ANY PROBLEMS SHIPPING TO ITALY

Has anyone been shipping to Italy over the last 4 months.  Any shipping delays or problems?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

...Italy was always a problem to ship too, lost packages, late delivery, no delivery, open packages.

It's why I stopped shipping there a decade ago & nothing has changed. Italy is one of the worst EU countries to ship too.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

I've never had a problem shipping to Italy. I stopped shipping there because of Covid-19. I guess no one is shipping there at the moment because I haven't had any responses..... except yours of course.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Totally agree with you! I also stopped shipping to Italy many, many years ago...

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

From early February to late June I shipped 6 packages to Italy using ChitChats cheap service (not tracking).

I have received feedback for the first 5, delivery times were quite good. The one in early April was sent to a buyer located only 60km from "ground zero" of the pandemic, at that time there was still a full lockdown.

Over the years I have shipped more than 300 orders to Italy and never lost a single one, there were significant delays during the 2007 - 2009 period, that was the time when Italy acquired it's bad reputation (all a customs problem) due to massive backlogs at the incoming International mail centres. Those backlogs were cleared by the end of 2009 and it's been smooth sailing since then.

It should be noted that virtually all the people who complain about delivery times to Italy stopped shipping there over 10 years ago and have no current experience.

Throughout the pandemic I have been shipping to Europe, I've had two problem shipments, one to Spain and one to Greece, others have been slow but are getting there and recently some countries (UK, France, Germany) have been almost "normal" (10 - 14 days).

I have NO experience shipping via Canada Post or USPS, I imagine there are more problems that the ChitChats service (DHL Global Mail I think) which seem to be able to get packages to the hub in Frankfurt without much delay. USPS is especially bad because the majority of their stuff is being shipped to Europe via ocean freight.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

If you stopped shipping to Italy a decade ago how do you know that nothing has changed?

I can't answer the op's question as I haven't shipped to Italy in a while but in the past, I didn't have problems shipping there.  I agree that there were problems years ago but it improved quite a while ago.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

I had 3 shipments to Italy - 1 in March  - letter with postcards

2 in April - separate shipments  (letter + oversize letter)                                       

Everything was rec'd although for March letter I received feedback practically in almost 2 months

Two others approx. in 1 month

I consider it successful in view of Italy's situation with COVID

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

At the time I was Selling and shipping Ancient Coins and Collectibles. More often than not shipments to Italy became a nightmare as it is a high-value category ripe for fraud and still is to this day, it's also why I no longer sell these items on eBay. I have a Shopify Store for my Antiquities and Coins, and I still do not ship to Italy & I also have zero issues with false claims as they have to deal with my Store Policy and Shipping methods.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

I had a package with no tracking  "lost in transit" that I sent to Italy a year ago. I issued a refund  Now, I will not ship out of

North America unless the buyer agrees to pay for tracking, which can be quite expensive.

I believe the mail service in some countries like Italy is just not consistent and not worth

the risk.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply