Do I ship items before managed payment is cleared to my bank or wait until money from sale ?

Just confused about when to ship items?Do I wait for cleared payment into bank?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Do I ship items before managed payment is cleared to my bank or wait until money from sale ?

tyler@ebay   Let's get it from the horse's mouth.

And, if we are shipping before payment is released, how can we be sure that we will ever be paid? Will eBay cover the seller in case the buyer  pays then cancells the payment, which happened to a naive newbie not long ago?

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Re: Do I ship items before managed payment is cleared to my bank or wait until money from sale ?

If you wait for cleared payment at the bank you will need to change  your handling time as we are still expected to ship within that time.  The way that I understand it, when ebay tells you to ship, the payment is at a change where it is safe to ship.  I don't recall if that stage is processing or pending or ?? 

I personally haven't  heard about a seller shipping when MP told them it was ok to do so and then having a problem with the funds being cancelled or not going through because of insufficient funds.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member

I think it would be the same idea as an Interac or credit card purchase from a merchant with a point of sale terminal: The purchase will go through if the buyer has the funds in their bank account or room on their credit card, and then clear once it’s processed by the buyer’s and merchant’s financial institutions.

But don't take my words as Gospel.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

tyler@ebay   Let's get it from the horse's mouth.

And, if we are shipping before payment is released, how can we be sure that we will ever be paid? Will eBay cover the seller in case the buyer  pays then cancells the payment, which happened to a naive newbie not long ago?

@reallynicestamps - all whinnies aside, @pjcdn2005 is correct. When an order appears in eBay as Awaiting Shipment, it means the buyer has provided their payment information to eBay, and it’s time for you to ship the order.  eBay will not ask you to ship an order until the buyer has completed their payment.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 5 of 5
latest reply