Anchor store to Premium

What I am reading it that If you have a anchor store subscription you can change the store to a Premium or Lower with no fees..

From eBay Canada..**We're also pleased to share that the downgrade fee will be waived for all store subscription changes in the months of March and April**

But when I try this it what I get..

**If you change from a yearly to monthly subscription before the last calendar month of your yearly Store subscription, you will be charged an early termination fee of C $599.84..**

Thanks,

Lou

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Anchor store to Premium

Mine says I would owe $399 and change so not sure, might have to call and verify that I wont be charged lol!

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Just a guess but I expect that eBay will manually credit the termination fee if the March/April exemption applies.

Actually the message eBay sent out today clarifies the situation....

recped_0-1646868298634.png

If you downgrade before March 15th you will get a credit, if you downgrade after March 15 the termination fee will not be charged.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 16
latest reply

byto253
Community Member

I read the email "Sellers who adjust their Canadian store between March 1st and 15th will be credited and sellers who downgrade after this time period will not be charged, as long as you make the change before the end of April."

Maybe you pay them get a credit for that. I would like to see something more definitive with the charge notification. Worth a call or chat.  It looks like if you wait until the 16th there will be no charge.

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

Hi. Thanks for the info.. I guess I will have to call them in the USA.. I hope they know about this.. Is there anyone out there thay knows about this.. 

Lou

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

Is your store on .com or .ca ? The deal is only for .CA from what I see.
Message 6 of 16
latest reply

I called, I paid the 399.89 and she manually is crediting my acount. i should see it in withhin 48 hours she said. Wasnt sure what would happen at the 16th with the fee etc. If I dont see my credit in a few days i'll cal back lol with my record # from the call.

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

Great thanks I will do the same thing..

Best,

Lou

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

In am CA. and will call them tomorrow.. to get the offer

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

Don't phone!

You will get an undertrained subcontractor somewhere in Utah who is unclear on concepts like "Canada" and "currency exchange".

Use on of the social media accounts which are manned by actual employees with some authority.

https://twitter.com/askebay?lang=en

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/    -->Message button in upper right on landing page.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-do-I-contact-Customer-Support/m-p/32016431#M1783851

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

I got my credit tonight at 11:30, 6 hours or so since I talked on the phone.

When I called I reiterated a few times this is for ebay Canada just to be sure lol.

One thing I will lose downgrading is the special Anchor support line when I call (who I have never had issues with over the years) and she confirmed I would be routed to the "normal" customer line where other people complain about but for the amount of times I call in a year with an issue I'll take the $2800 savings over the year lol

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

regs43  just did it as he posted here it all worked out..

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

Me too.. Saving is the answer at this time.. eBay has been way to expensive recently..

Did it.. downgraded and waiting for the credit..

What does this mean:  Sellers who adjust their Canadian store between March 1st and 15th will be **credited**, and sellers who downgrade after this time period will **not be charged**, as long as you make the change before the end of April. 

Seems like the same thing??

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

At a guess this is because Annual Subscriptions are charged monthly and after March 15, we are in a new billing cycle and the new fees will be substituted.

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

@loulottshobbytoy wrote:

Me too.. Saving is the answer at this time.. eBay has been way to expensive recently..

Did it.. downgraded and waiting for the credit..

What does this mean:  Sellers who adjust their Canadian store between March 1st and 15th will be **credited**, and sellers who downgrade after this time period will **not be charged**, as long as you make the change before the end of April. 

Seems like the same thing??

The final result is the same, the route to get there is different.

Might have been simpler just to tell people they have to wait until after the 15th to downgrade but there would be pushback on that even though it would not make any difference.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 15 of 16
latest reply

Thanks.. Good man.. Appreciate..

Lou

Message 16 of 16
latest reply