And so it begins

The "where my item'.....

In these trying times yes the delivery system is going to be delayed.

I am known for being very snarky in my comments/reply's  

SO

can anyone draft a "give the system time to do it's job" reply  to "where my item" &  "item not received"  that  will not offend the masses.

cheers

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

And so it begins

Thank you for letting me know your purchase of....... has not been delivered yet.

EBay gives us March 31,2020 as the last date for delivery. 

It was shipped on March 1, 2020, using Canada Post Tracked Packet USA at the postal outlet on Fort Street in Victoria BC.

There are currently some disruptions to the postal services of both Canada and the USA, since postal workers are being sent home if they show signs of infection. While this slows delivery, there are no reports of major disruptions.

If your .............. is not delivered by March 31, 2020, please let me know and I will process a full refund.

The italics are there to  emphasize that you are not in the USA and that you are very aware of every package you sell. You obviously wouldn't use those in your actual Message.

And keep your Messages on the eBay Message Centre.

@ricarmic  has some good, tested  boilerplate letters too.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

And so it begins

@in-need-of-cash-too 

According to recent announcement from Canadapost they have implemented safe drop where feasible  to avoid contact between clerks and residents. (See other discussion for specifics.) Where safe drop is not feasible you will get a card or package will be in your community mail box when it fits. Delays ARE going to happen from time to time. Just the nature of the developing situation. Some sort of message directly inside eBay would be most helpful but for now we are on our own and best to just respond with "Patience is Key" with any difficult customers. A recent news story from the USA and CNN and the assorted delivery services.

https://whdh.com/news/mail-services-including-the-usps-and-fedex-will-continue-delivering-despite-co...

-Lotz

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

And so it begins

Here's the link to the "form letters" I use in a variety of situations, feel free to use what works for you!

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/RICARMICs-slow-delivery-MIA-Neutral-NEG-etc-form-letters...

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

And so it begins

Thank you

BUT

I'm looking for something that addresses the current C-19 Dynamic that has engulfed the world.

(item was international shipment done prior to the current scope of the C-19)

gently asking/informing buyers stuff will be slow, roll with it , it will get there.  do not panic.

A/the  typical "item delayed' message it not conveying the scope of the problem the system is facing.

cheers.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

And so it begins

Here's a quick adjusted version. The goal IMO is to leave the decision making up to them and to emphasize that if it does eventually arrive they should get back in touch to pay again.

Hi Thank you for your note! Your parcel was mailed Monday April 8. I certainly understand your frustration awaiting the parcel's arrival, delays like this are frustrating to us both! Unfortunately postal systems around the world and here are experiencing additional delays as a result of restrictions ( or implications if you prefer this word instead) resulting from the current worldwide pandemic. I do appreciate your patience to date, and would really appreciate it if you can wait another couple weeks or so before we decide the package is lost and I refund your money, but I will be ok whenever you decide. If it gets to the point that you think it has been long enough, please just send me a message and I will refund your money out of my own funds ASAP. Assuming the parcel does arrive after that, let me know and I’ll send another invoice so you can pay again (small parcels like this are not insured so I am out 100% if they do not arrive). Thank you in advance for your continued patience and have a great day! RICARMIC (Ron)

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

And so it begins

thanks RICARMIC (Ron)

that I can work with.

cheers.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

And so it begins

Where have you been noticing delays? I've shipped recently as yesterday to Canada and USA and all tracking so far is showing everything is A-OK...
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

And so it begins

I used to be like that, but I think I've gotten pretty good at this haha. Here's what I wrote to an American customer in a state bordering Lake Erie who was (nicely) complaining about items from the UK and elsewhere in Canada only taking a couple days:

Hi,

Canada to the UK is similar, 4-5 days usually. Those other shops in Canada must have been closer to you, like in Ontario or Quebec, a couple days from where I am in western Canada to your state I've honestly never heard of. Still, it is very unusual to be taking this long, and I'm very sorry about that. As for tracking, Canada Post isn't smart like USPS - they don't provide tracking numbers for the basic airmail rate, its an added expense. Unless its a high end item or the customer requests it, it is honestly just not necessary to add a tracking number for mail from here to the US - the system between our countries really is this reliable - except when this happens and it would have helped to have had it to give you peace of mind.

Unfortunately, once I mail an item, anything that happens to it and timeline of delivery is beyond my control. I know it doesn't help, but please know this does not happen very often, and Im very sorry it has happened here.

I have no doubt it is several days away tops, so even though its really difficult right now with all this added stress with the COVID stuff, I'd ask you to be patient and know it is coming, it's just been unexpectedly and unfortunately delayed somewhere along the way. 

Best regards,

me

(five times so far this year already a customer has written about an item not showing up and literally the next day it arrives....it happened most recently on Sunday. haha)

best of luck everyone 

Message 9 of 9
latest reply