Adding to (small packed) they option of, its they buyer responsible if its lost

For the love of everything that good. Please oooo Please, why is this option do not exist. Adding to no tracking packaging (small packed) they option of, if lost i dont pay back. Why i have to pays for loss packing.  

Can i add in my text, that if he take small packed without tracking, i am not responsible for any lost?

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@alary_sport wrote:

If you are like me, they are schedule to past at the office at 2pm to pickup all they items.  If you do this, there no bill so no proof of receiving the product (bull**bleep**). If you have a solution for this please let me know. i did call 2 times they post office, but i was bluntly repeded that it's not possible without tracking. haaaa. no small parcel for me then. pffff

You have the post office pickup your parcels from your office.  Those parcels that are picked up do not get scanned unless it is for a tracked service.  No way around that.

Small PACKET (not parcel) does not have Signature Confirmation or post office insurance. Shippo insurance that can be added for small packet does require you to take it to either a post office or a retail outlet (like Shoppers and other stores that deal with the post office) to get a scan for proof that it has been mailed.

You have your choice of easy (picked up) or cheap (visiting an outlet for a scan).

-..-

View solution in original post

Message 25 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Not allowed by eBay, Paypl, or credit card companies.

Message 2 of 31
latest reply

Maybe buyer uses untracked services at THEIR discretion and seller uses those services understanding a buyers concern with expensive shipping choices. Therefore no coverage for loss or damage and buyer AND seller are using at their own discretion. How many buyers want to pay 22.00 for a 10.00 item that is not a life-threatening emergency? Maybe a little less rules and a bit more common sense!!!

Douglas Rice: His funny disclaimer

-CM

Message 3 of 31
latest reply

Putting that in your listings is not going to do anything other than scare away potential buyers. They will be covered by the ebay MBG if there is no proof of delivery regardless of what you say in your listings.  It is up to you to choose the method of shipping that works best for you. 

Message 4 of 31
latest reply

Yes, more common sense.  The buyer paid for an item and they are entitled to receive it. If they don't, they get their money back. That seems quite sensible to me.

I don't believe that sellers use less expensive shipping so that their buyers benefit. They are using it so that they have more sales and along with those sales...they have to accept some extra risk.  In most cases, I don't think  that the risk is that great (experiences vary) but a seller can choose to use cookie jar insurance or buy third party insurance if they find that they are getting too many package lost claims.  Or change to a shipping service with delivery confirmation.

Message 5 of 31
latest reply

In the past...Seems like 1000 years ago, placing a bid or making a purchase was an actual commitment to buy. Now with these new remorse exceptions, anyone can back out of any purchase without having a reason. There is the potential for them to say something is "NAD" when they just needed a part to fix their item or they want to pay lower than low because of the whimsical rules. I have never filed a NAD in 12 years of eBaying. If I've used a non trackable service I did so at my descretion. Tough noogies me.  I like having the option of cheaper shipping so I offer it to my customers knowing they appreciated it also. On the back side of that, If you get dinged by a customer for high shipping costs, maybe its not the seller taking advantage of a customer, but instead because its what the post office charges and them not grasping those charges. The high shipping ding still rides. Not entirely fair. Buyers are much more likely to buy when they have choices and most customers understand those risks. The others are taking advantage of the rules in "some" of those cases. Who know's which ones exactly!!!

-CM

PS. Buyers that buy from overseas...China etc are doing so at their own discretion...They want free or very economical shipping along with their low priced purchase and "should" realize in advance its not going to be fast. Back to common sense theme. All they need to do is look at those seller's feedbacks before they buy to understand the potential for consequences. The reason buyers buy from overseas is because they can't find sellers with the stuff they want in N. America shipping at reasonable amounts because they refuse to give their buyers choices. One other old adage to throw in..."Ya pays your money, ya takes your chances!"

Message 6 of 31
latest reply

If selling you are responsible on ebay for the item to be DELIVERED not just shipped to the buyer.

If you find the risk to be too high you do not offer untracked as a shipping choice.

Or if you buy your label through Shippo you can add third party insurance for untracked Small Packet Air -- but you must get the package label scanned and a receipt at the post office/outlet as proof of mailing (used if there needs to be an insurance claim for loss).

-..-

Message 7 of 31
latest reply

What ding?
Feedback is not a ding to your Seller account.
Nor are DSRs.
EBAY does nit use them.
(Buyers do -the few that think a seller needs more than 95% feedback to be thought reliable.
Message 8 of 31
latest reply

Sorry Femmefan1946, guess I should have included the INR category. It's a jumbled mess now with the assortment of potential issues a seller could have and is held accountable for, especially when there are factors they have no control of. My main point was buyers leave "reports" that are not always entirely always truthful and they are accepted as gospel. Whether they are Feedbacks/NAD's/INR's, almost impossible to verify yet as a seller you are limited in action you can take against those buyers. Example INR. Item was stolen off a porch. How can a seller be held accountable for that?

-CM

Message 9 of 31
latest reply

Your right, i completely forgot about insurance on shippo. It maybe a good solution if they insure parcel that is not trackable. i will do the same for canada post.
Message 10 of 31
latest reply

My Idea:

- Seller is still responsible if package is "lost" if no tracking... but...

- all buyers now come with a "rating", it tells the seller how many times the buyer have claimed a package never arrived and got money back

- for Offer let the seller see the rating before accept

- for BIN or auction give the seller the option of not sending it to the buyer

or the ability to block them if the "rating" is 2 or greater (or even 1)

- basically screens out the dishonest buyers (and maybe a few with bad luck)

- I suppose a seller could still be scammed if a buyer creates account after account, but then let the seller NOT be on the hook if it happens to the same person with a new account again etc.

This would require a paradigm shift of thinking... protecting sellers from scammers, to lower costs / add comfort by shipping without tracking.

Message 11 of 31
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies

Example INR. Item was stolen off a porch. How can a seller be held accountable for that?

She isn't.

If the item is recorded by the carrier as Delivered (which means a Confirmation of Delivery  service was purchased)  the seller only has to provide the number as Proof of Delivery.

Bonus-- if the buyer loses the case, and he would, he cannot leave feedback.

Message 12 of 31
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies

My main point was buyers leave "reports" that are not always entirely always truthful

Which is no change from before.

Not As Described Disputes had to be refunded, and the seller always had the option of demanding a return before refunding.

Buyer Remorse requests/disputes, the buyer was responsible for return shipping.

Not Delivered disputes depend on a Proof of Delivery (which is not quite the same as Tracking).

The difference is that while eBay at one time might allow the seller to demand that the buyer always pay for return shipping, eBay is now making it clear to Buyers, that this is the Seller's responsibility when the item is Not As Described.

I have noticed that our American colleagues who are angriest about this are also  the most adamant that they do not allow Returns.

They seem very unclear on the concept that they can refuse Returns and refund.

Or they can pay for Returns and refund.

But they cannot refuse REFUNDS.

Is the buyer lying? Was the item badly described? Were the pictures fuzzy? Were there items in the picture that were not included in the lot being sold? Is the buyer incapable of understanding the product he bought?

Message 13 of 31
latest reply

I love this:

all buyers now come with a "rating", it tells the seller how many times the buyer have claimed a package never arrived and got money back.

Message 14 of 31
latest reply

I believe that would backfire in a big way: only honest buyers would be embarrassed by it and leave ebay for good should their humiliations be exposed for the world to see.

No, we are stuck trusting ebay to look out for our best interests.

What I would like to see is a number of Cancelled Orders instead of merely retracted bids.

Also, a more meaningful log in my Buyer Requirements which alert me to blocks of Buyers with Reports or Seller-Blocked Buyers still trying to buy my stuff. Not just Unpaid Item people anonymously, if they've already been blocked, I hardly care that they tried to buy it. Someone I personally blocked, however, who's back for more and perhaps readying themselves to create a new account is something I'd like to know about.

Message 15 of 31
latest reply

momcqueen...

by 'honest buyers' who would leave you mean that they would have

legit cases of INR?

just how often does the post office REALLY lose something for good though?

I just don't believe that would be happening that often.

and twice to the same person? next to nil. just my guess tho.

Message 16 of 31
latest reply

As disinterested third-parties, if we were to see another user had, for example, six per cent INR claims in the past 12 months, what does that mean? It could mean: (a) they made the mistake of buying from dishonest sellers (b) someone stole their mail (d) customs seized their mail and caused a six-month delivery delay (e) they are thieves (f) all of the above (f) none of the above.

And if the data said a new user had a 100 per cent rate of INR, what does that mean? It could mean nothing more than they bought one item from a jerk seller in a 12-month time period and that item never arrived because it never existed. So the buyer who hardly shops here is both ripped off AND publicly embarrassed because they essentially have been branded either unlucky, dumb, or a thief.

No, it’s just not a good idea.

If you want to know Canada Post’s understood rate of ‘lost’ items, call them to ask and we can compare what they tell you to what they told me and see if it matches. My last conversation with Canada Post about it was too long ago to be cited as current fact.
Message 17 of 31
latest reply

@momcqueen

What I would like to see is a number of Cancelled Orders instead of merely retracted bids.

The useful part of retraction records is that it helps us spot shill bidders. But not as much as removing masked bidder names, which may have helped with the SCO problem but had unintended consequences.

And while I agree that postal losses are vanishingly rare, delays are not. I believe that a lot of the INRs are items that will arrive a few days after the dispute is completed, especially if the item is arriving from the USA or Europe. (My one small sinophobic belief is that many INRs with Chinese sellers are cases of vapourware.)

Message 18 of 31
latest reply

mcrlmn
Community Member

"Can i add in my text, that if he take small packed without tracking, i am not responsible for any lost?"

You can add it all you want, as big as you want, and scream it from the mountain top, but it won't make a hill of beans difference when all is said and done.

You don't have a leg to stand on without tracking.

Charge S&H appropriately if you need peace of mind.

Message 19 of 31
latest reply

I don't disagree that seeing Retracted Bids is useful but if I'm considering a Best Offer from a buyer with 145 Cancelled Orders, I'm going to think twice before accepting it because chances are good the buyer will think 146 times before deciding whether or not to pay. But on the whole, that metric probably amounts to a whole hill of beans too when what I'm truly hoping to avoid is customers who waste my time and insertion fees (plus upgrades where applicable) waiting for a Cancel Order to close. Or people who open numerous remorse returns. You know, the time bandits.

Message 20 of 31
latest reply