About Alibaba

I've been reading posts about Alibaba here for some time and I just saw a news report on the site.

In the past I've gone there to check it out but couldn't see any opening for me to list and nothing of interest to buy either.

I'd love to list there because I've lost all my Asian eBay buyers recently.  (Where did they go?)

The items are sort of odd by our standards.

I'm lost as to why this site continues to be touted as up and coming competition for Amazon and eBay as well.

As far as I can tell the site will have to do a complete overhaul before it appeals to those of us who sell antiques.

What am I missing?

That said:  I did have the impression that they make their money by investing the money spent by buyers because it isn't released to sellers until the items are delivered.  Perhaps there are no fees?

I understand that some may disagree but I'm pretty sure paypal has been doing this on the sly for a very long time as well and perhaps this is why they're splitting paypal from eBay at this time?

(BTW:  Did anyone else notice that they recently stopped holding funds for new sellers or is that just me?)

I know this post is kind of garbled but I don't understand the appeal of Alibaba.

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: About Alibaba

So you won't answer the questions. Just a personal attack. Very intelligent argument!!! Avoidance is your strong suit.

Message 21 of 24
latest reply

@holdmygold2 wrote:

@73rhc wrote:
 You have sidestepped my question and comment about your hidden ID. ............... What are you afraid of?

Nut bars like you!

Message 22 of 24
latest reply

What's you real username? Chicken? Afraid? Paranoid?

Message 23 of 24
latest reply

This topic has been locked due to hostile comments and interpersonal disputes. Please help us keep the community a friendly and welcoming place for everyone. Li-leslie
-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 24 of 24
latest reply