turbo Lister Sign In

Hi Turbo Lister Users, A recent Windows update has caused some programs, including Turbo Lister, to crash. To sign-in to Turbo Lister before the improved Windows update is released, please follow these steps: Open Internet Explorer Open the Tools men...

Outlook Express 6 Problem - Help!

I have been using Outlook Express 6 as my email client for a couple of years with absolutely no problems. Had it on all day yesterday with no problem. Shut off my laptop at work and took it home. Later in the evening went to check emails and Outlook ...

See You in a Couple of Months!!!

While shoplineca will have listings on eBay and will continue selling, I will be away on a business contract locked in a court house for a 5-week trial in Sudbury, following 2-weeks of prepping for the trial in Toronto. My son Braydon (partner in our...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Help - another Paypal pending transaction problem

Further to an earlier thread started by Shooger, I'm having a problem with a German buyer using funds transfer. This woman bought several books BIN from my eBay store, and immediately sent an 'Ask seller a question' email asking for a combined shippi...

• 9 replies
  • 0 helpful

NO MORE LINKS, Emails, Web Page??????

This was posted on the US Power Seller Board this morning. Recently I suggested that it appears that eBay may eliminate Buyers from being able to email Sellers directly and it now appears that new procedures are being introduced to eliminate any link...

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Picture hosting

I am looking for a picture hosting site. I am having problems with Boomspeed - can't get on for days now. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks North-of-55

Someone wants us to sell an orginal Robert Batman limited print NEED HELP

Need a little help We had a Customer bring in to our Ebay drop off store a Robert Batman print . It's on a canvas , they have all of the documents with it . Its a collectors item , 13 of 1 of 50 printed . The item is worth around $4500.00 . They woul...

PayPal question for long-time PP users

I'm registered on, and do all my selling on the .com site and I'm trying to figure out how to get Canadian sales taxes charged on PayPal invoices. Right now, I have the 7% GST listed in the Regional Sales Tax section, but how about HST and PST? Is th...

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Looking for ACTUAL wholesale products

I have been looking to move into selling new products instead of the used i sell at the moment ,so i registered as a business and started looking for suppliers in Canada and the USA and of the 100's i contacted i would say 99.9% of them we resellers ...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Business Suppliers and Templates

Hi, Just wanted to know if anyone can recommend where to print out some of these supplies out. Whether a personal computer and printer will do the trick, or do Powersellers go out and get it printed from printers. Any help will be appreciated. Thank ...

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

eBay font size really small now?

Has the font size gone way down? My auctions appear to be in extremely tiny font, as do the threads and posts in this forum. But all the other websites I use are still in the normal font size. I noticed this about a month ago, and then it seemed to g...

• 16 replies
  • 0 helpful

Any known Singapore/BidPay Scams

I've just been sent a message from a fellow in Singapore, saying that he will be paying for my item shortly, via BidPay. He had clicked on the "Buy it Now" button on my auction, even though my listing stated that I only ship to US and Canada. He clai...

***eBay Workshop: Understand the VeRO Program, Wednesday, August 25, 2004, 4-5 PM ET***

Topic: eBay Workshop: Understand the VeRO program Host: eBay Staff Date: Wednesday 08/25 Time: 16:00 - 17:00 ET Location: Canadian PowerSeller Board Description: Have you received an email with regards to VeRO? What is VeRO? How can a seller work in ...

Problem paying Ebay Fees using Paypal Credit Card

Hello all, anyone else having trouble using PPCC to pay ebay fees? The transaction will just get expired after 10 days of payment. Seems like paypal doesn't want us to get the cashback when using the Credit Card. Jeff

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

HELP!! Taxes charged on shipping cost!

I just purchased an item from a seller. The item was $76.05 USD + an inflated $25 for shipping within Canada. I get the invoice and they are trying to tax me on the cost of shipping. The last time I checked, it was only companies providing the shippi...

Half Price listing day

Just got a notice that Aug 31 is half-price listing day, with the exception of the list below. What does that mean? Are sellers who sell internationally excluded from this promo? I don't understand???? "Fixed price, eBay Motors vehicles, Ad Format, I...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Canada Post 10 - 15 % Discount

Are any powersellers taking advantage of this. I already have a 5 % discount with my Canada Post venture business card. The information link talks about a 10 - 15 % discount on over the counter prices, but further reading seems to indicate that this ...

• 12 replies
  • 0 helpful

Does anyone find MarketWorks (AuctionWorks) confusing?

I have registered about 3 times on seperate occasions and have cancelled 1 month later each time just because I cant figure the system out, is anyone else using MarketWorks? and if so, has it been easy to use? Thanks for the input. Moez

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Opinion Please on charging Sales Tax when not mentioned in the listing.

On another board a newbie has asked about a seller who is trying to collect sales tax when it is not mentioned in the listing. I have tried to find something on eBay help pages about this. Anyone have any thoughts on the right way to handle this. Tha...

importing from China need help

Hi there I would like to know if anyone out there has had any experience importing from China or Taiwan or any of these type of countries. What I need to know is what procedures do I need to follow do I need to contact Canada customs etc. I am lookin...

NEG feedback need to understand??

Hi All, I just had a person leave me a NEG feedback. Now this was for an item that wasn't paid for and I had got my FVF back over a month ago. First how can this person leave me feedback when he never paid for the item and also ebay gave me the fees ...

• 15 replies
  • 0 helpful

Items near me?

.ca used to have a option to select regions... toronto, vancouver, winnipeg, edmonton, calgary, etc. This seems to have been replaced? now with items nearest me - a sort based on distance. Am I missing something or is the old regional thing gone?

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

My eBay not indicating auctions are paid for?

My eBay is no longer showing that auctions have been paid for (by PayPal). It has been going on for a couple days now. I use email and My eBay to coordinate my shipping, so this isn't helping things. Recently, it was the emails not showing up. Now th...

• 12 replies
  • 0 helpful

High volume unique lists...suggestions?

Currently I am using the seller manager software. I was wondering if there is any better way I can go about listing a large amount of unique items without paying extra fees. Any ideas would be helpful.

Anybody know the mascot names?

I know the moose is "Baywinkle" (how come eBay didn't get slapped with "copyright infringement" on that one?) but what about the little hockey-puck headed hockey player and the beaver with the "Smokey the Bear" hat? I was at "On the Road" in Victoria...

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

Featued Item Getting Buried?

Hello Everyone...would like to know if anyone else has had this problem recently! 3 weeks ago, I put up a listing and paid for it to be a featured listing. I had a quantity of 100 listed, and sold almost all of them over the 10 day listing. Consideri...

This is New - Bid Amounts Are Showing

I wonder if this is a new feature or a programming error? If you look at an existing item with bids and click on the bid history (even though the item has not closed), it will now show not only the userid's of the existing bidders, but also the bid a...

Canada Post - Hard to believe, but ....

the clerk in my local post office tells me she has heard that there will be 'significant price increases' as of January 2005. The rumour she heard referred to letter post, US and Domestic - she had no information on small packet or expedited. Anyone ...

• 37 replies
  • 0 helpful

New Method of Replying To Inquiries Is A Pain In the A$$

Recently ebay started adding the feature that questions on an item are now held within the actual item, so if you call up the item, at the top you will get a notification that you have #___ questions regarding this item. So now you are suppose to hit...

***Testimonials Needed from Sellers who use eBay Auction Management Tools***

I am looking for quick "testimonials" of individuals/businesses that use eBay auction management tools (SA Pro, SA Basic, Seller Manager Pro, and Turbo Lister). There is no absolute number that I am looking for, however, three to five would be great!...

I'm back

After a few months without status, I am back. Miss these exclusive boards and its contributors. Miss the fast email service too. Many thanks to Jason at powerseller support. reliable-quality ( previously stats-one )

Unanswered Questions
No posts to display.