Forum Posts

Nothing seems to sell anymore

Is it just me or has anyone noticed that EBay is not what it used to be. Nothing seems to sell anymore, except the poor quality cheap merchandise from China! Too bad those large quantity sellers are allowed. Facebook auctions are the new trend. Selli...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 119 replies
  • 4 helpful

Resolved! blocking a user name is NOT good enough - pay attention to the email address they use

Caught someone that purchased an item from me that had a new user name, forgot to change the email. I had remembered the last name and the country so when the purchase came up - red flag. Almost wasn't. I ended up giving 100% refund, reported buyer t...

"Shipping not specified" on ebay.ca

I'm selling some items for the first time on ebay (clothing) and I'm having this issue where the shipping comes up as "shipping not specified" in the ebay.ca search. I have it set to 9 dollars shipping in Canada only (no US shipping) but this does no...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Canada Post 5 stars....Pitney Bowes 1 star......

Hey Mods....this post has NOTHING to do with the Global Shipping Program! So I needed to send a package of stuff to a friend of mine in Thunder Bay, I went over to PayPal/shipnow to print an Expedited label. Pasted in the address, entered the info an...

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

An experiment in International Visibility

Much has been written on the subject. How much visibility do Canadian sellers get on eBay.uk? (when not paying extra for so-called 'visibility") Does it matter where you list? Yesterday I listed an item on eBay.com (USA) and the same item on eBay.fr ...

$100 promotion?

few weeks ago I got a promotion for up to $100 reward if I sell something. I claimed the promotion and sold something, how do I get the $100?

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Dispute questions

A seller opened a dispute on day 60 - I thought the limit was 45 days? Anyone can explain? The item is not even in my history it is so old -just my email. I didn't add tracking because the item is $10 and $10 for postage. Canada post would only offer...

• 14 replies
  • 0 helpful

Updating June category changes in turbo lister

So eBay has renamed some craft categories and I see that they have been automatically updated on my items on eBay. My question is how do I get these changes to reflect on Turbo Lister?I know I can go in and make the changes manually but when you chan...

Resolved! Advice needed on lack of communication

Hi, everyone. As a long-time lurker and first-time poster, I want to thank everyone on this board. The advice that has been shared over the past few years has been invaluable to me and I'm sure many others, even if we aren't regular posters or even s...

What if any feedback would you leave?

I purchased items: 381251787425381251787394 at auction and although I bid more got them at very low prices. After about 2 weeks seller sent me an email asking if I got them. I replied that I had been away and had not checked my mail (it comes in a lo...

Poll - Auction Listing Duration?

Now that eBay has changed its policies and fee structure for auction listing duration, if and when you list using the "auction" format, what do you do? Still list for one or three days and pay the higher fee? Continue to list for five or seven days? ...

I(Seller) was treated unfairly in eBay.au

I sell my second-hand staffs in eBay. However, eBay treated seller so unfair. I sold a second-hand shoes to a buyer, the buyer insists to abuse my shoes. (I know, it not suitable to use abuse in here. I like my shoes, but everything she said just aim...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Looking to close my Ebay store soon if I cant turn things around,, any suggestions??

Hello, I have been consistently selling used auto parts on Ebay.ca/ ebay.com since 2008. (seller989898) , I am based out of Hamilton , Ontario. As of August 2014 I had over 1250 items listed ( worth over $150,000 ) and was doing exceptionally well wi...

reasons for lack of watchers/buyers

Sales have dropped dramatically and I have looked for reasons. 1 )About 2 months ago I listed an item on 10 day auction which attracted about 140 viewers. A few weeks ago I listed a very similar item on 10 day which only attracted about 35 viewers. W...

Changes,... changes... and more changes..

Just took a look at sold listings ... and very few showing... both eBay Canada and eBay US There is some confusion with respect to other things happening as well... glitches maybe Why???

• 9 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Store categories missing

I just went to list an item and looked up my store categories on my store page, and about half of them are missing. I look in "manage my store" and they are all there. Anyone else having the same problem?

• 11 replies
  • 1 helpful

Ebay protecting my sellers accout

Every month I seem to get an email form Ebay telling me how they have protected my Sellers Account. This month they say they have prevented 2 ebay money back guarantees requests from buyers opening cases too early. I am assuming it is probably U.S bu...

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Is my eBay listing too long? The bottom 1/3 got cut off

I have just listed a knitting machine using HTML codes. I did check preview prior to listing and everything looked fine. Once the item was listed it looked very different. The screen seemed to have cut off 1/3 of my pictures and the rest of the descr...

Paypal to cover return shipping fees?

hey all, not sure if it has been discussed or not already but logged into my paypal account today and was asked to enroll in the Paypal Refunded Return service it is no cost to have set up with your account.up to $30 limit per transactioncapped at 10...

Labels