Another way the Fall Changes will affect Canadian Sellers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi - I know we are bummed out enough with this new "defect for delivery time standards & input tracking" issue and don't need anything else to stress about, but I just thought of this as another kicker...

The jubilation over at the .com boards is happening as many US sellers feel with this new defect system that they now have a chance and can get ahead with less defects (true as most USPS services offer tracking, they are off the hook) and now "bad" sellers can more easily become "good" sellers, and good sellers can become Top Rated Sellers - irregardless of their return rate, product quality or feedback, which means they are rewarded with higher visibility and can appear higher up the Best Match search, etc.  I don't blame their elation - if CP offered tracking for every single item, I would be thrilled with the changes too.

SO now this can potentially push us back down in search, etc etc with this new huge wave of potential TRS's, as we are left open to possible defects due to CP's lack of tracking services (in a nutshell).  EVEN if our performance, product and customer service is impeccable.

I don't even know if I am making sense here -- I just need to vent, I am mad, sad and nervous about my lil Business that I worked my tail off for the past 10 years :(.  

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: Another way the Fall Changes will affect Canadian Sellers

femmefan1946 wrote:...... Parcels may or may not be tracked, but they carry a bar code and an invoice number. That's enough to persuade sketchey buyers that a false claim would not succeed....

Yes, except under the new system of evaluation, Items Not Received* are not the problem anymore. Those carry no defect.

Late items and non-tracked items do. 

*Unless the buyer answers The Question of an item not received as 'no' they didn't receive it by Sept. 15. 

Message 21 of 21
latest reply