Anyone else notice all the stock photos disappearing

been trying to make revision to entire store that i start months ago and now many of the sites stock photos are gone ...

Any other sellers noticing this ? Maybe has something to do with with the new picture rules starting next month?

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Anyone else notice all the stock photos disappearing

HI     Yes I have also noticed this?   I think you are right about the new pictures rules next month, I believe they want sellers to post their photos. It may also be the fraud dvd's used stock photos to sell their items as originals.    In any event it is a bother to sellers.

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

Oh man, this is terrible.  I've been working on my other ID and it's taking forever to find another picture, resize it and then attach it to each listing.

Also, when you search for DVD's, there are tons of them without pictures.  I wonder if the sellers even know.

I recall reading that stock pictures in this category would not be subject to the minimum picture size requirement, as long as the item was brand new, which most of mine are.

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

Every time  my items relisti lose a few pic and nothing to do with picture size ... It is driving me nuts.... Even auctions I realist end today lost there pic when I reListed them .... this is going to drive me to drink.... How can I take care of business if I have to find 2hrs a day to keeping adding photos .... Boooooooooooooo ebay get your junk fixed this whole place is falling apart

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Can someone please drop me a note with either the Search Results page URL or specific item numbers where the stock images are not appearing? I'd like to take a look.

Thanks,

~Kalvin
eBay.ca Community Manager

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

I will drop you line tonight Kalvin.. Thanks this is the firsTommie anyone from ebay has ever showed they gave a damn about this .. I appreciate it very much as it has happen to me sense day1 but an over whelming amount this month...

anyways will write you tonight thank you very much kalvin

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Kalvin, are you kidding me??  I have called the customer service so many times the last 6 months and they claimed it is a glitch and they will fix it and now I am seeing more and more photo stocks disappearing and I had to cancel so many of my listings that no longer have stock photos.  It is either Books, Videos and VHS/DVDs.  Nothing has been done, expect I am seeing more and more disappearing stock photos than ever.  And what more when I looked for the specific items, I see so many blank stock photos all the time now which I think is becoming a normal for eBay.

Didn't anyone at eBay tell you about that or what?

I would love to use stock photos for the new items so I don't have to take pictures as the stock photos appear more larger and lovely than my taking pictures myself.  Thanks.

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

Just my opinion as a buyer. I hate stock photos with a passion. To me, it makes the seller look like they may be hiding something about the item they are selling. Could there be a scratch, crack or a dent in the item?  If I am looking to buy an item and I find two of them with similar prices, similar shipping rates, etc. I will pick the one with the sellers original photos.

One time I bought Windows XP on ebay. I needed it to install on a system I was selling. Well, the photo in the listing showed the standard retail Windows version so I bought it. The item I received had "For use in a Gateway computer only" stamped on the CD. I didn't have a Gateway computer so how was I supposed to use that copy to install on that computer?

If the auction listing would have shown the actual Windows CD the seller was selling, then I would not have bought that item because it was useless to me.

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I used the stock photos only for those are brand new items.  I do use my own photos for items that are used, some dings, etc.  But I would like to see the stock photos back for my brand new items, that is what I am concerned about.  Thanks.

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

Number the thing is stock photos are good in some categories and most of us here are talking about DVD and Books..

If they are used a personal photo is good but if they are brand new a stock photo will show you exactly what personal photos will...

in other categories pictures should be taking but for someone like me taking photos of 100's of items that look exactly like stock photos is a waste of time ...

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

It seems to me that eBay is evading this kind of problems and cannot give us the real reasons as to why they are disappearing.  We need to know why and they need to be fixed asap!!  How much longer do we have to wait before eBay finally wave the white flag and admit it is their problems and finally fixed them?????  It has been months and months and months already and they kept saying it is a "glitch" and yet they cannot fix them for months and months and months???

If they cannot fix them in the meantime, why not offer us free listings for those categories until they are fixed???  Maybe that will put them into work more faster??

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

Stock photos is cheating. I don't like it.

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

It seems to me that eBay is evading this kind of problems and cannot give us the real reasons as to why they are disappearing.  We need to know why and they need to be fixed asap!!  How much longer do we have to wait before eBay finally wave the white flag and admit it is their problems and finally fixed them?????  It has been months and months and months already and they kept saying it is a "glitch" and yet they cannot fix them for months and months and months???

If they cannot fix them in the meantime, why not offer us free listings for those categories until they are fixed???  Maybe that will put them into work more faster??

Hi honeybed1950,

The issue's been acknowledged & a request for a fix has been made. Apologies for the wait, but once the issue's been resolved, I'll let the Community know through this thread.

Thanks,

~Kalvin
eBay.ca Community Manager

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

kalvin, thanks for responding but I felt it is way too long as I did contacted the customer service like about 5-6 months ago, they claimed it is a glitch like on my end, etc.  I did called them again and again and again and to no avail.  I felt that 5-6 months are way too long to get them to be fixed.

Because of that I had to put off listing any books, VHS and DVDs which is not fair.  I could have already sold many of them many months ago.  And now you no longer offer free subtitles which I like to use to get attention of the buyers which you now charge $1.50 for it, very disappointing.  Thanks.

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

I had 10 listings removed for "no picture".  I called eBay for  an explanation as they all had pictures.  Only one had a stock photo and it  was a brand new item.  They said the others did not have enough pictures.  Said they should have 12 pictures.

I thought the guy was just  grasping for straws as they usually do.  Who knows anymore?

Message 15 of 17
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually I think eBay is getting way off the wall about requesting 12 pictures when in fact one picture would be sufficient.  I had an email from eBay saying that I need at least 12 pictures for one specific item.  In fact it is a 8x10 photo that I scanned it on my printer which turned out excellent, same coloring, , it even shows bend corners, creases, etc. and here eBay saying that I need 12 pictures!!  How can I "create" at least 11 more pictures out of one 8x10 photo??  It is insane.  eBay needs to stop that!

It is our problems if our picture don't meets eBay's expectation!  I have seen many poor pictures all the time and yet they get sold fast comparing to excllent pictures shown.  Go figure!!

Message 16 of 17
latest reply

honeybed, I haven't heard of any such rule but obviously someone is telling people about it.

Is it possible for you to copy and paste the part of the email that shows where they tell you that 12 are required and who the email is from?

Message 17 of 17
latest reply