About Signature Confirmation

Does anyone know how to deal with a more expensive item for which you'd normally ask for signature confirmation?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Are you using Canada Post? Tyler talks about it in the last post in the following thread.

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Selling-on-eBay/Canada-Post-not-getting-signatures-during-Covid-19-outb...

If it was me, I might look into whether or not I could request the post office to hold the item there for pick up and get a signature then.

tyler@ebayin the thread that I posted a link for you said that sellers would be covered. Does that mean that if they purchased signature confirmation but that the post office left the package at the front door as a 'safe drop' that the seller would be covered if an inr was filed?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Are you using Canada Post? Tyler talks about it in the last post in the following thread.

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Selling-on-eBay/Canada-Post-not-getting-signatures-during-Covid-19-outb...

If it was me, I might look into whether or not I could request the post office to hold the item there for pick up and get a signature then.

tyler@ebayin the thread that I posted a link for you said that sellers would be covered. Does that mean that if they purchased signature confirmation but that the post office left the package at the front door as a 'safe drop' that the seller would be covered if an inr was filed?

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I notice that PP is now offering netParcel which uses couriers to deliver at a slightly lower rate than Canada Post.

At least on the single parcel I used them for.

The parcel was picked up by Purolator.

Are couriers still demanding Signature Confirmation?  Or have they gone the same way as Canada Post, where the carriers signs that the parcel was delivered?

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Signature confirmation is not being used now whether you pay for it or not

Sending an expensive item - use Canada Post and insure it.

In my opinion Canada Post & USPS  still much safer and cheaper for the customer than Net Parcel or any carrier. You have to remember that carriers charge Boarder Fees both ways so that will be the last purchase you ever get from that customer.

I ship thought PayPal - never a worry.

Old enough to know better. Young enough to do it again. Crazy enough to try
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@rosscd57 wrote:

In my opinion Canada Post & USPS  still much safer and cheaper for the customer than Net Parcel or any carrier. You have to remember that carriers charge Border Fees both ways so that will be the last purchase you ever get from that customer.

Crossing the border to the States from Canada there should be no courier fees when the package is worth less than $800us. Going the other way from USA to Canada, until the new trade agreement kicks in, it is under $20cdn that has no border clearance fee.

-..-

Message 5 of 5
latest reply