Another attack on Canadian Sellers

bcwet
Community Member

I had noticed a decrease in my Canadian sales so I thought I would look up some of my items in the search lists.

To my shock and utter dismay all of my listings is search results were coming up with a 17 dollar and change shipping cost. when I clicked in the listing however the right shipping cost was there but in search results using price & shipping lowest first it puts us beneath gsp sellers from the states. Is this deliberate? sure seems like it to me.

Then I checked other Canadian sellers with and without stores using calculated shipping and buy it now and they have the same thing happening to them.

I have also noticed that american sellers who are not using gsp are showing up in .ca as shipping not specified but again they are showing up above Canadian sellers.

The only sellers with the correct shipping costs in search results lists are those that offer free shipping, fixed price shipping and auctions. Oh ya and americans using gsp.

Comments Anyone????

Message 1 of 66
latest reply
65 REPLIES 65

Re: Another attack on Canadian Sellers

The "flaw" is actually the $4/$5 service charge from Pitney Bowes which is included in the shipping charge in the listing but somehow does not appear in the search result page.

For items selling under Cdn$20 the Pitney Bowes service charge (handling fee) is included in the shipping charge, for listings valued at Cdn$20+ the service charge (handling fee) is incorporated with the duty (if applicable) and taxes as "import charges".

I suggest you ask the staff at eBay.ca if they are aware of the problem and what they are doing to fix it.  They have a Board Hour every Wednesday: http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Weekly-Board-Hour-Session/bd-p/23000000073

Message 61 of 66
latest reply

You know, Pierre, I will not ask them - this Pitney-Bowes involvement was initiated by eBay.com and our representatives can not change it. 

With all our objections to it, seems that this subject was discussed many times before and we are still at the same place.

If somebody from eBay.ca is really concerned about our system's problemswhy they do not attend our discussions before Wednesdays, so they can give us some guidance then?  I do not think it is right to write the same questions on Wednesdays that we ask each other.

I have received and have seen many very valuable suggestions and guidance that sellers give to each other.

But sometimes we can do nothing about certain problems, even if we all stand together in big friendly crowd!

We have moderator who watches our behavior, so why we don't have someone who will watch for our technical issues?

I purposely address this in regards to technical issue only.

Message 62 of 66
latest reply

@block36 wrote:

We have moderator who watches our behavior, so why we don't have someone who will watch for our technical issues?

This may be your answer -- see post #24 (on the last page) of today's discussion:

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Weekly-Board-Hour-Session/June-25th-2014-Weekly-Board-Hour/td-p/245540/p...

Message 63 of 66
latest reply

"seems that this subject was discussed many times before"

I read these boards regularly and do not recall having seen anything about that specific problem: where the PB fee included in the shipping charge is not seen in the search result page.  That was new to me and only staffers can answer that question.

Message 64 of 66
latest reply

Post #24 of today's Board Hour with eBay.ca staff:

pierrelebel wrote:

A different type of question today.

For twelve or so years, in addition to the weekly chat, the staff at eBay.ca would often visit different boards and, from time to time, answer questions of a technical nature, often on the Seller Central board.

In the year year or so, I have not noticed staff answering questions.

Is this a change of policy?  Or is it the result of lower staff level in Toronto?.

In the past we have had someone working here who was responsible for the boards. Unfortunately we no longer have that position so yes, it is a result of lower staff.

Thanks,

Ryanne

Message 65 of 66
latest reply

I suspect that the .ca staff are aware of this problem as I am sure that it was discussed when it first started happening. It may have been discussed on the gsp thread only...I don't remember if it was ever brought up at a weekly session and even if it was...I think that it is a good idea to ask about it again.

Message 66 of 66
latest reply