$1 FVF promo for this weekend, July 20-21, 2019

By invite only -- check your promo section on ebay.CA or your emails

Benefit: If the qualified item sells, only a $1 FVF on item value and $1 FVF on shipping (if you do not have free Canadian shipping).

First 5 listings made after you activate the offer have the benefit if the listing sells. So get your high value listing ducks in order before activating.

Listings must be on www.ebay.ca or www.cafr.ebay.ca

Certain categories are excluded. Read the fine print at https://pages.ebay.ca/promo/2019/0720/selling.html

-..-

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

@ypdc_dennis 

So if someone has GTC ending on a regular basis, was there ever a suggestion/workaround for using this particular type of offer for the listings you wanted it applied to? I remember it was suggested as a possible foreseeable problem in the past, but really don't recall any sort of a  solution. Appears the only way would be to have them as 99% ready in drafts.

-Lotz

PS. A seller could activate this offer and potentially have GTC listings reactivate in seconds before they even realized.

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

Ha! Thats a good point! I just activated it a few minutes ago and for fun checked it now and I'm already Used 5 available 0, so enough autorenewals happened to spend it anyway....!

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

@ricarmic 

Maybe sometimes they don't entirely think these things through! Hey, just saying!! I just checked the not allowed list. I had 4 food trucks and that Winnebago I've been dying to part with ready to go. Guess I have to save til next time!! 😞

-Lotz

On the last promotion...Don't recall which one...Total savings in FVF fees. 42 cents!!! Ummmm Yayyyyy???

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

Not listing those food trucks? Just as I was thinking I needed another income stream to supplement my pension.

I think the workaround for relisting GTC items and still qualify is to close them early and then Sell Similar.

But I wouldn't promise anything.

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

Wonder if this still fully applies or if it will be re-thunk? Especially if sellers are being forced with GTC listings for reasons that are no longer in their control. Regarding the food trucks haven't figured out how to get one in the neighbourhood mailbox.....Yet!!!!

https://ocsnext.ebay.ca/ocs/sr

Valid reasons for ending a listing:

• The item was lost, broken, or no longer available
  • A mistake was made when creating the listing, such as an incorrect starting or reserve price

Important things to know:

• Some restrictions and fees are associated with ending an auction-style listing early. You'll still be charged for listing the item (insertion fee), ending it early, and using any listing upgrades
  • There are no restrictions on ending a fixed price listing early
  • If you regularly end listings early, your account may be subject to limits and restrictions

-Lotz

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

Never had any warnings or restrictions ending listings early (and I have done it extensively over the years with the "free" BIN promos). Auction restrictions/penalties come into play only if you have bidders and end the auction early without selling.

As for auto-renewal GTC listings eating up the $1 promo -- sort your listings by time (in ending next order). Pick an empty gap in time to use. Then activate offer and immediately post your 5 high priced listings.

-..-

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

I very rarely cancel a listing early. Usually, the only reason would be when I have to because a buyer is unable to complete a transaction due to some glitch in eBay and it's the only way around things. As for being flagged, does anyone really know what the bots parameters are at any given time? This would not be the first time anyone has found something in eBay help that contradicts itself.

-Lotz

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

I activated this offer this morning & listed 5 very high items this afternoon. But now when I look at the offer on my promoted offers it says I haven't used any up & have 5 still to list. What the heck is going on with eBay. Nothing is working properly anymore.

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

Update. Just checked my promo again & it now says I have used 3 with 2 left. Maybe by tomorrow it with be correct & say that all 5 listings have been used with none left.

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

2budds
Community Member
I activated the promotion. Sold one item of the 5 I listed. They still charged me full FVF on sale and shipping. Cannot make contact. It is impossible.
Message 11 of 19
latest reply

Check to see that the listing was enabled for the offer.

You'll have to look in the expired section (since the free listing part of the offer has expired).  Then click on the the number used for a list of the IDs that have the offer.

web address to see a listing:  www.ebay.ca/itm/ID_number

Click on number usedClick on number usedlistings that have the promolistings that have the promo

-..-

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

Hi,

I receive this promo last week and activate it on my ebay.ca after I put 5 objects on sell and ebay take 0,34$ for each. And after midnight the promo disapear and disapear also from expired promos.
I wrote an email to ebay, they answear : the promo has to be activated in your account. I send them I screenshot that I had, but as I m using an ipad it was only the date and time of the promo saying that is active but not the hole page.
I reply saying how can i activate it in another account ? I have only one account and I put the objects in the same account and no answear from them.
And there's no way to contact them. The phone icone is not working on the website. So i dont know what to do. The problem I put items that I cannot sell with regular ebay fees !
Message 13 of 19
latest reply

@silvercoin2011 wrote:
... I receive this promo last week and activate it on my ebay.ca after I put 5 objects on sell and ebay take 0,34$ for each. And after midnight the promo disapear and disapear also from expired promos. So i dont know what to do. The problem I put items that I cannot sell with regular ebay fees !

I missed the part where you mentioned fees. The promo came with free listings which should have raised a warning flag for you when you went to post your first listing.

I looked at your 5 listings that you made for the last promo time period, and I see the issue: your quantity is not one for any of those listings. I ran into the same issue when I tried to list an item with a quantity of more than one for the promo.  The listing did not qualify for the promo (and no warning was given). Listing with quantity of one worked.

So you did activate the promo, but your 5 listings did not qualify.

If your listing had been 10 coins for $395.00 it would have worked, but not 10 coins at $39.50 each.

I know it hurts, but raise your prices by $3.50 to cover the fee difference.

It is something (quantity limit of one) that should have been mentioned in the promo details.

tyler@ebay 

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

I read the policies of the promos and it was 5 listings and 1$ of each object and 1$ from shipping no matter wich quantity. And at this time I add more quantity !!!

Message 15 of 19
latest reply

@silvercoin2011 wrote:

I read the policies of the promos and it was 5 listings and 1$ of each object and 1$ from shipping no matter wich quantity. And at this time I add more quantity !!!

The promo does not say that a listing with quantity of more than one is acceptable. The promo does not mention anything about quantity.  The fine print does say for 5 items (not for 5 listings).

Terms and conditions for the last $1 FVF promo:

https://pages.ebay.ca/promo/2019/0824/selling.html

Something that needs to be clearly stated in the rules and/or fixed.

tyler@ebay 

-..-

Message 16 of 19
latest reply

Thanks for the tag @ypdc_dennis!

We do try to differentiate wording in our T&Cs - using terms like 'listings' and 'items'. While this promo applied to items created or renewed after accepting it - a revision to update quantity would not count. 

I'll get this feedback sent to the promo team to see if there's a way to be a bit more specific! 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 17 of 19
latest reply

tyler@ebay 

This was asked before but as far I know but an answer was still being investigated. For Special Offer listing promos would it be possible for an option to be included something to the affect...Apply or Don't Apply. With listings ending and restarting due to GTC the only other way would be for a seller to create quickly as Drafts, Activate promo and and send immediately. Previously it was at thei leisure during the time window. Inadvertantly using a promo on a 10.00 listing makes no sense. When I tried to use a listing that was multiple quantity it did not accept but there was no message stating why. At the time the only explanation I could come up with was invalid category.

-Lotz

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies - there's nothing in the works that I'm aware of to offer that kind of feature with promotions. Good feedback though!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 19 of 19
latest reply