Anyone recently used Chit Chats for UK shipment?

So this is the first time in a long time that I got a sale outside US and Canada. I'm looking up Chit Chats and I got a $16.75 (box unchecked) vs $25.34 (box checked) with Chit Chats international tracked. Please see the attached screencap. What exactly does the "Yes, I want duties paid postage" meant? Am I supposed to tick the "duties paid" option because I already have a VAT paid IOSS number put in the electronic field?

For anyone who used CC for UK recently, is their tracking reliable? How about speed? I'm just trying to decide between CC or regular CP small packet air which is $26 but untracked... Thanks!
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Anyone recently used Chit Chats for UK shipment?

byto253
Community Member

Suggest giving chitchats a call.  I have found them easy to contact when I needed some help.   Did you click on the blue "duties paid postage"  as it looks like that is a link and likely has a definition.

Even if you have to check the box, I think having tracking would be worth using chitchats.   

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

I never check that box. They are fast, and their tracking is reliable. But I recently ship most by CP small packet - much cheaper and very fast, too. Always add the packing slip outside of the package. 

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Is CP cheaper though? I checked for UK it's $23 for small packet air and $30 for tracked packet (eBay's discounted rate)... Though I might use CP anyway as I don't think I'll have time to go to CC the next few days so will just drop off at the post office near my workplace. Might just pay the extra $7 for tracked packet just got a peace of mind.
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

I think Stallion uses a shipping service with (PPD or DDP?) or similar in its title and apparently means the seller/sender will accept all responsibilities for any duties or taxes that need to be paid.  Not so sure I would sign up for that.  I may have misunderstood but hopefully someone will come along and confirm or school me.  I am fine with either.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

So I used CP Tracked Packet to mail the books to this new buyer, who kindly left a positive feedback as soon as she got the books. This was a week ago and CP tracking only says it arrived in UK but doesn't show delivered. Not sure if it's worth paying extra for tracking for my future sales...... 🤔
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@zee-chan wrote:

So I used CP Tracked Packet to mail the books to this new buyer, who kindly left a positive feedback as soon as she got the books. This was a week ago and CP tracking only says it arrived in UK but doesn't show delivered. Not sure if it's worth paying extra for tracking for my future sales...... 🤔

Have you checked the Royal Mail or Parcelforce websites to see if a delivered scan shows up there?

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

I just checked Royal Mail, it is the same as the tracking shown on eBay... arrived at local post office, in transit to be delivered. Nothing on parcel force (it is identified as a Royal Mail parcel). 

So the whole purpose of me paying extra for tracking is for seller protection (as I have not sold anything to UK in 2 years), but if tracking won't even show that it has been delivered to the buyer one week after the fact, then there really is no point in me paying extra for it.

I'm thankful my buyer is honest, but if this is someone less honest then I might lose an INR case despite I have paid for tracking...

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

I stopped using UK tracked via chitchats about 6 months ago.  Items were taking between 3.5-5 weeks transit - as soon as they got to their US partner site they seemed to sit in a pile for 2 weeks + doing nothing but gathering dust.  As soon as they were released to the UK, they were delivered within a couple days, but they would literally sit for 3 weeks before this happened.  Then the US partner company lost *two* of my UK bound tracked airmail shipments.  They just disappeared off the radar, no trace.  CC refunded me the shipping on them due to their eff up but I stopped using them to the UK.  I was left no choice but to resume using non tracked airmail there via CPC and since then (knock on wood) no problems, 10-14 days, havent had a problem since I flipped back to them.  Amazing, CPC does stuff right! haha

I have noticed cc dumped this company they were using and switched back to Asendia but no idea if they are reliable or not, I havent sent anything via them internationally.  

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

That is interesting.  I shipped with Asendia through them about a year and a half ago and it met the eBay shipping timelines.  I would hope that the service is back on track with the move back to them. 

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

no issue using Chit Chats (Asendia) tracked service to the UK. usually gets there within 5-7 business days. 8x6x4 0.5 lbs cost me roughtly +/- $15. even back in my wild days (shipping CPC small packets without tracking), never had an issue with UK customers.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply